Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

It would be so fucking cool!!! :)

11899968_1639290743019401_68589899162115

Quit posting these....I'm wetting myself....yet depressed. *actually these are awesome. Make me yearn for the days of GnR

It's amazing how less ridiculous Axl looks with slash next to him. Everything about this is just cool.

You took the words out of my mouth. Slash makes Axl look great. I bet if that pic was a video Axl wouldn´t sound like Mickey Mouse :D

but a reunion is something exciting and would be cool for everyone. It's almost inescapable. It's just a creative black hole.

This line of thinking doesn't make sense and never has. People act like nuGnR have been these creative juggernaut when the reality is they're a million times more of a creative black hole than the old band ever was. The old band just stopped working together. It's not a matter of their creativity as a group drying up. It's pretty ridiculous to think the old band is a creative black hole when all they ever did was deliver incredible music on albums that the fans unanimously love. NuGnR has never even made an album that's unanimously loved let alone even appreciated so.........

• Like 4

but a reunion is something exciting and would be cool for everyone. It's almost inescapable. It's just a creative black hole.

This line of thinking doesn't make sense and never has. People act like nuGnR have been these creative juggernaut when the reality is they're a million times more of a creative black hole than the old band ever was. The old band just stopped working together. It's not a matter of their creativity as a group drying up. It's pretty ridiculous to think the old band is a creative black hole when all they ever did was deliver incredible music on albums that the fans unanimously love. NuGnR has never even made an album that's unanimously loved let alone even appreciated so.........
Not how I meant it really, just no matter what Axl or Slash do it is eclipsed by what reunion would be. I'm assuming most think the classic era is the best. I'm not say we won't enjoy new Guns or Slash solo etc just that the reunion might be tiring. Like when Slash has a new solo record he has answer when or if a reunion might happen. It always comes back to that. So why not do a reunion? Thats more of a fan perspective maybe, for the artist they have to want to do it. But surely if it haunts everything you do maybe you need to look at it again!

or the artist they have to want to do it. But surely if it haunts everything you do maybe you need to look at it again!

Or maybe you don't. If you, as an artist, feel the music you've created with your nu band is great, and it's the kind of music you've always wanted to create and you want the world to hear it, why look at it again until it's at least delivered?

If Axl is satisfied with the way CD ll sounds, my first instinct is to say go ahead. If I was objective.

I guess the other side of it, let's face it: Slash can do no harm in Guns. Not really. At least it is my opinion he can improve an Axl tune just cause he's Slash and his style goes so well with Axl's.

And Duff proved he has no problem playing the songs live. Even seemed to enjoy it.

Axl got mad options. He can fairly easily replace Bumble and DJ and release CD ll in 2016 and tour it in 2017.

He can let Slash and Duff work on CD ll and tour behind that with Fortus still in the band.

He can use Slash in the studio and live, but only use Duff in the studio if Tommy is still in the band.

He doesn't need the money. 500 mil I get it, but he doesn't need that to maintain his lavish lifestyle. Gotta want it like you said: if Axl buried the hatchet with Slash, and feels he really wants to collaborate with him musically again before he's 60 and it's still not pathetic, I can understand that.

But please don't do it just for the money. It's one of my wildest dreams to see and hear the old line up live, but if that's all it's gonna be, I'm not sure it's worth it. But maybe it is.

Never experienced that, so I'm biased, and it won't be as good as it was 20 years ago which also makes it kinda cheap. Unless they write together or work together and release an album that doesn't repeat their past work and is timeless which I think is very unlikely but who knows.

Oh...the perils of rock n' roll decadence.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

CD2 will never be released. If Axl was satisfied and confident about it, it would already have been released 2 or 3 years ago when Axl was touring. It doesn't make sense to wait 7+ years to release a record that was made at the same time than CD1.

Get over it guys. :shrugs:

Now, it's time for Axl to start something new with Slash & Co (aka Guns N' Roses). :drool:rock4rock3

edit: nugnr fans are too selfish, they want CD2 but don't care if it bombs, don't care about the consequences of another failure.

Quit posting these....I'm wetting myself....yet depressed. *actually these are awesome. Make me yearn for the days of GnR

It's amazing how less ridiculous Axl looks with slash next to him. Everything about this is just cool.

Amazingly cool picture!! Edited by IZZYISGNR

Maybe because Slash looks a bit riduculous, too?

Bullshit!!! If you look at pics of Slash from 88 or 91 it is the same Slash, top hat, leather/jean pants and a shirt. Unless of course you think Slash looked ridiculous back then as well

:crazy:

I don't think there's any reason to be concerned that CD2 wouldn't be released in some form or another. Axl's worked on that material for years, there's no way he would just scrap it all. If there's a reunion, (which sounds pretty likely at this point) Slash will probably write new solos on the songs and stuff like that. I mean original GNR released Hollywood Rose songs. There's no reason to believe that songs like The General wouldn't be released even if there is a reunion.

Bullshit!!! If you look at pics of Slash from 88 or 91 it is the same Slash, top hat, leather/jean pants and a shirt. Unless of course you think Slash looked ridiculous back then as well

In 1987 on a twenty-year-old, it kinda worked. In 2015, on a 50-year-old, it looks kinda silly :shrugs:

In 1987 on a twenty-year-old, it kinda worked. In 2015, on a 50-year-old, it looks kinda silly :shrugs:

I guess Slash will just have to go around looking silly then, or as everybody else calls it- fucking cool.

• Like 1

or the artist they have to want to do it. But surely if it haunts everything you do maybe you need to look at it again!

Or maybe you don't. If you, as an artist, feel the music you've created with your nu band is great, and it's the kind of music you've always wanted to create and you want the world to hear it, why look at it again until it's at least delivered?

If Axl is satisfied with the way CD ll sounds, my first instinct is to say go ahead. If I was objective.

I guess the other side of it, let's face it: Slash can do no harm in Guns. Not really. At least it is my opinion he can improve an Axl tune just cause he's Slash and his style goes so well with Axl's.

And Duff proved he has no problem playing the songs live. Even seemed to enjoy it.

Axl got mad options. He can fairly easily replace Bumble and DJ and release CD ll in 2016 and tour it in 2017.

He can let Slash and Duff work on CD ll and tour behind that with Fortus still in the band.

He can use Slash in the studio and live, but only use Duff in the studio if Tommy is still in the band.

He doesn't need the money. 500 mil I get it, but he doesn't need that to maintain his lavish lifestyle. Gotta want it like you said: if Axl buried the hatchet with Slash, and feels he really wants to collaborate with him musically again before he's 60 and it's still not pathetic, I can understand that.

But please don't do it just for the money. It's one of my wildest dreams to see and hear the old line up live, but if that's all it's gonna be, I'm not sure it's worth it. But maybe it is.

Never experienced that, so I'm biased, and it won't be as good as it was 20 years ago which also makes it kinda cheap. Unless they write together or work together and release an album that doesn't repeat their past work and is timeless which I think is very unlikely but who knows.

Oh...the perils of rock n' roll decadence.

I kind of like that idea that Slash, Izzy, Duff would just drop into Axl's record and Slash would take direction. Theres some feeling like thats not how real GNR worked. And thats what people wanted rekindled, the reignite that chemistry and show this is real GNR. It's not Slash just replacing or adding solos.

If after CD you go back to reunion record with the old way of working then CD is an anomaly that people would say is best forgotten.

But if you evolve the CD way of working with Slash working more closely with Axl. I dont know, it seems like a whole different way...it might need a re-record or for the old guys to do their bit on this particular record. Maybe as Axl is rumored to have wanted Slash on certain CD songs.

That would be a cool gesture and would set them up for a real recording after the tour. If you have a hybrid reunion that could quell the danger without risking the mansion. I know people don't like this idea.

• Like 1

Australian tour boss pours scorn on idea of original lineup working with him - but admits it’s been fun to “share this fantasy”

Australian promoter AJ Maddah has shut down rumours that the original lineup of Guns N’ Roses are set to join his Soundwave festival next year.

Speculation exploded after guitarist Slash last month revealed he and frontman Axl Rose had settled their differences some time previously, saying: “It’s very cool at this point.”

He refused to be drawn on the question of working together again – but that didn’t stop fans discussing the possibility, then settling on the idea that the reunion would take place in Australia in 2016.

Maddah tells Music Feeds: “It’s been nice for me to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans – but it’s not happening.

“I sure hope those guys do get back together again. There has never been, or ever will be, such a potent force for rock’n’roll than the original GnR in full flight.”

And even if it does happen, Maddah thinks it’ll take more than six months to arrange. “I think it’ll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together.”

But he adds: “If by a miracle it does happen, I’ll throw everything I can to be involved. It would be my last act as promoter – after that I’d have nowhere to go.”

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-09-01/guns-roses-reunion-australia-shut-down-by-promoter

• Like 1

Australian tour boss pours scorn on idea of original lineup working with him - but admits it’s been fun to “share this fantasy”

Australian promoter AJ Maddah has shut down rumours that the original lineup of Guns N’ Roses are set to join his Soundwave festival next year.

Speculation exploded after guitarist Slash last month revealed he and frontman Axl Rose had settled their differences some time previously, saying: “It’s very cool at this point.”

He refused to be drawn on the question of working together again – but that didn’t stop fans discussing the possibility, then settling on the idea that the reunion would take place in Australia in 2016.

Maddah tells Music Feeds: “It’s been nice for me to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans – but it’s not happening.

“I sure hope those guys do get back together again. There has never been, or ever will be, such a potent force for rock’n’roll than the original GnR in full flight.”

And even if it does happen, Maddah thinks it’ll take more than six months to arrange. “I think it’ll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together.”

But he adds: “If by a miracle it does happen, I’ll throw everything I can to be involved. It would be my last act as promoter – after that I’d have nowhere to go.”

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-09-01/guns-roses-reunion-australia-shut-down-by-promoter

That lame ass promotor just got his 15mins of fame riding the wave of Axl & Slash reunion tour rumours on the expense of all the true Gn'R fans out there. <_<

Great point. Axl actually looks great next to Slash...........vs a guy with a KFC bucket over his face or a (LOL) DJ Ashba. *I just LOL when I picture that guy.

• Like 1

It would be so fucking cool!!! :)11899968_1639290743019401_68589899162115

Great point. Axl actually looks great next to Slash...........vs a guy with a KFC bucket over his face or a (LOL) DJ Ashba. *I just LOL when I picture that guy.

Yeah he does. Must piss people off when a bloke wearing a kfc bucket on his head can play a guitar just as good as you.