Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

"Last hurdle"? Really? "Last hurdle" as in they have nothing else going on in their lives music wise they might be afraid of compromising?

Like what? Selling 50,000 albums a year with Myles? Sitting at home eating rabbit sausages? Tweeting about whales? Managing your daughters rock band? Riding your BMX in Indiana and putting out albums nobody buys?

Anyway, why should a reunion be a "compromise"? What is left to compromise? Mid-tier nostalgia rock careers?

As in there not being any musical differences between them? As in Axl suddently being a functional band mate who it is a pleasure to make and release music with? As in all the bad blood being water under the bridge?

There could be musical differences sure, but did I mention recording anything? Running a global tour of the old stuff is probably as far as it could go initially.

If we are to take what Slash said, most of the negativity is gone anyway..so bad blood...probably always will be but money talks and I'm willing to bet that all these oldies are listening.

You also say something about them not having any other option. Really? No other option? No other option at all? Slash can't just go on as he is? Axl can't just retire to a life in comfort? Or release music now and again and even tour it with a new lineup? But no, reunion is the only option? Hah.

I was referring to Axl having options, that should have been obvious from my post. Axl's the one with no band and the GNR name.

Of course Axl can retire or do other shit under GNR (jesus do I have to be this pedantic?) but his only option with GNR that could be successful is a reunion.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

Can you honestly say Slash's guitar skills have improved since the Illusion era?

Anastasia?

On a technical level, he is unbelievably beyond what he was on day appetite. Even Illusions. He was a god like sloppy blues rock guitar player. He was a big deal because after a decade of EVH run off, he was the only one. He also was the last. But if we're talking technical skill, he's improved vastly. His songwriting hasn't worsened either, the talent around him has.

Slash and Axl have gotten over some of their problems and can talk to each other now. That is all there is. Some of you need to look at the bigger picture between them. They have been apart so long that they probably do not even know each other very well any longer. Axl has never had dealings with a totally clean Slash. Neither one of them needs the other to work at their craft. A couple of other things to consider- the minute Slash walks out onto the stage and plays under the name of GNR, he will be working for Axl. That means Axl has total control of what is done concerning the band on and off the stage. That includes merchandising and media. Slash works for himself and has gotten use to having things his way. Slash also likes to create new music and Axl does not. Any talk of a reunion is very premature at this point so many things would need to be worked out. Who would sit down and help them work these things out? Beta and Perla? Perla is still very involved with the business end of Slash's career? And I believe that I have seen several postings here stating that Beta hates Slash.

• Like 1

So Axl hasn't acknowledged the reunion fantasist talk, is that what the problem is? There will be no reunion, not for at least for a couple of years.

Your inside secret source told you this?

Can you honestly say Slash's guitar skills have improved since the Illusion era?

Anastasia?

On a technical level, he is unbelievably beyond what he was on day appetite. Even Illusions. He was a god like sloppy blues rock guitar player. He was a big deal because after a decade of EVH run off, he was the only one. He also was the last. But if we're talking technical skill, he's improved vastly. His songwriting hasn't worsened either, the talent around him has.
Brilliant post.

Haters like WK won't admit that though, as he feels he must hate Slash since he left GnR.

Yep. Little can be said about your posting skills over the years, though.

Best post of the topic.
  • Like 1

Best rock singer of the last 30 years.

Singer on what is the best hard rock album in history.

Singer on four of my 15 favorite albums of all time.

Singer of what I consider the best rock album of the last decade.

I've paid more than $10,000 to watch Axl perform live.

I would pay $100 today for a batch of new songs. Five songs - $100.

Finally, if I could pick any band or singer in the world to release a double album for Christmas of 2015, Axl would be my first choice. If I had 100 votes, I would put Axl's name on votes 1 through 90.

Yet another prime example of your relentless Axl bashing LOL

Ash's latest post:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.
I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.
To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies."

• Like 3

It goes the other way as well, some here like to simply bash Axl. Like you. Is there anything you can honestly say you like about Axl?

You have been in this forum since the beginning, under multiple accounts so it's surprising you didn't catch any of my supporting-Axl posts throughout the years. Just the fact that I have stated many times how much I love Axl Rose, contradicts your entire statement. Also, you might want to check the definition of "bashing" next time you want to use that word.

Keep in mind that - at least - I'm consistent with the way I post. I have not and will not change the tune of my posts depending on how frustrated, happy, depressed I am. Like you.

Is it your job to defend Axl from people who have different opinion than yours? I've seen you have two mental breakdowns the last few days where instead of a civil debate you went into "well I guess Slash is perfect" or"well I guess that means Fortus is the greatest of all time." Your point went to these weird places where you brought up things that nobody had even said. Or thought.

But just for fun.

Best rock singer of the last 30 years.

Singer on what is the best hard rock album in history.

Singer on four of my 15 favorite albums of all time.

Singer of what I consider the best rock album of the last decade.

I've paid more than $10,000 to watch Axl perform live.

I would pay $100 today for a batch of new songs. Five songs - $100.

Finally, if I could pick any band or singer in the world to release a double album for Christmas of 2015, Axl would be my first choice. If I had 100 votes, I would put Axl's name on votes 1 through 90.

Great post. Miser aka Dr. Who thinks that people are going to forget the kind of poster he was. He might fool the new members but we remember.

Nosaj is a big Axl fan. I can relate to his words whenever he talks about how Axl sounded great in a show he attended recently. He's not a fanatic though. We are all Axl fans but when he fucks things up there's no need to kiss his ass or protect him.

I consider myself a Gn'R fan, but yeah, I love Axl Rose, he was one of the greatest frontmen of all time. Too bad his ego and bitterness got the best of him and turned him into a joke.

That doesn't mean I have to defend everything he did/does/will do.

Indeed. The show I went to was fantastic, Axl sounded incredible. I paid $220 to see Axl and some other guys. It was all about Axl and he delivered.

Yeah but saying things like "Axl should BEG Slash to take him back" and whatnot goes a little too far. Has Axl sounded like crap since 2011 with the exception of the last Vegas run? Yeah, he has. But then again he sounded like crap in 2002 yet came back swinging in 2006.

And who are you to tell me or others how to speak our minds? I still have the personal message you sent me before you were banned for the nth time where you said the very same things you are criticizing me or others for.

• Like 1

Oh my god yes...

Agreed. To me Slash is better now than ever before. To be honest I really didn't dig the Illusions live era too much. Had moments of greatness for sure, but it was too big and bloated. I preferred the raw Appetite GnR, more punk rock and real.

If they we're to reunite I think it would be pretty bad ass musically considering they are all clean, focused and can still bring it home (like in the R&R Hall of Fame performance). I don't think they will do it unless they knew it's going to be something special.

Ash's latest post:

"I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.

I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.

To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies."

Good for Axl if this is sincere. I'm not gonna bash the guy for getting healthy again. I think he wants to look good and in the long run this will prolong his career, and hopefully his life.

As for the other stuff, I think it was nice that Slash stood up for Axl, even against his own family. I think that's the positive to take here

If it was all said in sarcasm or whatever then I apologize for my naive post.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Whoi is going to play cd2 songs,makes no sense if slash..

they probably wouldnt play them if they dont play on album. my guess is , if im right and they try to boost cd2 sales using the reunion, they would possible release cd2 during tour and the tour would NOT be officially affiliated with it or called cd tour or anything. there would be no connection other than axl and the gnr name. you think they are gonna play cd1 songs? lol

Edited by nproducing

Yep. Little can be said about your posting skills over the years, though.

I just think his style on solos albums compared with gnr material sounds different his playing has matured over the years obviously. Is that OK Rusty!

Edited by wkuk04

Slash and Axl have gotten over some of their problems and can talk to each other now. That is all there is. Some of you need to look at the bigger picture between them. They have been apart so long that they probably do not even know each other very well any longer. Axl has never had dealings with a totally clean Slash. Neither one of them needs the other to work at their craft. A couple of other things to consider- the minute Slash walks out onto the stage and plays under the name of GNR, he will be working for Axl. That means Axl has total control of what is done concerning the band on and off the stage. That includes merchandising and media. Slash works for himself and has gotten use to having things his way. Slash also likes to create new music and Axl does not. Any talk of a reunion is very premature at this point so many things would need to be worked out. Who would sit down and help them work these things out? Beta and Perla? Perla is still very involved with the business end of Slash's career? And I believe that I have seen several postings here stating that Beta hates Slash.

they were bandmates, not buddies. their friendship was a result of the band and ended when slash left the band. a contract can be written concerning the tour.....money for shows by percentage of profit, rights and money for any dvd or audio release of tour, etc. slash doesn't have to seek ownership of name or live under axl's control to tour with him. my guess is he will have to put up with going on late and traveling separate and that is about it. if axl decides he wants to play cd songs i dont see why slash wouldnt improve the solos on them either and be fine with it. i dont see any issues they cant deal with. they will all be getting siginificantly more than what they are getting now for their work.

Edited by nproducing