MYGNRFORUM PRIZE PACKS GIVEAWAY!!! [CONTEST CLOSED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED WITHIN!!!]

Great idea guys! I'll gladly take the HOORAY FOR TOLERANCE SHIRT (since I have the other one) and the autographed Marc Canter book when I win! Seriously though this is so cool so thanks for this contest. My favorite GnR moment is a tie between 7/25/92(Buffalo,NY-Rich Stadium with Metallica) and 11/30/02(John Labatt Centre,London,Ontario,where I was told by security to take off my KFC bucket since it could be,and I quote "Used as a weapon") Those were my first two shows and they were ten years apart. Today was pretty cool too with Slash saying he and Axl are friends again. No I don't expect three entries but I hope I win to ease the pain of not winning the autographed Axl laminate from Nightrain.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Dec 4, 2011 Nashville TN. The moment Welcome To The Jungle intro started. I had been waiting since 1987 to hear that live. Greatest moment of my life ( even though my kids would be upset to know that lol)

i wasnt there for the classic lineup era, or even the 1st half of nuguns so I'll take the one that i got to experience personally

It was last year when Duff went to back to play with the band in south america around March. I remember staying up until 1am on school day (#fuckcollegeyolo) watching livestream through this blonde tattooed girl's phone, whose name i cant remember. The forum was crazy about duff getting back and we had to go to The Ritz chat, then there was some rasp during KOHD and everyone got super stocked :lol:

I even shed a little happy tears during paradise city... :P

Hammerstein 3rd night 2006. My first GNR show (if the Philly riot doesn't count), and still the best concert that I've ever seen!

Philly 2012: met Axl afterwards. 'Nuff said!

Wilkes-Barre 2011: "Estranged" was played. Happy tears were shed.

Edited by The Real McCoy

The two shows I saw in 2010 are my two favorite concerts and modern GNR classics (Bucharest and London 2nd night). Still, I have to give this one to the IRS leak in February 2006.

Can I be excluded from the Appetite for Democracy draw please? I don't own a bluray player.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as hat you're looking for. For me it was epic.

Back in the GnR days, there wasn't an internet, I was driving to school, I was a freshman in college, and I was listening to the local rock station and they announced they were playing a brand new GnR song. I had no idea anything new was coming, that last I had read Duff was talking about a side project and the rumors ion the rock magazines were that they were breaking up. Sympathy for the Devil started playing and I pulled over to the break down lane of the highway so I could concentrate on the song. I flashed The headbanger horns to the cars that passed, and was late for class.

Probably really hard for the young bucks to imagine a song sneaking up on you, but we didn't have fancy phones and talking card back in the day.

--------------------------------

My second favorite moment was when I was a DJ at Rutgers, I still have the tape where I "guaranteed" new music from Guns late 96 early 97(No idea what my source was, but I remember it was really the rumor at the time.) I promised I would play it before anyone else on the station when it came out.

Flash forward 12 years and I was working an Alumni special. Right after Chinese Democracy came out(Same week.) Because of the new format station, I was able to verify that not only had it not been played, they didn't even have it. So I went on the air explaining that I had made a promise in 1996 and dammit if I don't keep my promises and I gave a little speech about how Axl is back and the doubters can kiss my ass during the gibberish part of CD and when the music hit I flipped off the mic and walked out of the on air section into the office part to a round of applause. Apparently it was a good speech.

I thought it was kind of neat that the timing worked out that way. I played most of the album, and did an all GnR sort of show, with old Guns, Slash, Duff, Gilby and Izzy mixed in.

Edited by DeadSlash

I saw them in Rotterdam, I travelled from Madrid specially for that show, I knew Axl was going to be late, so I booked a seating ticket and not the standing one as I have back problems.

I also booked the VIP package which had the Meet N' Greet and a poster and a guitar pick. I checked in a hotel near the venue, it was like 10 mins by the metro, that was the nearest hotel. I went early to the venue cause of the Meet N' Greet. I met some cool people there, mostly Axl fans, some of them liked both Axl and Slash and some just came cause of the music.

At the Meet N' Greet I met Dizzy, Ashba, Ron, Fortus, Frank. They were nice, I kept on calling Dizzy by his real name, he was like no one has called me that in the past 20 years lol.

After that the selected people were allowed in the venue early, so everyone got to stand in the front except for me cause I booked a seat. I felt bad for those people cause they had to stand for more than 4 in order to see the band. The show started pretty late, Axl was like 2 to 3 hours late.

I stood up from the seat and went in the front to enjoy the show, the show was good, but I don't know in my mind I was seeing the original line up cause that is Guns N' Roses. But Axl's voice sounded really good at the show.

After the show got over, I got a chance to be at the back of the venue where the buses were standing, over there I hung around with Ashba, Ron, Dizzy. They were pretty nice, I asked Ron about his back problems and all. I met Frank and Richard too, they were nice too. I saw Tommy, but he was drunk and seemed rude to me, he was more interested in talking to 2 girls who I guess would sleep with him later that night. I met Del too and he was nice. I asked him about the November Rain video, but I din't get any proper reply from him.

I kept on waiting for Axl to come out, it was very cold, I was just in Jeans and Tshirt and it was freezing. Over there I met Vanessa, I din't know who she was that time, so I asked her do you work for the band? she was like Yes. She asked if I needed something warm to wear which was really nice of her, she asked me that a couple of times which was really sweet of her. I asked her if Jeffry Isbel came to the show cause Izzy was at the 02 show just before this show, so she was like Izzy? I was like yeah lol. She said that he isn't at the venue with them.

I kept on waiting for Axl till like 3 to 4 am, then this big body guard came, I guess he was the head of the security of the band, He saw me and got angry and told me to leave, he told the security of the venue to kick me out, then a security guy who was taking my pics before was pushing me now, I was like I will leave, don't fucking push me, then I saw Vanessa and went running towards her, I kept on shouting SHE WORKS FOR THE BAND SHE WORKS FOR THE BAND, so the security guard would know, but she told me she doesn't knows when Axl will come out and it might take hours for him to come out. I told her I will wait, but she said she can't do anything, so the security guard again was trying to push me and all, so i was like Man I am leaving.

So well I finally left the venue, I took a cab back to the hotel, I saw some fans standing outside the venue on the other side, but well they din't get to meet any members and at least I got to meet all the members except for Axl. Well Maybe someday in the future I hope to meet him.

Im 16 years old so i missed real GNR and half of nuGNR. My favourite moment was seeing Axl for the first time in my life. I couldnt believe it was him. Sounding raspy as fuck, the crowd jumping (its un Argentina :P ), i felt like the stadium will eventually collapse. It was one of the best moments in my life.

If i win, i would love to get a Reckless Road copy. Thank you :P

May 12th, 2006-Hammerstein

Me and my best friend Eddie flew from Chicago to NY on the morning of May 12th, 2006, arrived in NY, walked around for a few smoked a joint on top of a parking garage looking over NY, and headed to Mustang Sallys PRESHOW Party, while we were outside smoking a cigarette to the entrance, i started speaking with a member who was in a wheelchair and paralyzed, after talking for a few, we brought him inside pickup the wheelchair and all and brought him to the upstairs where the GNR members were, taking shots together and having a few beers. Ended up going downstairs with him and his girlfriend who i believe it was, whom was also in a wheelchair and paralyzed. They ate dinner, we continued to drink. We walked with them straight to the venue, we all went into the venue right in front of everyone since we accommodated them, as there was lines super long. There we are looking inside at the stage at a completely empty venue. We go straight to the front of the stage off to the right a little bit. The show happens, and it was amazing. During Paradise City when it goes crazy i made an attempt to jump on stage for some reason and was grabbed mid air by security and literally thrown out the back door of the venue and was in an alley. Met my friend after the show, we found some shitty motel on like the 60th floor of a building with the last of our money, wake up the next day and flew back to chicago immediately. To this day i will never forget those 24hrs, unfortunately my best friend eddie passed away on 11/28/14 but this Memory will LIVE FOREVER!!!!

I must add that was the 1st show of the 4 shows, and the 1st time TWAT was ever played. Me and my buddy would talk about this adventure time to time about how crazy it was. If you are wondering how we smoked a joint in new york, my friend actually bought weed from a guy on the street lol..i was very against it, until it worked out.

GNR FOREVER

RIP EDDIE!!!

• Like 1

Since I became a fan very late I didn't attend any shows, but my favourite Gn'R moment has to be that you used my logo for the design contest in your OP while I didn't even win the original contest (was one of the runnerups tho). :takethat:

Mine is hearing "Oh My God" on the radio for the first time. I was just really getting into GNR and felt like I had missed out and they were over. I heard that song but they hadn't said who it was until it was over and I was thinking "that really sounds like Axl but doesn't sound like GNR...". When it was over and they announced that it was GNR I was pumped. I got the soundtrack and probably played that song about 100 times in a row thinking there was a brand new GNR album on the way "soon" :S

• Like 1

My favourite moment was, selfishly perhaps, the first time I ever saw Guns N' Roses live. It was during the Skin N' Bones tour in Nijmegen, in the Netherlands. I had to get a ticket + bus deal, as the concert took place in another part of the country. That was good fun, traveling with other Guns fans.

We arrived a bit late, so it was already pretty crowded. That's where being 5 ft 2 has its advantages, though. People were very kind and let me move ahead of them. I ended up right in front of the stage.

I remember it being bloody hot. Security were kind enough to hand us water at one point. I also remember that the stage was huge, and that it was still light when the band started playing. And when they did, it was brilliant. So much energy, such a good atmosphere. During one part of the show there was a couch on the stage for some reason, which was mildly baffling, but good fun. I managed to find a short clip of it here -

The only downside was that the show seemed to be a bit short. Short for a Guns N' Roses show, anyway. The bus driver told us that he was surprised - their company was also providing transport for a Christian youth event, and they were still going when GN'R was already done!

Long show or not, though, I was there. And it was amazing. That's one sweet, lasting memory.

Ps - I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so would like to be disqualified from that prize, please.

My favorite GNR moment was the moment when the lights went down in the Hammerstein Ballroom close to midnight on May 12, 2006. Robin started the notes to "Jungle" and I've never heard a crowd react like that. It was the loudest combination of excitement and relief I've ever heard, almost visceral, like a battle cry. And then once Axl hit the "do you know where the fuck you are?!" That crowd went absolutely nuts. It was the most exciting 2 1/2 hours I've ever had at a show. No one knew what they would play, how Axl would sound or look etc.

I've missed some shows that were relatively close to me and ice regretted it. I'll always fondly remember that night and be extremely glad and grateful that I was able to go.