Should I go see Megadeth or Bon Jovi live?

wasted

If you have to pick one I'd say the obvious choice is Megadeth. Rust in Peace(NOT HAIR METAL) is, as others have said, one of the greatest and most well made metal albums of all time.

Bon Jovi famously blows. I could see the appeal of seeing them for the hell of it if I was offered free tickets and snuck in a flask or something, but otherwise you'll be surrounded by aging white people who wanted to get a babysitter, get drunk, and sing "Livin' On A Prayer" in an arena to rekindle their glory days.

Even if you could drop the guilty feeling in your stomach to enjoy their catchy pop songs for what they are(No shame in that), the atmosphere will suck, they're not that great live, you'll only know half the songs, and you can save your money for something better. Just bein' real about it.

Megadeth might actually be fun and put on a cool show. Even if you're not familiar with some of the setlist, it will still be engaging and we'll worth it

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

Dave's hired guns vs. Jon's hired guns. Tough choice. I'd say keep your money. I don't have much use for Megadave of late, the last couple records just haven't caught my ear. As for Bon Jovi, I don't want to pay those ticket prices to see them without Richie, the same way I wouldn't pay original GNR ticket prices to see the most recent lineup. Drop Bon Jovi prices by $30-$50 and I'm in.

Or both?

I actually like Megadeth. Probably after AFD, Rust in Peace my favorite hair metal album.

wut

If you had to go see one of them, I'd say go for Megadave. But ideally, skip both. Dave is such an asshole, and he really ruins Megadeth live for me. I like the music, but just can't tolerate his personality.

I'm seeing Megadeth in October. I wholly expect that I will sustain an injury in the mosh when either Take No Prisoners or Holy Wars kick off.

Or both?

I actually like Megadeth. Probably after AFD, Rust in Peace my favorite hair metal album.

wut

If you had to go see one of them, I'd say go for Megadave. But ideally, skip both. Dave is such an asshole, and he really ruins Megadeth live for me. I like the music, but just can't tolerate his personality.

...speaking of ginger cunts with total control of their bands...

Megadeth. Easy call.

And I'm not even really a Megadeth fan (don't not like them but just don't really know their stuff) but they clearly seem like the better choice. Just in terms of being a no nonsense good rock/metal show. From what I know of them, I'd have no doubt they'd still deliver. And in no way do I think Bon Jovi isn't a good show. They are and I've seen them, but they're like someone you only have to see once. Its the hits, and you're gonna get the show you expect. You're better off waiting on Jovi now, who will easily still be doing this at that level down the line and maybe even back with Sambora or doing a farewell blowout tour or something. I'd say Megadeth, if you're a fan, is probably the way to go and that kind of music I question how long they keep up at a very high level. Bon Jovi can do his thing for another 10 years.