Should I go see Megadeth or Bon Jovi live?

wasted

All seater though. No GA. so up close seats are probably $200. Its a different arena to the one Metallica played. Dave may not beable to play War songs in China. Went wipes out the whole set.

If I can get Dave tickets cheap i might as its in the old stadium which will be metal with all the imperial gargoyles.

Save your money, go to Maiden next year when they play China. I wanna hang out with wasted! :)

we will drink 3rmb beers in Carls jr head banging to number of the beast. Then po po will come a beat us like dogs and throw us in van. Never to be seen again.
  • Like 2

otherwise you'll be surrounded by aging white people who wanted to get a babysitter, get drunk, and sing "Livin' On A Prayer" in an arena to rekindle their glory days.

it

I'm confused by your description and why you present this as a negative.

So what age is one considered "aging" and is there a point you feel they should attend concerts?

I always get a babysitter before shows. Should I bring my four year old to a rock concert? Why would it bother you for somebody to get a babysitter?

I don't get drunk at shows, but lots of people do. I don't believe drinking at shows is tied to "aging" people is it? From my experience the younger crowd tends to drink and get high more than older people.

And why would singing a rock song rekindle their glory days? When I saw GnR a couple years ago, singing Paradise City certainly didn't out me into mental state where I somehow thought I was reliving 1988. I consider now to be my glory days - I've got a house as opposed to an apartment, make about 10 times more money, a career instead of a job, an amazing marriage instead of banging random girls. Today, not 1988, are my glory days.

I've never understood why people have to put others down because they like a different kind of music. Maybe some people want to see Bon Jovi for the exact same reasons you go to see your favorite bands. They just like live shows and they like the bands music.

• Like 1

Save your money, go to Maiden next year when they play China. I wanna hang out with wasted! :)

we will drink 3rmb beers in Carls jr head banging to number of the beast. Then po po will come a beat us like dogs and throw us in van. Never to be seen again.
I'm holding you to that.

I'm holding you to that.
Cant garuantee the last part but Carls jr and road beers are unavoidable.

Why not go to both?

I've seen Bon Jovi and they were great live. A lot of classic rock songs.

Never seen megadeth live but would love to see them. Do they ever play Hanger 18 live?

If I was you and they came to my town I would go see both.

I think I will get cheap tickets to both. Normally one show will be cancelled. Like Aerosmith was cancelled but The Eagles went ahead. So just scattershot technique. If Dave moves to the smaller venue that would be better.

otherwise you'll be surrounded by aging white people who wanted to get a babysitter, get drunk, and sing "Livin' On A Prayer" in an arena to rekindle their glory days.

it

So what age is one considered "aging" and is there a point you feel they should attend concerts?

I always get a babysitter before shows. Should I bring my four year old to a rock concert? Why would it bother you for somebody to get a babysitter?

I don't get drunk at shows, but lots of people do. I don't believe drinking at shows is tied to "aging" people is it? From my experience the younger crowd tends to drink and get high more than older people.

And why would singing a rock song rekindle their glory days? When I saw GnR a couple years ago, singing Paradise City certainly didn't out me into mental state where I somehow thought I was reliving 1988. I consider now to be my glory days - I've got a house as opposed to an apartment, make about 10 times more money, a career instead of a job, an amazing marriage instead of banging random girls. Today, not 1988, are my glory days.

I've never understood why people have to put others down because they like a different kind of music. Maybe some people want to see Bon Jovi for the exact same reasons you go to see your favorite bands. They just like live shows and they like the bands music.

Nothing wrong with being older, and nothing wrong with getting a baby sitter.

When that's the core of the audience of a show I find it to be a lame crowd. Bon Jovi isn't particularly popular with people I think are interesting(but I come from a different generation so... No shit.), but that's just me weighing them against Megadeth, and taking other factors into account than just the music.

Obviously wasted must enjoy Bon Jovi's music, and that's cool. I never bashed on wasted for his music tastes, I just gave my opinion on the matter. I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi, I think their music is vanilla and uninteresting, and that none of the members of the band are particularly talented.

I'm not gonna lie, there are some songs they have that are fun pop songs, and would be cool to see live. I wouldn't pay money for it, but I'm not repulsed by the idea of it either. I just think Megadeth is a safer bet for a good time, and probably a more interesting show.

I'm sorry if you felt personally insulted by my post, but I was just exaggerating for humorous effect. 80s soft rock isn't taken very seriously by most people(nor should it be, it's not like Bon Jovi is trying to be Pink Floyd or something, and that's fine, they're a fun pop band and they do their fun pop band thing).

Your life sounds cool dude, I'm happy you're doing your thing, however my post had nothing to do with you, or anyone's music taste except for my own, and imaginary exaggerated white people with babysitters.

What's your deal with jumping down my throat whenever I post in My World?

Edited by Dan H.

I'd pick Bon Jovi but that's just me. I've seen both in their prime (Megadeth-Countdown To Extinction lineup and Bon Jovi-Keep The Faith lineup) so I'm in no hurry to see either again. It's all what you want so in the words of Dj Ashba "FUCK WHAT PEOPLE THINK!" I took some old school Gunners with me to see GNR last year and they didn't like it. The same guys who went with me in 92,now no longer enjoy GnR like I do but it won't stop me from going again.

Edited by Subtle Signs

it

Nothing wrong with being older, and nothing wrong with getting a baby sitter.

When that's the core of the audience of a show I find it to be a lame crowd. Bon Jovi isn't particularly popular with people I think are interesting(but I come from a different generation so... No shit.), but that's just me weighing them against Megadeth, and taking other factors into account than just the music.

Obviously wasted must enjoy Bon Jovi's music, and that's cool. I never bashed on wasted for his music tastes, I just gave my opinion on the matter. I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi, I think their music is vanilla and uninteresting, and that none of the members of the band are particularly talented.

I'm not gonna lie, there are some songs they have that are fun pop songs, and would be cool to see live. I wouldn't pay money for it, but I'm not repulsed by the idea of it either. I just think Megadeth is a safer bet for a good time, and probably a more interesting show.

I'm sorry if you felt personally insulted by my post, but I was just exaggerating for humorous effect. 80s soft rock isn't taken very seriously by most people(nor should it be, it's not like Bon Jovi is trying to be Pink Floyd or something, and that's fine, they're a fun pop band and they do their fun pop band thing).

Your life sounds cool dude, I'm happy you're doing your thing, however my post had nothing to do with you, or anyone's music taste except for my own, and imaginary exaggerated white people with babysitters.

What's your deal with jumping down my throat whenever I post in My World?

Wasn't insulted at all. Just curious as to why you listed those things as negatives or reasons why to not go to a show.

I suppose the attitude of a crowd doesn't effect whether or not I enjoy a show. That's another area where we disagree.

That was a nice detailed long response. Thank you. It's nice to interact with posters who wrote more than just "that band sucks" and "I hate that genre."

I apologize if you feel like I've attacked you in this section. People never believe this, but I don't even pay attention to who I'm responding to about 50% of the time. I try and just respond to the post and topic rather than tying it directly to the poster. Obviously that doesn't happen every time. I will try and pay attention if I see your name I will post in a less aggressive way.

I only really post on three music sites. And one if them I've been at for a year and I seriously couldn't personally name more than 3 screen names. I've made an effort to never look at the posters names. So I post 100% there with no bias (good or bad) towards any poster. You don't make any online "friends" but it also removes you from any of the dumb forum drama.

Cheers.