downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

11,250 posts in this topic

I didn't vote. I'm not a moron like WFA. :lol:

I like to think my opinion on the government counts.

I'll give you a pass. You're young. I thought the same dumb shit when I was your age. :lol:

I'll give you a pass. You're young. I thought the same dumb shit when I was your age. :lol:
I think deep down I know it doesn't mean shit but for 5 minutes I was apart of the system.
1 person likes this

You think your opinion on everything matters.

(it doesn't and no one likes you)

Oy, let's not be too much of a dick because someone had a little pride in voting.

GOP wins seat in arkansas.

i voted today and the turnout was pretty high in my area. i vote every election day but i have yet to vote one time where i went to vote because i liked a candidate and was happy to vote, i always do it holding my nose.

Edited by bran

I wonder if Oregon and Alaska will legalize marihuana.

if they have any sense they would.

south dakota goes GOP.

montana goes GOP the seat goes GOP for the first time since 1913

Pretty much all fail (IMO) in Florida. Re-elected the Republican Governor with a checkered past (I was hoping for Crist, a much more moderate candidate) and doesn't look like Medical Marijuana will pass. (They need 60% of the vote to pass the amendment and looks like it's around 57% now). Also looks like mostly Republican wins across the board. Not that I'm against Republicans winning, but I would have liked to have seen a better split.

Edited by Kasanova King

Pretty much all fail (IMO) in Florida. Re-elected the Republican Governor with a checkered past (I was hoping for Crist, a much more moderate candidate) and doesn't look like Medical Marijuana will pass. (They need 60% of the vote to pass the amendment and looks like it's around 57% now). Also looks like mostly Republican wins across the board. Not that I'm against Republicans winning, but I would have liked to see a better split.

i dislike both crist and rick scott, but crist is definitely the more moderate. i voted for both parties but like i said i had to hold my nose to do it.

1 person likes this

GOP holds onto kansas. scott brown not conceding here in NH it is 50%-50% with jean shaheen, he is less than 2,000 votes behind.

GOP takes iowa and will control the senate and house. so obama is the lamest of lame ducks right now.

Obama is officially a lame-duck president. I guess all he has to do now is focus on foreign policy....maybe shoot a few more missiles at ISIS. :lol:

Obama is officially a lame-duck president. I guess all he has to do now is focus on foreign policy....maybe shoot a few more missiles at ISIS. :lol:

yup, 2016 will be very interesting.

Weed is legal in Oregon.

1 person likes this

Weed is legal in Oregon.

it would be legal in my state if the governor would quit vetoing the fucking bill.

Meh, as was expected - a Republican sweep. The governing party almost always loses big during midterms, save for 1998 (as a result of Republican overreaching by impeaching Clinton) and 2002, when 9/11 and the "war on terror" helped Republicans the following year. So not a big deviation from what normally happens.

Have to laugh (I think) at conservative pundit Erik Erickson who tweeted: "Americans just won back control of America." Not sure whether to :rofl-lol: or :vomit: Guess those of you who voted Democrat aren't really American...

If I'm guessing right now, I think this actually bodes well for Democrats in 2016. The Republicans have been the party of no, the party of obstruction. Now they actually have to govern. Will they have anything to show for in two years time? Something tells me that's a likely no. They are a party that claims to hate government, so why would they actually govern?

This makes a lot of sense:

According to exit polling, "nearly 8 in 10 dissaproved of Congress with most agry with Republican leaders in Congress...."

Perhaps an American explain how the party that gets most of the blame for the economy gets re-elected? For all my years having studies American politics, there are still moments when I find myself doing this: :shrugs:

Meh, as was expected - a Republican sweep. The governing party almost always loses big during midterms, save for 1998 (as a result of Republican overreaching by impeaching Clinton) and 2002, when 9/11 and the "war on terror" helped Republicans the following year. So not a big deviation from what normally happens.

Have to laugh (I think) at conservative pundit Erik Erickson who tweeted: "Americans just won back control of America." Not sure whether to :rofl-lol: or :vomit: Guess those of you who voted Democrat aren't really American...

If I'm guessing right now, I think this actually bodes well for Democrats in 2016. The Republicans have been the party of no, the party of obstruction. Now they actually have to govern. Will they have anything to show for in two years time? Something tells me that's a likely no. They are a party that claims to hate government, so why would they actually govern?

the thing is about 2016 the american people just hate having long periods of time with 1 party in control. a lot can happen in two years time in terms of new candidates popping up.

as for that quote it is utterly moronic and just makes you face palm. i voted for both parties today, does that make me half an american? :lol: