downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

11,535 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, downzy said:

Did you read the article?  Much of the allegations were known within certain circles prior to the claims made by the 4chan user. 

Wait, what?

Yes, there were Internet rumors that Obama was a closet homosexual which have as much validity as this Trump memo. Buzzfeed reports and CNN gives oxygen to one story, but not the other. Very troubling.

Edited by Axl owns dexter

1 minute ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Yes, there were Internet rumors that Obama was a closet homosexual which have as much validity as this Trump memo. Buzzfeed reports and CNN gives oxygen to one story, but not the other. Very troubling.

Did the Obama homosexual rumours show up in an intelligence briefing?

29 minutes ago, downzy said:

Did any intelligence briefings from his terms leak to the public?

4 people like this

55 minutes ago, downzy said:

A report put together by opposition to Trump...which they didn't even use, you mean? Fake news is fake news brah. Anyone with a brain can see this is a smear.

Edited by Axl owns dexter
2 people like this

Trump made a speech today. He is giving up all his business holdings to his kids. What I didn't like was that his daughter won't have anything to do with his business because she would be getting her kids settled in DC with new schools.  His daughter's husband is in Trump's cabinet, and his daughter is super smart, so after her kids are in school, why can't she still be involved in his business? I didn't like that comment.

Anyway, Trump admitted that everyone is hacking everyone's computer but our computer people will handle it. He even blamed China for something. Way to get the world to support you.

President Obama made a wonderful speech last night and said he had hope and confidence for America's future. I just hope and pray he's right. I thought talking about Michele and his children was so touching. I realized I will miss him and his family very much.

I wish them luck in the future and hope America has luck too.

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Trump made a speech today. He is giving up all his business holdings to his kids. What I didn't like was that his daughter won't have anything to do with his business because she would be getting her kids settled in DC with new schools.  His daughter's husband is in Trump's cabinet, and his daughter is super smart, so after her kids are in school, why can't she still be involved in his business? I didn't like that comment.

Anyway, Trump admitted that everyone is hacking everyone's computer but our computer people will handle it. He even blamed China for something. Way to get the world to support you.

President Obama made a wonderful speech last night and said he had hope and confidence for America's future. I just hope and pray he's right. I thought talking about Michele and his children was so touching. I realized I will miss him and his family very much.

China is the main suspect in a hack over 20 million accounts with confidential, personally identifiable information a few years ago. We need better cyber security, he admitted it, and is trying to get smart people to work on the problem.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Your President is a full-blown retard but you're upset that there isn't even more nepotism? I do not understand many American's desire to have a President who is like some weird father figure, with a dog in a big white house with his scripted family. It's like a dreadful corny nightmare to me.  

Nevertheless, I also wish you all luck.

33 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Your President is a full-blown retard but you're upset that there isn't even more nepotism? I do not understand many American's desire to have a President who is like some weird father figure, with a dog in a big white house with his scripted family. It's like a dreadful corny nightmare to me.  

Nevertheless, I also wish you all luck.

Why should a president not be a good father and husband???

7 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Why should a president not be a good father and husband???

That's not what I'm saying. All I'm saying is it seems to factor into a lot of American's decision making process too much, while personally, I would rate the need for the President to not be a complete retard a little higher.

Don't know, things like this show what kind of person a man is, and I don't think he's a complete retard. Or do you mean Trump?

6 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Don't know, things like this show what kind of person a man is, and I don't think he's a complete retard. Or do you mean Trump?

Yeah I'm talking about this guy:

@Zurimor Who did you think I was talking about? Also, aside from the fact that Trump clearly is not a good person; none of you know him or his family, just a scripted, deliberate presentation of them so why should the mere fact that they exist mean so much to you?

Edited by Oldest Goat

Personally, it doesn't mean much to me, however it showed a part of Obama's personality. Letting the public get so close to your family isn't a given and he kinda showed that way he wants to be close to the public, too.

I like Obama, he's a really sympathetic guy.

Edited by Zurimor

8 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Personally, it doesn't mean much to me, however it showed a part of Obama's personality. Letting the public get so close to your family isn't a given and he kinda showed that way he wants to be close to the public, too.

I like Obama, he's a really sympathetic guy.

You're definitely much more optimistic than I am :lol:

Like I said though I would be more than happy if I'm proved wrong and things work out for everyone.

23 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Axl Rose is not president elect of the United States. He was telling a story. Personally, I hold the singer of a rock band and the president to different standards, but maybe that's just me...

No, he isn't, but the irony of suggesting that Axl Rose, of all people, take the time out to lecture Donald Trump about what is and is not becoming behaviour, seems to be lost on those that suggest it. People, on this very forum, say that Axl Rose is their hero and that they worship him, yet those same people call Trump's behaviour disgusting. The last time I checked Trump never beat up his fiancee or threatened one with a gun, yet people think that Rose should call out Trump for his bad behaviour? That's like suggesting that DMX calls out Paris Hilton for having her dog in her handbag.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Didn't a guy make a press statement that he smoked crack with Obama and performed fellatio on him, on multiple occasions? The guy then ended up dead in some kind of accident, if I remember correctly. :lol:

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Didn't a guy make a press statement that he smoked crack with Obama and performed fellatio on him, on multiple occasions? The guy then ended up dead in some kind of accident, if I remember correctly. :lol:

Probably suicide. Drowned himself in a trashbag, or shot himself in the back of the head twice.

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

No, he isn't, but the irony of suggesting that Axl Rose, of all people, take the time out to lecture Donald Trump about what is and is not becoming behaviour, seems to be lost on those that suggest it. 1. People, on this very forum, say that Axl Rose is their hero and that they worship him, yet those same people call Trump's behaviour disgusting. 2. The last time I checked Trump never beat up his fiancee or threatened one with a gun, yet people think that Rose should call out Trump for his bad behaviour? That's like suggesting that DMX calls out Paris Hilton for having her dog in her handbag.

1. Straw-man.

2. As @Fitha_whiskey already explained, we are talking about the President of the United States of America, so despite whatever Axl may have done, it's a different standard which should be obvious.

Do you think Martin Scorsese is a racist murderer?

Edited by Oldest Goat

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

No, he isn't, but the irony of suggesting that Axl Rose, of all people, take the time out to lecture Donald Trump about what is and is not becoming behaviour

When did Axl lecture Trump on what is becoming behaviour?  

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yes

Just now, Axl owns dexter said:

Yes

Touche :lol:

54 minutes ago, downzy said:

When did Axl lecture Trump on what is becoming behaviour?  

When did I say that he did? I clearly stated, and I'll quote myself here:

suggesting that Axl Rose, of all people, take the time out to lecture Donald Trump about what is and is not becoming behaviour, seems to be lost on those that suggest it.

People, in this thread, stated that Axl should do a shout out to Trump from the stage, slamming his behaviour. I simply suggested, given Rose's own behaviour, that making such a wish is somewhat laughable. I mean, Rose is a serial woman beater who made at least one woman (allegedly) defecate in a cat tray, so he is the last person who should be calling out others, hence making that person's suggestion a laughable one. Why not suggest that Roman Polanski lectures someone on how to treat a child whilst we're at it.

Edited by PappyTron
1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

1. Straw-man.

2. As @Fitha_whiskey already explained, we are talking about the President of the United States of America, so despite whatever Axl may have done, it's a different standard which should be obvious.

I can't really explain what I have said any other way, or indeed more simplistically, but I shall try. It isn't about what job Trump is about to take, so much as it is about the person that people are suggesting should lecture him.

PS - It's really not a Straw Man in the slightest, it's simply pointing out how easily people will turn a blind eye when it comes to the behaviour of those that they like.

9 hours ago, Axl owns dexter said: