downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

10,910 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Now, I may be a simple Canadian, but last time I checked Wisconsin isn't a border state.

:facepalm:

It's the new geography, Downzy, just go with it. Kind of like when we got potato, potatoe. I never thought they'd find someone stupider than Dan Quayle. I was wrong.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:10 AM, Silent Jay said:

y2Fpk8m.gif

I want him to go there too, and preferably stay :lol: 

Pres. approval:

• White evang 78%
  • White Catholic 53%
  • White mainline 50% 
  • "Nones" 23%
  • Hisp. Catholic 15%
  • Black Prot 12%

I suppose it's not a huge surprise that white people most likely to believe in fairytales are Trump's biggest supporters.

In other news, looks like House GOP members are making another push to replace the ACA.  

A lot of noise over nothing; the bill coming out of the House will either not be allowed a vote in the Senate since it violates parliamentary rules regarding reconciliation legislation (i.e has to be limited to budgetary issues; regulatory reform can't be passed through reconciliation) or won't be voted on at all (since the new AHCA shrinks protections and coverage it loses the support of several Republican moderate senators).  

Also nice to see that the House GOP are willing to strip out ACA protections for everyone else but themselves...

https://www.vox.com/2017/4/25/15429982/gop-exemption-ahca-amendment

"The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on preexisting conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ), who authored this amendment, confirmed this was the case: Members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations."

13 hours ago, downzy said:

Now, I may be a simple Canadian, but last time I checked Wisconsin isn't a border state.

:facepalm:

Shit, now you're the enemy too? :lol:  You better watch your step or you'll be paying for a wall before long.  Or not, as the case may be.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, now you're the enemy too? :lol:  You better watch your step or you'll be paying for a wall before long.  Or not, as the case may be.

With Trump as President, we'd gladly build a wall along our Southern border.  

2 people like this

If his trainwreck administration keeps on going the way it is  he may have to build a wall to keep us Americans from fleeing to Canada................:lol: 

Edited by classicrawker
1 person likes this

Wow! Trump's actual tax reform plan. Note that it fits on a single page. 

C-W2m6jVoAAuvAn.jpg

Has the balls to suggest that they'll eliminate tax breaks that mainly benefit the wealthy but then two lines down wants to eliminate the estate/death tax (a tax that only applies to estates worth over $1 million)...

This "plan" will never see the light of day as law.  

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Has the balls to suggest that they'll eliminate tax breaks that mainly benefit the wealthy but then two lines down wants to eliminate the estate/death tax (a tax that only applies to estates worth over $1 million)...

This "plan" will never see the light of day as law.  

2 lines or 7.5% of the total document.