Fortus says that 2016 will be a big year for GN'R

Well fuck me...

Fortus was finally right about the next year. But there's a chance he won't be part of it. :lol:

I'd rather have 4tus than Clururke though...

*cough cough*

Anyone that's been in GnR over Gilby. Anyone!

Gilby's 'Pawnshop Guitars' is one of the best rock albums of the 90s. Its a shame that his talent is not recognized by some.

Well fuck me...

Fortus was finally right about the next year. But there's a chance he won't be part of it. :lol:

*cough cough*

Anyone that's been in GnR over Gilby. Anyone!

Gilby's 'Pawnshop Guitars' is one of the best rock albums of the 90s. Its a shame that his talent is not recognized by some.

Maybe...but that doesn't make me want to see him back in Guns!

Well fuck me...

*cough cough*

To be fair though, he was never required to play the guitar parts on the clip. He's actually a decent guitar player with a nice Stones vibe. I just never connected with the tunes he wrote. Fortus is a much better guitarist imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

It is clearly just Axl, Slash, Duff. That is GN'R. Whoever drums and plays rhythm guitar is not being marketed as a gnr member - gnr are now a three-piece. As I said earlier (someone removed my post for some odd reason) it is like the Darryl Jones situation with the stones. Upon Wyman leaving, Jones was recruited as a bassist but not as a Stone (even though he does exactly the same job as Wyman) and the band reverted to a four piece. Here, the drummer and second guitarist will be backing musicians. Ironically, if it is Frank and Fortus playing in these shows, then they have been demoted!

• Like 1

It is clearly just Axl, Slash, Duff. That is GN'R. Whoever drums and plays rhythm guitar is not being marketed as a gnr member - gnr are now a three-piece. As I said earlier (someone removed my post for some odd reason) it is like the Darryl Jones situation with the stones. Upon Wyman leaving, Jones was recruited as a bassist but not as a Stone (even though he does exactly the same job as Wyman) and the band reverted to a four piece. Here, the drummer and second guitarist will be backing musicians. Ironically, if it is Frank and Fortus playing in these shows, then they have been demoted!

Yeah, but if you believe Niven, at least Izzy is a part of the writing process in some capacity, and it's likely he'll perform at least once with Guns. Better than nothing for people like you I'd imagine.

Fortus should either shut his mouth or spill the beans...we don't need teasing from him, the 'big guns' are already doing that.

He's been quiet for awhile. This interview/thread is from months ago, well before of slash confirming his friendship with axl

I'm glad side musicians Foruts, Ferrer, Pitman etc. are not being promoted as GNR members. GNR is Axl, Slash and Duff.

Well were they ever really promoted? On the other hand.. I'd still give it time. They still all appear to be members of guns n roses, the reunion is just being marketed around the big 3 like the band always was for the most part

Yeah, but if you believe Niven, at least Izzy is a part of the writing process in some capacity, and it's likely he'll perform at least once with Guns. Better than nothing for people like you I'd imagine.

If Stradlin guests, it will be as he guested in 2006 and 2012. In marketing terms, GN'R are now Axl, Slash and Duff. I was late picking up upon this as I was speculating (as everybody else was) on ''who is going to be the rhythm guitarist and drummer?'', or who should ''be the second guitarist and drummer?'', when really the outcome was staring us all in the face. They have done what The Stones and The Who have done - The Who by the way are just Daltrey and Townsend: reduced the problem by morphing (hitherto important) band roles to backing musicians and condensing the (salvageable) 'icons' into a trio.

PS

I suppose it is quite clever in one sense. Do you think Frank is a wanker? (Yes) Is Frank a GN'R member? (No).

The problem becomes a redundancy.

Edited by DieselDaisy

If Stradlin guests, it will be as he guested in 2006 and 2012. In marketing terms, GN'R are now Axl, Slash and Duff. I was late picking up upon this as I was speculating (as everybody else was) on ''who is going to be the rhythm guitarist and drummer?'', or who should ''be the second guitarist and drummer?'', when really the outcome was staring us all in the face. They have done what The Stones and The Who have done - The Who by the way are just Daltrey and Townsend: reduced the problem by morphing (hitherto important) band roles to backing musicians and condensing the (salvageable) 'icons' into a trio.

The Who died when Moon left this planet. If Izzy guests, and is actually writing tunes, it can improve the material and I think Axl will release more music, so that's relevant imo. It's Axl, Slash, and Duff now like it was in the Illusion days. The other members are a part of the band as well, even if they don't have control.

Edited by Rovim

The Who died with Moon left this planet. If Izzy guests, and is actually writing tune, it can improve the material and I think Axl will release more music, so that's relevant imo. It's Axl, Slash, and Duff now like it was in the Illusion days. The other members are a part of the band as well, even if they don't have control.

I do not agree.

Also, if I am correct here and GN'R are now just Axl, Slash and Duff, you do realise that Dizzy is no longer a member, or at least being marketed as a member? Of course in real terms this affects nothing if he has been reduced to a backing musician, seeing as he was salaried anyway, but it is an interesting development.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Well fuck me...

*cough cough*

Better than any Axl's performance since Rio 2011.

Gilby over anyone who performed during the fake GN'R era.

I'm glad side musicians Foruts, Ferrer, Pitman etc. are not being promoted as GNR members. GNR is Axl, Slash and Duff.

Has always been like that since Gn'R was founded. :)

tracii guns and Izzy

And be sure Dizzy will be thankful to be part of it, regardless of his position, member or hired musician. The guy couldn't afford a table at the RnR Hall of Fame!

How much do you think a keyboard player gets paid anyways?

Slash's facebook page likes Frank Ferrer's facebook page... I don't know why Slash would like that page if Frank wasn't the drummer. Think that's about as official as we're gonna get... well until they hit the stage in April.

I think it's good that Frank and Co aren't advertised as the classic line-up (they aren't classic, but they are long standing embers of GnR) but it's a bit of back peddling on Axls part to now demote them to just being hired hands, which he previously suggested they weren't... calling them a real band. Hmmm!?

Well fuck me...

*cough cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWsM-Jtni5U

Better than any Axl's performance since Rio 2011.

Gilby over anyone who performed during the fake GN'R era.

I'd rather hear 2011 Axl wheezing through songs than hearing that godawful Clarke performance.

Who cares if they got "demoted"...they will get more exposure during this tour than they ever did before and frankly I'm glad for them.

It is just a theory at this stage - I believe we need more evidence - but from what we have thus far, it certainly seems that Guns have reverted to a trio! We'll see...