Reunion Tour - How much would you pay?

A further question is which show of a tour would you want see? Beginning, middle or end?

I can think of pros and cons for all three.

Which one you would like to see and what could be the pros and cons?

Ideally the first show- just because. However Axl has previous form for getting better as the tour goes on, there's always the concern though that the more dates there are the more risk of of cancellations and stuff going pear shaped. Par for the course being a GNR fan I guess.

would fly anywhere in USA and get best tix avail no matter price. i saw the original line up play twice live and NuGNR play 4x live. all great shows.

Axl is always worth the effort - even if he is just singing a phone book - but I never imagined seeing him and Slash on same stage again in my lifetime. would need to be there.

$125 without a new album

$200 of they played 4-5 new songs.

$300 if it was at a club like The Whisky and audience was limited to 250 people.

I'm surprised some of you would pay so much for a show. These guys aren't in their prime anymore. I wouldn't pay extra to see Michael Jordan lace up his Air-Jordan's and play one-on-one vs Larry Bird tomorrow.

Edited by Apollo

It would depend on what kind of seats I had and it would depend on what kind of event it was. Is it a one off? If so then I'd probably be willing to pay $1000 as long as I had decent seats. If it was like a 50 date North American tour or something like that $300 I guess. If it was just Slash replacing DJ then no. Not interested It would have to be a combination of this for me to be interested

Axl

Slash

Duff

Steven / Matt

Izzy / Gilby / Richard (last resort)

Dizzy (could totally do without him as he's useless)

$125 without a new album
$200 of they played 4-5 new songs.
$300 if it was at a club like The Whisky and audience was limited to 250 people.

I'm surprised some of you would pay so much for a show. These guys aren't in their prime anymore. I wouldn't pay extra to see Michael Jordan lace up his Air-Jordan's and play one-on-one vs Larry Bird tomorrow.

You say that but tell me you're not putting up a grand to see them at the Troubadour in a one off show of AFD original lineup . They may not be in their prime but so what. $1000 to see the original band in that setting. You basketball analogy doesn't fit as the musicians in the band are as good if not better today than they were back then. Axl is a question mark however.

I mean shit I paid $300 to see U2 in Montreal at the Bell Centre and just paid $320 to see the Foo Fighters in Calgary at the Saddledome(both shows well worth that price). I'd sure as hell up that price to see GnR reunite and play a club. It's a no brainer.

Edited by Bono

I imagine that won't be an easy ticket. You'll get scalpers, and the price will soar. I don't think it will be about gnr screwing the fans that have waited. A large majority have left but will come back for the reunion. The price will be based on making sure gnr isn't screwed by resale value. So expect a high ticket price.

The good thing is they might do a ppv for one of the shows. Or atleast I'd hope so!

I made a deal with my best mate that if the AFD or UYI lineups (or any kind of mix of those lines ups).. got back together we'd fly to wherever they were and just do it. My wife knows of this arrangement and would understand.. its once in a life-time for me.. so id pay whatever it took (and im not rich)..

Lifes too short to worry about money... It's a bucket-list thing... hopefully they do this and i can tick it off. :)

also.. to the poster who said Axl's voice is gone... did you come straight off youtube?

If you expect Axl to sound like he did at 27 you will always be disappointed but to say his voice is gone is false.

• Like 1

Seems like might have to go up to $500. It's going to sell out unless they play more than one date.

This is why some might push for the classic five. Promoters etc.

But a partial reunion or just Slash and Duff things might not get so crazy. But the classic 5, we're fucked we'll have to kill to get tickets. You might get one but be tempted to sell it for 10k on the night.

Seems like might have to go up to $500. It's going to sell out unless they play more than one date.

This is why some might push for the classic five. Promoters etc.

But a partial reunion or just Slash and Duff things might not get so crazy. But the classic 5, we're fucked we'll have to kill to get tickets. You might get one but be tempted to sell it for 10k on the night.

You really think demand in the US is going to be that crazy?