Reunion Tour - How much would you pay?

£50 - £100. Last time I went, I am pretty sure it was around £40 for a ticket. Considering the talk about doing it for the right reasons, doing it for the fans etc, if they were going to go for a reunion, I would be very disappointed if they charged an insane amount.

I'd pay at least double what I paid to see the band last time.

If they only played London I would book a hotel and stay over for the night.

Living in the countryside, I've had to book a hotel before as well, when going to a GN'R gig. Especially as you never know if they will be on time.

I do hope tickets wouldn't be too expensive, though. As I said on another thread, that would mean that a lot of fans wouldn't be able to afford going to a reunion concert. And that would be a real shame. I know I'd be extremely disappointed if they charged more than I could possibly afford, and I wouldn't wish that upon any other fan. Of course, they would charge something and there would be people who won't be able to afford the regular amount they charge, which is a shame. But the crazier the price, the more fans who would miss out. I think that a reunion tour is a celebration - of the music, of the band, of the fans who have stuck with them through thick and thin, some of them for decades. That makes it something special, and the kind of occasion that should, in my opinion, be as accessible an experience as possible to everyone who wants to take part.

100E if Axl's capable of singing. If it sounds anything like the last few tours I still wouldn't go.

You gotta be kidding. You know he fluctuates from song to song right? Even line to line.

If the unpredictable quality of Axl's voice stopped you going to a guns concert you'd never have seen them on the illusions tour either.

I've heard pretty much every bootleg out there from the UYI tour and know his voice was different every night. And despite his voice sounding rough on plenty of shows, Mickey Mouse was nowhere in sight.

Edited by RNRS

Realistically I say $300.

I've never paid more than $175 for a concert before and you just get into these numbers where its impossible for the shows to justify the price. I've always said for Zeppelin or original GNR I would probably do $300, almost double the price which is still insane but I'd probably do it and the demand would probably insist on it. The only reason I'd ever consider that much is just cause I think they are the biggest band I like that HASN'T reunited that still could and would demand a fortune (knowing Led Zep is essentially never getting back together makes it easier to spend money on a GNR reunion, if that makes sense).

Having said that, I have a friend that lives and breathes GNR. They are/were his absolute favorite and he's the guy I always go see Slash with. If he said he'd pay $500, I probably would too. We saw KISS a few years ago (his first favorite band) and day before the show he said he's gotta pay the top price of $164 instead of the $80 seats we were going for. I could see GNR making him have a similar reaction. But I'd cut it off at $500.

$10,000

Christ... if true that is incredible.

I nearly pulled the trigger a few years ago (with the wife's approval) on a Super Bowl ticket at the Meadowlands for $2500 and backed out because I thought it was unreasonable.

For GNR reuniting for a stadium/arena show I would pay upwards of $500 but only if it came with a guarantee of front row/first few sections in a seated environment or $350 for a GA ticket. With that being said, if the GA ticket was in a club environment, then I would go $500 for that.

Edited by WAR41

Nothing over 100,- for floor tickets. I like Guns, but I'm not willing to pay any more for them that I'd pay for a normal (pricey) concert. I paid roughly 100 for acts like the Stones, Paul McCartney or Leonard Cohen. I'm not paying more for GnR.

• 2 weeks later...