Dizzy Reed - Wikipedia : Fact or Fiction?

He didn't go to the R&R HoF induction because he could only bring one guest and had to buy additional tickets for his family which he couldn't afford at that time. Right.

Well he was asking for donations from people for his daughters college tuition, so well....

I guess the main reason was that he was scared of Axl. Even when he was asked about the re recording of CD, he din't answer it properly.

He didn't go to the R&R HoF induction because he could only bring one guest and had to buy additional tickets for his family which he couldn't afford at that time. Right.

Well he was asking for donations from people for his daughters college tuition, so well....

I guess the main reason was that he was scared of Axl. Even when he was asked about the re recording of CD, he din't answer it properly.

but how can he be unable to pay for these things himself? i mean he has some royalties in the UYI and Chinese sales right? plus after so many years of touring he should easily be a millionaire i mean it's not like he works behind a fucking bar in an old man's café or something... i don't get how he invests his money...?

but how can he be unable to pay for these things himself? i mean he has some royalties in the UYI and Chinese sales right? plus after so many years of touring he should easily be a millionaire i mean it's not like he works behind a fucking bar in an old man's café or something... i don't get how he invests his money...?

Maybe he's made some bad investments, maybe he's got more expenses than what most people have.

While its too easy to hate him, but the estranged piano solo is so spiritual that its the soundtrack to my life... it is the piano bit that runs through my veins and makes me close my eyes.

I can totaly relate to what you said, but Dizzy has nothing to do with that piano solo, he just plays live what Axl wrote

Maybe he's made some bad investments, maybe he's got more expenses than what most people have.

Or maybe his contract as an employee of GNR doesn't pay him as well as we on the outside would presume that it does? Look, this is a business, and Dizzy is an employee. I don't know what his contract looks like, but it's pretty clear from everything about him that life isn't a financial cake walk for him in between tours.

Or maybe his contract as an employee of GNR doesn't pay him as well as we on the outside would presume that it does? Look, this is a business, and Dizzy is an employee. I don't know what his contract looks like, but it's pretty clear from everything about him that life isn't a financial cake walk for him in between tours.
Yeah based on his clothes lol :P but seriously the rest of the band dont seem to have any problem fairing well so i don't understand it, maybe a very expensive home? Or maybe he has to pay for the dead daisies, partly? Equipment, travel costs hotels? I don't know could be hè invests in it out of his own pocket?

Yeah based on his clothes lol :P but seriously the rest of the band dont seem to have any problem fairing well so i don't understand it, maybe a very expensive home? Or maybe he has to pay for the dead daisies, partly? Equipment, travel costs hotels? I don't know could be hè invests in it out of his own pocket?

They don't necessarily all have the same contract. I would think that Dizzy, as Axl's oldest collaborator, would be on at least as good of a deal as the others, but he also had the least bargaining power (Stinson, Fortus, Bumble, and Ashba all had pretty reliable non-GNR careers besides playing in cover bands). It's all speculation to talk about Dizzy's money without knowing facts.

While its too easy to hate him, but the estranged piano solo is so spiritual that its the soundtrack to my life... it is the piano bit that runs through my veins and makes me close my eyes.

I can totaly relate to what you said, but Dizzy has nothing to do with that piano solo, he just plays live what Axl wrote

Wow. That broke my heart. So is this an established fact? That piano solo wasnt even his?!

So what was his contribution that was proven to be his.. during the journey of gnr?

Wow. That broke my heart. So is this an established fact? That piano solo wasnt even his?!

So what was his contribution that was proven to be his.. during the journey of gnr?

I'm pretty sure Dizwald's primary contribution has been sticking to Axl like shit to a blanket and making sure to do whatever he has to do to not get fired...shit like fix the drinks, fetch the slippers, bring the newspaper yadadadada.

• Like 3

You seriously didn't know that? If Axl is the writer of a song - He's the pianist on it.

Dizzy is useless except in a live setting, and even then for songs that actually require his input. No I don't need churchy organs on bloody Rocket Queen.

You seriously didn't know that? If Axl is the writer of a song - He's the pianist on it.

Dizzy is useless except in a live setting, and even then for songs that actually require his input. No I don't need churchy organs on bloody Rocket Queen.

Well... the 'writers' list of the songs in rock n roll have never been explicitly mentioned ever on any cd. I guess to split royalties equally etc. Sometimes even those are wrong and an artist files a lawsuit and says that my theremin playing wasnt mentioned.

For ex: Matt Sorum I guess played drums for most songs and I assume that he was the best drummer out of all the GNR members. So even if someone told him to play it like this this this, even then he wouldve taken it to a new level and deserves songwriting credit.