Sebastian on Strombo - Best Story Ever *Axl / David Lee Roth story*

Not sure if this video has circulated before (2012) I used to watch this show by Canadian CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos which featured a segment called Best Story Ever where guests would divulge fun little stories, some more interesting than others. Anyways the guest here is none other than Sebastian Bach who talks about a story involving Axl & David Lee Roth...remember him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRvRY-uX9Y

Not sure if this video has circulated before (2012) I used to watch this show by Canadian CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos which featured a segment called Best Story Ever where guests would divulge fun little stories, some more interesting than others. Anyways the guest here is none other than Sebastian Bach who talks about a story involving Axl & David Lee Roth...remember him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRvRY-uX9Y

that was nice!

B

Story outline for those behind the iron curtain.

Sure thing! Rick Rubin puts Sebastian and Axl into David Lee Roth's car...and they drive to the Rainbow on Sunset. Dave's getting 'jacked' on Jack Daniels (shot after shot). All of a sudden Dave turns around and goes "boom" (I guess with the bottle or drink glass). Dave "Looks like I got a couple pretenders to my throne right here I said I said I said I said aaaahhh"...Sebastian "and Axl looks at me and he goes what did he just fucking say?" Axl goes to Dave "I'm not a pretender to your throne, I'm not pretending to no throne, I don't pretend to be nothing, I'm not on your throne". Sebastian "The next day I got a letter from DLR, a hand-written fax saying Sebastian, what you heard last night was my pride in rock n' roll, and Jack Daniels and I love rock n' roll it's my life and when I hear you sing it reminds me when I first got into rock" and so Sebastian says he called Axl to tell him about the letter and Axl goes "He sent me one too" So DLR basically wrote them both very heart-felt letters saying they weren't pretending to his throne or whatever and then Sebastian ends it by saying "Well I kinda was pretending to his throne" and slaps his knee and laughs in his very boisterous Sebastian way. It sounds like a better story when he tells it.

B

Story outline for those behind the iron curtain.

Sure thing! Rick Rubin puts Sebastian and Axl into David Lee Roth's car...and they drive to the Rainbow on Sunset. Dave's getting 'jacked' on Jack Daniels (shot after shot). All of a sudden Dave turns around and goes "boom" (I guess with the bottle or drink glass). Dave "Looks like I got a couple pretenders to my throne right here I said I said I said I said aaaahhh"...Sebastian "and Axl looks at me and he goes what did he just fucking say?" Axl goes to Dave "I'm not a pretender to your throne, I'm not pretending to no throne, I don't pretend to be nothing, I'm not on your throne". Sebastian "The next day I got a letter from DLR, a hand-written fax saying Sebastian, what you heard last night was my pride in rock n' roll, and Jack Daniels and I love rock n' roll it's my life and when I hear you sing it reminds me when I first got into rock" and so Sebastian says he called Axl to tell him about the letter and Axl goes "He sent me one too" So DLR basically wrote them both very heart-felt letters saying they weren't pretending to his throne or whatever and then Sebastian ends it by saying "Well I kinda was pretending to his throne" and slaps his knee and laughs in his very boisterous Sebastian way. It sounds like a better story when he tells it.
Thanks. Dave actually seems lame there for the first time ever. I can imagine Bach telling the story too. He told one about Axl being late and his excuse was he was "taking a shower"

I think Dave said he and Axl lived in the same apartment in the late 80s, Doug Goldstein also worked for Dave a few years prior to Axl. People who know Dave say when he doesn't have "Diamond Dave" turned on, he's pretty nice and easy to get along with. He's always been a competitive frontman, but he's always had a good ear for great musicians and most of them liked working with him. When he did the short lived radio gig, they never gave him enough time to develop the show, and it was right after Howard Stern left. He used to be on Stern all the time but when Howard asked Valerie if she thought Dave was gay, he hasn't been back on since (there were bisexual rumors).