the annual vmas speculation

cuneo77

Would be cool if any incarnation of gnr surprised us but given the current state of the band it's probably the most unlikely it's been since 2002.

I really hope that GnR is on the VMAs again at some point though. As bad as wttj and PC was, Madagascar was awesome.

Edited by liers

God I hope not. With crazy Mylie hosting this show, it's going to be a disaster.

I don't even know why MTV still has music awards. when do they play any videos?

I think MTV shouldn't be called a music channel anymore. It was so unique when it first came on the air, not it sucks.

I do like the show Scream. It's as good as the movies were.

I can't think of a lamer place for them to play. MTV just isn't what it used to be.

Agreed. It used to stand for Music Video channel. Now it's just horrible. sometimes I forget I even have that channel.

the only reason anyone will watch it is to see how crazy Mylie is going to get. It she came out naked, I don't think anyone would give a shit.

I saw an article about the 92 VMA's yesterday bc that was the year Mylie was born...not a single mention of GNR, despite them winning the Vanguard award and getting the final performance.

I think it was more about fashion but still. Nirvana was in it, howard stern, f'n kris Kross, but no Gn'R.

Kinda made me mad

Maybe a few years ago the VMAs were a good place to do big announcements but now? not so much.

I think people of all ages would appreciate a reunited GnR. Anyone else remember when the stone roses got back together? how many people did you know before then that actually knew anything about that band? a handful, after the big announcement everyone wanted to go see them (not sure if the buzz went outside Europe, but in Europe they were huge for that summer).

ANYWAY! GnR are a much, MUCH! bigger band than the Stone Roses, they have hits which have never left the radio in 25+ years and have iconic members like Slash and Axl that people of all ages know and gravitate to, regardless of being 50+ people would lose their shit if they showed up. Same thing happened when VH turned up to the VMAs with DLR that time (an ill-fated reunion attempt).

I think if GnR are to reform, they should do a press conference like Sabbaths album / tour announcement in 2011.

Maybe a few years ago the VMAs were a good place to do big announcements but now? not so much.

I think people of all ages would appreciate a reunited GnR. Anyone else remember when the stone roses got back together? how many people did you know before then that actually knew anything about that band? a handful, after the big announcement everyone wanted to go see them (not sure if the buzz went outside Europe, but in Europe they were huge for that summer).

ANYWAY! GnR are a much, MUCH! bigger band than the Stone Roses, they have hits which have never left the radio in 25+ years and have iconic members like Slash and Axl that people of all ages know and gravitate to, regardless of being 50+ people would lose their shit if they showed up. Same thing happened when VH turned up to the VMAs with DLR that time (an ill-fated reunion attempt).

I think if GnR are to reform, they should do a press conference like Sabbaths album / tour announcement in 2011.

VH doing the VMAs was a huge mistake.

VH doing the VMAs was a huge mistake.

VH are possibly the only other band as messed up as GnR... probably more so! Incredible band though. And yes, big mistake... the other mistake was falling out with Hagar when he's the only guy (besides cherone) that can actually still sing.

I don't know, Tom. I'm a moderator on a British student forum, and you'd be surprised at the amount of kids there who cannot name a single GN'R song, and who don't know who Axl and Slash are. I have actually introduced some of them to classics like November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen etc. Then you get comments like November Rain and Estranged last for too long, and the videos are weird, and what's he wearing... Some thought Rocket Queen has a nice energy, but it's just not like KPop and JPop and Bieber and One Direction. Oddly enough, the song they seem to appreciate the most is This I Love.

Of course, it's not the case for all of them. Some do know GN'R, or at least the well-know songs. But for some of the students who do know the band, Axl is a joke, and they get a kick out of linking those really awful pics of him when he was very fat.

As much as I agree with most of what has been posted here… I'd like to see them re-claim the VMA's.

It would also be a cool way to let the world know what is to come… and to let the world see the first public performance in real time opposed to having to read about it or check out youtube videos the next day.

They should take back what theirs!

It's been too long since we've had our asses kicked properly!

As much as I agree with most of what has been posted here… I'd like to see them re-claim the VMA's.

It would also be a cool way to let the world know what is to come… and to let the world see the first public performance in real time opposed to having to read about it or check out youtube videos the next day.

They should take back what theirs!

It's been too long since we've had our asses kicked properly!

They gave away the best rock video award on the pre-show, they aren't giving the rock genre more time than they need to

Round two begins now

GNR performing would be the only reason I would watch this suck show, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

MTV is all about red neck tv shows and hip hop and pop singers. Yuck!

Catfish is entertaining enough to watch. Love how stupid people can be