the annual vmas speculation

cuneo77

Miley dropped a random, free album at the end of it all.

Kanye should have done the same though and destroyed the world.

Axl could have done it in 2002 before anyone ever did it to be cool.

I was praying Kanye was going to end that speech with something like "I'm dropping my album tonight", but hey, I'll take a presidential run instead.

Maybe a few years ago the VMAs were a good place to do big announcements but now? not so much.

I think people of all ages would appreciate a reunited GnR. Anyone else remember when the stone roses got back together? how many people did you know before then that actually knew anything about that band? a handful, after the big announcement everyone wanted to go see them (not sure if the buzz went outside Europe, but in Europe they were huge for that summer).

ANYWAY! GnR are a much, MUCH! bigger band than the Stone Roses, they have hits which have never left the radio in 25+ years and have iconic members like Slash and Axl that people of all ages know and gravitate to, regardless of being 50+ people would lose their shit if they showed up. Same thing happened when VH turned up to the VMAs with DLR that time (an ill-fated reunion attempt).

I think if GnR are to reform, they should do a press conference like Sabbaths album / tour announcement in 2011.

I don't know, Tom. I'm a moderator on a British student forum, and you'd be surprised at the amount of kids there who cannot name a single GN'R song, and who don't know who Axl and Slash are. I have actually introduced some of them to classics like November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen etc. Then you get comments like November Rain and Estranged last for too long, and the videos are weird, and what's he wearing... Some thought Rocket Queen has a nice energy, but it's just not like KPop and JPop and Bieber and One Direction. Oddly enough, the song they seem to appreciate the most is This I Love.

Of course, it's not the case for all of them. Some do know GN'R, or at least the well-know songs. But for some of the students who do know the band, Axl is a joke, and they get a kick out of linking those really awful pics of him when he was very fat.

you are feeding the wrong songs to them

give them sweet child o mine

The entertainment's become kind of predictable.

Some of the sketches were funny but nothing memorable.

Nicki wasn't doing a playful "bitch" at Miley, she was pissed off at her.

Her dad sported a GNR t-shirt in the sleepover sketch. I don't know if that would have won a bet that GNR were going to show up at the VMAs.

Kanye channeled his inner Henry Rollins.

Rebel Wilson dropped the f-bomb by way of t-shirt.

Wayne from Flaming Lips at the end of the show, Miley says something like "do you think they know who you are" to him.

Man, this generation is gonna grow up to be retarted. Look at this junk. It's a freak show. WTF is this shit? It's trash TV.

EDIT: Just watched Kanye's speech and Myley Cyrus's clip. Fuck. This is the worst shit ever. Worse than Justin Bieber's Baby, worst than Backstreet Boys, worse than Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne. What the fuck is happening?

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 1

Maybe a few years ago the VMAs were a good place to do big announcements but now? not so much.

I think people of all ages would appreciate a reunited GnR. Anyone else remember when the stone roses got back together? how many people did you know before then that actually knew anything about that band? a handful, after the big announcement everyone wanted to go see them (not sure if the buzz went outside Europe, but in Europe they were huge for that summer).

ANYWAY! GnR are a much, MUCH! bigger band than the Stone Roses, they have hits which have never left the radio in 25+ years and have iconic members like Slash and Axl that people of all ages know and gravitate to, regardless of being 50+ people would lose their shit if they showed up. Same thing happened when VH turned up to the VMAs with DLR that time (an ill-fated reunion attempt).

I think if GnR are to reform, they should do a press conference like Sabbaths album / tour announcement in 2011.

I don't know, Tom. I'm a moderator on a British student forum, and you'd be surprised at the amount of kids there who cannot name a single GN'R song, and who don't know who Axl and Slash are. I have actually introduced some of them to classics like November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen etc. Then you get comments like November Rain and Estranged last for too long, and the videos are weird, and what's he wearing... Some thought Rocket Queen has a nice energy, but it's just not like KPop and JPop and Bieber and One Direction. Oddly enough, the song they seem to appreciate the most is This I Love.

Of course, it's not the case for all of them. Some do know GN'R, or at least the well-know songs. But for some of the students who do know the band, Axl is a joke, and they get a kick out of linking those really awful pics of him when he was very fat.

I know that now a lot of younger people wouldn't be that aware of who GnR are as of right now (bar rock fans), but my point was more to do with the hoopla a reunion would start. Worldwide media would be talking about them all the time, and let's face it most music listeners these days are trend followers, they follow what's trending and what's be shoved down their throats, they don't go back and watch old films from 10, 20 or 30 yrs ago and same goes for music, unless something happens like a song being used in a season finale for Glee or some other horse shit.

• Like 1

A little reminder...

https://youtu.be/bzNXfsJRijg

Of what exactly? That Freddie was a legendary and honored vocalist, and that Kanye was having some fun singing an incredibly popular song in no attempt whatsoever to emulate or channel Freddie?

I don't get why people are hopping on to this. I get the Kanye can be unlikeable as a public figure, but comparing him to Freddie is completely absurd. They made completely different kinds of music and they have very different talents. Ye' was just having some fun, I thought it was a cool moment that he shared with the crowd.

I don't really get why it's so cool for people to bash on Nicki, Miley, Bieber, or Kanye. They're not really all that bad. I guess Bieber I can understand because he's a notorious asshole, who is consistently rude and abusive, but the others I just really don't get.

• Like 1

Cuz its kinda like Bono (i find him a decent equivalent to Kanye, no talent, big name, self involved, makes shit music that certain people with hearing difficulties consider cutting edge) comin' onstage and spittin' the first verse to Tupacs Hail Mary, whether or not he was having fun people would take the piss out of it :lol:

Its OK to diss Bieber and Miley Cyrus because they are mongoloid brats devoid of wit or discernible value. I literally want to see Miley Cyrus get shot, she is about the most irritating human being ever born...and I've only ever seen her in newspapers.

And Biebers just a hooray for tolerance!. Honestly though, i think if Freddie was alive he'd make songs with Kanye West.

Edited by Len B'stard

A little reminder...

Of what exactly? That Freddie was a legendary and honored vocalist, and that Kanye was having some fun singing an incredibly popular song in no attempt whatsoever to emulate or channel Freddie?

I don't get why people are hopping on to this. I get the Kanye can be unlikeable as a public figure, but comparing him to Freddie is completely absurd. They made completely different kinds of music and they have very different talents. Ye' was just having some fun, I thought it was a cool moment that he shared with the crowd.

I don't really get why it's so cool for people to bash on Nicki, Miley, Bieber, or Kanye. They're not really all that bad. I guess Bieber I can understand because he's a notorious asshole, who is consistently rude and abusive, but the others I just really don't get.

Kanye West can't sing to save his life. End of. Stop ranting pointlessely.

A little reminder...

Shit, didn't know Kanye wasn't a singer. Thanks for enlightening me! Maybe you could now point me to real rock n roll music?

A little reminder...

Shit, didn't know Kanye wasn't a singer. Thanks for enlightening me! Maybe you could now point me to real rock n roll music?
I was answering his question, what are you talking about exactly?

Cuz its kinda like Bono (i find him a decent equivalent to Kanye, no talent, big name, self involved, makes shit music that certain people with hearing difficulties consider cutting edge) comin' onstage and spittin' the first verse to Tupacs Hail Mary, whether or not he was having fun people would take the piss out of it :lol:

Don't even play around like that.

• Like 2