Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

The parts concerning GNR have been posted by jarmo:

Tommy Stinson: Replacements run was 'special' but it's time to move on

The Replacements and GNR bassist is ready to leave his old band (or bands?) behind for a new solo venture.

By Chris Riemenschneider Star Tribune

September 2, 2015 11:41am

Since hes more interested in talking about his new band coming to the Turf Club next Saturday, Tommy Stinson offered these short answers to the two most-heard questions about the old bands he is probably leaving behind:

1) Ask Axl.

2) Ask Pauls T-shirts.

At this point, they probably have their own [publicists], the veteran bassist joked of his Replacements bandmate Paul Westerbergs letter-encoded white Ts.

Decoding Axl Rose is a whole other matter.

Now 48, Tommy has been playing bass with Rose in Guns N Roses since 1998. However, even before rumors started flying a few weeks ago about the late-80s lineup of GNR getting back together, he said his status in the group was up in the air. His last GNR gig was April 2014 in Las Vegas.

I reach out once in a while to that crew of people a lot of whom are also my good friends but I really have no idea whats going on, he said, clarifying at least this much: I didnt quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in Vegas.

A postscript, if needed, on his stint in Guns N Roses: Ill be honest with you: [Axl Rose] was always very good to me, and it was always a really good gig. It wasnt necessarily the easiest gig, but it was always good. I have nothing but gratitude for it. If they got [the modern lineup] together again and wanted me to play, of course Id have to think about it.

full article: http://www.startribune.com/tommy-stinson-replacements-run-was-special-but-it-s-time-to-move-on/323903361/

Edited by My Name is Trinity
  • Like 2

I assume all the members are now not legally contracted to Axl's band like how some people said it before. I assume Fortus and Frank still want to be in the "band" thats why they say "201_ will be a big year" or "the band is moving forward".

Well best of luck to Stinson for his future endeavors if THEY din't bring up the "modern lineup" again.

Everyone who is pulling for/expecting a reunion. Slash's schedule is pretty much set for the next two years, slash2baz posted a pretty reliable summary of Slash's plans. I suppose they could change, but I don't think a reunion is a easy as everyone is assuming it would be to put together. Duff does stuff too, I don't know what, but he does stuff.

Everyone who is pulling for/expecting a reunion. Slash's schedule is pretty much set for the next two years, slash2baz posted a pretty reliable summary of Slash's plans. I suppose they could change, but I don't think a reunion is a easy as everyone is assuming it would be to put together. Duff does stuff too, I don't know what, but he does stuff.

Forget Slash and reunion for a minute. What about NuGN´R and CDII?

Maybe, just maybe axl will release this supposed to be next album in 2016? And close the Whole New GN'R chapter from then on and maybe reünite with Duff and Slash when they are finished with their shit and Frank and Richard will tour with them? Who knows... I mean what else could be a big year for gnr as Richard says, with 3 members including tommy gone? That can only be a New album and a reunion tour is not possible due to slash's schedule so??? Idk Let me hear if you have other SERIOUS suggestions about what a big year could mean at this point?

Edited by GNRmello77

Yeah Duff does stuff. Like sucking his own DONGUS!

As for Slash, I know he was busy before this new album came out but isn't he winding down in activity around this point. Last I heard, dates were scheduled up until the end of this year. And maybe some rumblings of more dates early next year, but I thought he was more focused on a new album rather than more touring. I think you're right that its not as easy as everyone thinks, but isn't this exactly when Slash would be least busy? Were he to have a new album coming out, I'd say we've got another 2 years before he gets on board. But I feel like its possible he could slip right into this, with his new album tour essentially done by next spring and Myles going back to Alter Bridge for what I would assume is the rest of next year, etc. Its a much better time to discuss reunion NOW, as opposed to in 2017 when Slash would most likely have a new album coming out again and starting up that whole cycle.

"I reach out once in a while to that crew of people a lot of whom are also my good friends but I really have no idea whats going on, he said, clarifying at least this much: I didnt quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in Vegas."

That's right. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

• Like 1

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this line-up.

Neither do I, but if you have Slash and Duff back, it seems overwhelmingly stupid to keep Pitman who adds nothing and to have Frank in over Adler or Sorum, who at least between them or Matt alone could get the job done more than capably. Your lineup is fine, but I just don't see why the drummer(s) wouldn't return if Slash or Duff came back, or frankly why Pitman would get a pass to stick around when they got along fine with all the sounds and keyboards without him on the Illusions tour.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 2