Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

If Tommy is out or doesn't hear back by Axl, I wish him well. 18 years service, maybe we'll hear a song or two he wrote from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

Service? This isn't the Military. He did a job and was paid (presumably) well. Absolutely nobody outside of these boards will care if Tommy leaves. Axl may as well sack Pitman,Frank and Fortus. I guess Fortus should stick around if Izzy/Gilby won't take the gig. We know Izzy might not want it but why would Gilby say no?

• Like 2

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this line-up.

I get the feeling this is the plan. I'd be up for it, with some guest appearances from Izzy. Axl seems to want avoid Adler because of Adler's mum, not Adler himself, can't blame him after how she screwed over the author for Adler's book.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

I get the feeling this is the plan. I'd be up for it, with some guest appearances from Izzy. Axl seems to want avoid Adler because of Adler's mum, not Adler himself, can't blame him after how she screwed over the author for Adler's book.

If that's the case I really don't see Axl letting Frank move forward. I don't mind Frank, but he's said (or hinted) before that it's just a gig for him. I think Sorum is a more likely possibility (based on a few interviews where there seemed to be no animosity with Matt anymore).

Edited by BangoSkank

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

I'd be all against Pitman being part of it. Doesn't fit in with a Slash / Duff sound at all. If I had my way I'd ditch Dizzy too.

I'm OK with Fortus, but only if Izzy is in no way available/willing.

Frank... I'd take him over Sorum, but I love the old Adler groove.

• Like 1

Everyone who is pulling for/expecting a reunion. Slash's schedule is pretty much set for the next two years, slash2baz posted a pretty reliable summary of Slash's plans. I suppose they could change, but I don't think a reunion is a easy as everyone is assuming it would be to put together. Duff does stuff too, I don't know what, but he does stuff.

The money will make all of that easy to cancel... Peanuts to GnR Reunion money, dont kid yourself...

So Dj and Bumbefoot left suddenly, now Tommy doesn't know what's going on! I just can't imagine Axl envisioned this 3 years ago when he did that Eddie Trunk interview with DJ proudly by his side talking about how he was happy with the line-up, same with Kimmel. There was no sign that this was the end of the band last year.

It's been 7 years since the last album, I think it's time Axl explained why there's no new album and no band now. I understand him not knowing what's happening with band, label or if this is a limbo situation for Axl or whatever but when you have no new album for 7 years and all the current members suddenly leaving, after a 20 year wait for the last album, it's getting ridiculous. I like all fans here really wanted to hear nugnr music, CD II, Axl solo type stuff but this ship has sailed now-it's getting stupid! He might as well get back with original gnr members coz he sure as hell isn't working on or releasing any music so what's the point? either release music by 2016 or don't at all. He's a singer/musician who doesn't release music. Love Axl when I saw him in concert but I just don't know any band in the world that doesn't write and release music together or give updates about it online.

The General out of the band?

If that's the case, the only ones left are Axl, Dizzy, Frank, Fortus and Pitman

(it sounds more like Team Brazil gave everyone in the band a "we'll call you if we need you" notice after Vegas)

I once heard (from someone on this board) that there was a sort of "agreement" within the band - where if either Ron, Tommy or Richard left, the other two would walk too. Maybe there was some truth to it.

Fortus still seems to be in, though, and he seemed more friendly with Ashba than Ron. I remember somebody posted a video of a GNR after-party where Tommy was the only one asking where Ron was, so I guess they were at least friendly with each other.

But people are delussional for talking about and speculating on a possible reunion :lol:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Matt / Steven...................../ Frank(I highly doubt it)

Dizzy

One of those combinations. That's it. The end. That's all you need. Fuck Pitman.

• Like 3

What's happening to the MOST STABLE LINEUP ever? It's all falling apart! I don't want to see The General masterpiece being played by a nobody like Duff, I want legendary bassist Tommy Stuson! Oh, by the way, this is not news, there were clues all over the place about Tommy leaving. I didn't announce it before out of respect for Tommy and my very legit source I can't name. I'm on the music business so I am a legit insider.

My guess is Chris Snakepitman is next to announce his departure.

True. My source told me about this six months ago as well. I made a couple posts about it back then, all very vague ones, but I think they were pretty obvious. One was in the sports section when I said the Dodgers needed a veteran presence in their bullpen. And another when I said I didn't like Nicklebacks last album. Oh, and another where I mentioned taking the boat out to our cabin to spend the weekend.

I could tell you what is in store for 2016, especially since I often hang out with the band. But out of respect to Axl and my friends within the band I am keeping the info secret for now. But once the news is officially announced I will come on here and confirm that I already knew it.

• Like 3

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

COOL!

If Izzy doesn't will want to join the reunion, I would accept perfectly Fortus instead Gilby. Fortus is better guitar player than Gilby. As guitar player, Fortus is more complete. But, oh nooooo, Frank Ferrer no! The sound of a pans's drums is more beautiful than his drums.

Edited by Andy Vianna