Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

I must be the only one that hated Matt's solos. He seemed all over the place. He's great for a groove but it's not like he was all that great.

This is probably the worst drum solo (by a professional) that I've ever heard.

Agreed. I always believed it was close to unanimously agreed Sorum's drum solo represented the worst of GN'R.

• Like 1

From HTGTH

September 13th, 2015

What's up with GN'R? You've been in Guns N' Roses for what 15 years?

Tommy Stinson: 17 years. Ya know, I, the back story on that I don't really want to talk about on air. What happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff. It had more to do with my personal situation. Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could. While Replacement's things were kinda being offered up. And, I you know, I sort of, I don't know. I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that. Cause we've all left, we've left on friendly terms it not like a bad thing. Another guitar player DJ Ashba I think he "officially" quit to do something but ya know I just, ya know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff, whatever my stuff is.

17 years later, boom. It was a very good gig for me I nothing bad to say.

I know there's been speculation going on in the press the last few day that Axl and Slash may be trying to mend fences.

Tommy Stinson: I'll be perfectly honest with you man, I hope they do because ya know, when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you've gone on and done all these other things ya know. There is a reward that comes with that I had that with the Mats stuff...it's a good thing, it's a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for them. If that actually happens.

Full audio of interview here @31:00: http://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2015/09/13/tommy-stinson-performs-in-the-current-studios

I must be the only one that hated Matt's solos. He seemed all over the place. He's great for a groove but it's not like he was all that great.

This is probably the worst drum solo (by a professional) that I've ever heard.

Agreed. I always believed it was close to unanimously agreed Sorum's drum solo represented the worst of GN'R.

Shit gets better when Duff plays the bass and Slash joins them on the talkbox. The three of them together sound fantastic.

From HTGTH

September 13th, 2015

Tommy Stinson: 17 years. Ya know, I, the back story on that I don't really want to talk about on air. What happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff. It had more to do with my personal situation. Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could. While Replacement's things were kinda being offered up. And, I you know, I sort of, I don't know. I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that. Cause we've all left, we've left on friendly terms it not like a bad thing. Another guitar player DJ Ashba I think he "officially" quit to do something but ya know I just, ya know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff, whatever my stuff is.

I know there's been speculation going on in the press the last few day that Axl and Slash may be trying to mend fences.

Tommy Stinson: I'll be perfectly honest with you man, I hope they do because ya know, when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you've gone on and done all these other things ya know. There is a reward that comes with that I had that with the Mats stuff...it's a good thing, it's a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for them. If that actually happens.

Full audio of interview here @31:00: http://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2015/09/13/tommy-stinson-performs-in-the-current-studios

These god daimn band mates of Axl can talk half an hour without saying anything :lol:

From HTGTH

September 13th, 2015

Well there ya go, that is him directly saying he left. Sources now would be himself :)

Edited by gunsguy

I really dont get it. Leaving reunion speculation aside, why does Dizzy Reed keep talking about CD2 and how great it will be and blah blah blah?

Is Axl planning to release CD2 in a "finish what i started" sense and then reunite the old band?

Has this been Axl's idea since July of 2014? That would explain the "leaving in good terms" part. And lets not forget about the gifts Axl send to everybody.

My question is: does Dizzy know that nuGNR is falling apart, or are they going to release CD2 with a lineup to support it?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

I really dont get it. Leaving reunion speculation aside, why Dizzy Reed keeps talking about CD2 and how great it will be and blah blah blah?

Is Axl planning to release CD2 in a "finish what i started" sense and then reunite the old band?

Has this been Axl's idea since July of 2014? That would explain the "leaving in good terms" part. And lets not forget about the gifts Axl send to everybody.

My question is: does Dizzy know that nuGNR is falling apart, or are they going to release CD2 with a lineup to support it?

My guess is that Dizzy knows CD2 is done. Till last year, everyone was saying that a new album is sooner than later.

It seems logical to release that stuff, Pitman was working in the studio with Axl.

Slash is working on a new album for a new world tour with the Conspirators.

Edited by Russel Nash

I really dont get it. Leaving reunion speculation aside, why Dizzy Reed keeps talking about CD2 and how great it will be and blah blah blah?

My guess is that Dizzy knows CD2 is done. Till last year, everyone was saying that a new album is sooner than later.

It seems logical to release that stuff, Pitman was working in the studio with Axl.

And then what? Do you think Axl will create a 4th lineup to tour CD2? I dont know man, for me it sounds like reunion or bust at this point.

What we only know is that Axl is not planning to retire anytime soon. And that, atleast for me, are good news.

The rest of the year will be really interesting if Fernando didnt lie and tells us something in the next months...

Also, we know that Pitman was with Axl the day he uploaded that video on Twitter (the fire and the plane and that)

Edited by GNRfanMILO

And then what? Do you think Axl will create a 4th lineup to tour CD2? I dont know man, for me it sounds like reunion or bust at this point.

What we only know is that Axl is not planning to retire anytime soon. And that, atleast for me, are good news.

The rest of the year will be really interesting if Fernando didnt lie and tells us something in the next months...

Also, we know that Pitman was with Axl the day he uploaded that video on Twitter (the fire and the plane and that)

It's all about live gigs at this point. I think Axl can get away with a 4th lineup.

Sure, if Slash and Duff are on board it would be more exiting. But one thing i learned from being a GNR fan for decades:

Axl doesn't follow the rules.

If you think something is on that way cos is more logical, you are going to get lost. Expect the unexpected.

• Like 1