Steven Adler

He has no idea if it's gonna happen, but he's glad Axl and Slash reached out.

"I can't sing. I'm just screaming. I don't know what the Hell is going on. I can't even speak English." - funniest quote of the interview

Edited by G-Money

Sad to say but Adler is nowhere near up to the task of doing a reunion tour. His playing never recovered from the drug abuse.

Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-zhqtKQ2Y

I clicked that with low expectations ended up watching the whole thing (not the whole podcast just him playing) and loved it. Adlers a fuking legend man, if he is not part of a gnr reunion I'll be sad.

• Like 1

Steven is fucking awesome and the true GN'R drummer ( to the average fan,though Matt is up there as well since he was in for the UYI era) despite what some kids on here might say. I hope he gets the chance to shine in GN'R one more time. This tour (if it happens) will make hundreds of millions of dollars. I think they can afford an on the road sober coach for Adler. Addiction is a lifelong disease but here's hoping Steven can overcome it. I don't get those who feel the need to bash Adler and make drug/stroke "jokes" .

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

Sad to say but Adler is nowhere near up to the task of doing a reunion tour. His playing never recovered from the drug abuse.

Really?

I clicked that with low expectations ended up watching the whole thing (not the whole podcast just him playing) and loved it. Adlers a fuking legend man, if he is not part of a gnr reunion I'll be sad.

I just watched that all the way through (also with low expectations) and was pleasantly surprised. Every vid I've seen of him in recent years has been pretty rough, sometimes horrible. He seems a lot more together here, and I hope he keeps it up . . . but I will not be shocked if he's absent from any potential reunion shows.

Adler's never been able to do a real successful project in the 25 years he's been out of the band. He's never been invited to play with another group. Even Slash and Duff have not invited him to drum in their projects more than an intermittent one-song cameo here and there. THAT is very telling IMHO. I think there would probably be some serious questions as to his ability to do any sort of reunion, and I agree with those who have said that he and his handlers bring a lot of uneeded drama and baggage.

Having said that, if there were a reunion and they didn't invite him to do *something* I actually do think the guy would off himself. So I don't know what they would do.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

Adler's never been able to do a real successful project in the 25 years he's been out of the band. He's never been invited to play with another group. Even Slash and Duff have not invited him to drum in their projects more than an intermittent one-song cameo here and there. THAT is very telling IMHO. I think there would probably be some serious questions as to his ability to do any sort of reunion, and I agree with those who have said that he and his handlers bring a lot of uneeded drama and baggage.

Having said that, if there were a reunion and they didn't invite him to do *something* I actually do think the guy would off himself. So I don't know what they would do.

Not exactly. If there is a "cameo" here and there then still it means they invited Adler. About successful project, the one really successful was Contraband. All their solo albums do good but they never reach the level of VR. So VR aside they are all pretty much on the same boat

Not exactly. If there is a "cameo" here and there then still it means they invited Adler. About successful project, the one really successful was Contraband. All their solo albums do good but they never reach the level of VR. So VR aside they are all pretty much on the same boat

You're kidding, right?

1. There's a hell of a difference between someone saying "hey, come and jam with me for a night in the studio" and saying "hey, please sign a contract to be in my band, tour with me," etc. Nobody -- not Duff, not Slash, not Izzy, not any other musicians -- has been willing to commit to having Steven in their band or on their stage as a regular player. That speaks volumes. That's basically saying "we won't work with you."

2. No, Steven and the other members are not in the same boat. Duff and Slash are both worth millions of dollars, have made countless investments, and have been working professionals with their various bands and solo projects. Their solo projects have done well. No, it's not at AfD level, but that's a very high bar for anyone to reach. They're both vastly respected in the music industry. Duff wrote two books on his own, without a ghost writer, and has been a professional writer for various columns. If Slash or Duff never played or performed onstage again, they'd be set for life and would have a lot of other interests to keep them going.

Steven on the other hand? His activities over the past 25 years seem to have focused on getting high and drunk, ditching his vanity band in Europe without any money to get home; appearing on reality shows -- where he was drunk and high again -- screwing over his book's ghostwriter, blaming mean old Axl for his life's troubles, and pleading shamelessly in the press for a reunion. No, they are not in the same boat, or on the same level. Not by a long shot.

Edited by stella

You're kidding, right?

1. There's a hell of a difference between someone saying "hey, come and jam with me for a night in the studio" and saying "hey, please sign a contract to be in my band, tour with me," etc. Nobody -- not Duff, not Slash, not Izzy, not any other musicians -- has been willing to commit to having Steven in their band or on their stage as a regular player. That speaks volumes. That's basically saying "we won't work with you."

2. No, Steven and the other members are not in the same boat. Duff and Slash are both worth millions of dollars, have made countless investments, and have been working professionals with their various bands and solo projects. Their solo projects have done well. No, it's not at AfD level, but that's a very high bar for anyone to reach. They're both vastly respected in the music industry. Duff wrote two books on his own, without a ghost writer, and has been a professional writer for various columns. If Slash or Duff never played or performed onstage again, they'd be set for life and would have a lot of other interests to keep them going.

Steven on the other hand? His activities over the past 25 years seem to have focused on getting high and drunk, ditching his vanity band in Europe without any money to get home; appearing on reality shows -- where he was drunk and high again -- screwing over his book's ghostwriter, blaming mean old Axl for his life's troubles, and pleading shamelessly in the press for a reunion. No, they are not in the same boat, or on the same level. Not by a long shot.

No, I´m not kidding. Slash, Duff, Izzy don´t sell millions of albums nor they perform infront of 20k + audience unless it´s a festival. All of them got ghost witers or at least help from other people. They didn´t write their book only on their own. As for drugs/alcohol abussed, in the early 90s Slash and Duff were not that different from Adler. Duff almost die because of his pancreas and Slash almost die because of his heart.

They all have blamed Axl for different things like being 3 hours late, riots and threat them to sign the name over. And rightfully so! Adler is not alone

During the HOF ceremony Adler did the job with Slash and Duff infront of a big audience. I don´t see why he can´t do it again. And Adler is also feature in the 2010 special edition of Slash album. Heck! in 20 years and despite everything Adler has managed to make more albums than Axl

Yes, Adler has screwed up many times and he has acted unprofessional and inmature. That doesn´t mean the guy should be stigmatized

its sickening how people who probably were not even born when AXL, IZZY, SLASH DUFF AND STEVEN ruled the world come here and talk so much crap

WHAT?

SAD TO SAY YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

I SAW STEVEN ADLER 10 FEET AWAY FROM ME PERFORMING LIVE A COUPLE YEARS AGO

AND HE WAS JUST SO FUCKING GOOD

I saw with my own eyes, I was there, he was terrific

AND HE WAS SMILING THE WHOLE SHOW

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

who cares about that douche Adler ?

We all know that majority of fans will be fine with Slash, Duff and Axl. I doubt Izzy will do massive tour maybe cameo here or there. Just add Ferrer and Fortus and it's fine.

WHAT?

how old are you?

you have no idea of what you are talking about huahauhuhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauha

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

Adler did played with another band without being a solo project - after he "left" GN'R he joined forces with Davy Vain (from Vain) to reform Road Crew and recorded several tracks, latter released by Vain.

Altough not technically brilliant, Adler's great - he has a distinctive and recognizable druming. If you hear to the UYI demos with him they sound great - search youtube for the Locomotive demo, as soon as you hear it you know it's Adler. He has that cool distinctive snare/cymbals/hi-hat patterns that you easely recognize, that's greatness to me.

Also it's funny how he plays with limited technique, raising his elbows all the time,... still he sounds unique, true talent.

One day I was driving and on the radio some song started playing. I had no idea who the band was, who the members were, I just tought that the druming sounded great and just like Steven Adler. After the song was done the announcer said it was Vain - Get Up. Latter I searched for it and found out that it was Adler on drums, true story.

Adler's the GN'R drumer. Unfortunatelly I don't think he's reliable enough to be considered for anything serious, I wouldn't take him on the road, only for studio recording. Still no one could properly fill his shoes for the GN'R drum sound.

Edited by Klay