Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

36 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

yeah, more like since 1974, he is  a hit and miss, with a few exceptions :lol: 

and fuck CD in a Black Sabbath thread

Well yeah, Ozzy has always had a bit of the old hit and miss but it's just flat out not true saying his voice was blown out in the 70's and 80's- plenty of evidence suggests otherwise.

You won't see any argument from me that he is all but woeful these days (the past decade or more?) but even in the late 90's he was still hitting the mark live.

On 2/12/2016 at 11:07 PM, bacardimayne said:

Anyone listen to the outtakes from "The End" EP? Are they any good?

Well first of all, I would rate 13 as a 4 or 5 out of 10, and 70's/Ozzy Sabbath has been one of my say 3 favourite bands for like 25 years now.

IMO, the bonus tracks (Pariah, Methademic etc) were all of considerably lesser quality than the album tracks, and these 4 "new" ones off the EP are an even further step down to my ears.

I mean, I thought Ozzy was just singing the same song or two over and over on the 13 tracks- hearing the stuff left off you (well, me) can't (couldn't) help but hear how Ozzy's got nothing left in the tank.

• Like 1

There's quality bits in there as there always is with Iommi playing guitar (and especially the Iommi/Butler combo) but yeah I dunno, none of the stuff they've done (including the reunion tracks) has really seemed like that  Black Sabbath to me- it's more like a formulaic meld of solo Ozzy and 80's+ Sabbath/Iommi.

They (well, Ozzy) always said they'd never do another album if it didn't live up to the legacy of the original stuff, I sort of wish they hadn't.

Bill is the most musically creative out of them these days IMO- I find his stuff way more in the spirit of the classic Black Sabbath than most everything all the other guys have done.

18 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

There's quality bits in there as there always is with Iommi playing guitar (and especially the Iommi/Butler combo) but yeah I dunno, none of the stuff they've done (including the reunion tracks) has really seemed like that  Black Sabbath to me- it's more like a formulaic meld of solo Ozzy and 80's+ Sabbath/Iommi.

They (well, Ozzy) always said they'd never do another album if it didn't live up to the legacy of the original stuff, I sort of wish they hadn't.

Bill is the most musically creative out of them these days IMO- I find his stuff way more in the spirit of the classic Black Sabbath than most everything all the other guys have done.

I lol'd

Bacardi don't listen to the outtakes, because you already make up your mind about these songs...

I thought some of the bonus tracks ar better than the regular album cuts. The live versions are shit, though

Edited by Strange Broue