Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

So stoked they're doing the full version of Under The Sun. They better keep it in until after Hamilton!

Great song but damn Ozzy is out of key and singing down a step from the instrumentals in that Chicago video..........did not realize how much he is struggling now with the old material......still worth seeing them just to hear Iommi play those classic riffs

• Like 1

the last riff is only about 5 or so years old. iommi knows how to right riffs, but when you have a producer as lazy and crazy as rick rubin who only wants you to "sound like sabbath" you are going to get generic stuff. sabbath was always organic and their sound was ever changing, plus you kind of how to work with what you have in terms of vocals, ozzy cant really do anything but the really slow doomy stuff since his range and his voice are completely shot to hell.

Come on man you are blaming the wrong person by blaming Rubin...he did not write the music he is only the producer...these guys are not rookies to the business so IMHO they are responsible for the music that gets released. If anything I would blame them for being lazy not Rubin...I am sure if Tony had brought killer riffs to the studio, like the 2 you posted, Rubin would have worked with them to fit Ozzy and to put them out........... :shrugs:

Don't know if I agree Sabbath was always evolving....I am a big fan but Iommi has been writing the same heavy riffs his whole career. IMHO you could take just about any of there songs and they would fit any of their albums. Don;t get me wrong it is great stuff but they remind me a little like AC/DC in that there career was basically one long album..........Sure they had a little more variety on their albums than AC/DC but they never seemed to stray from their basic formula........

I am with you on Ozzy's vocals though. Iommi is already tuned down a step to begin with so don't know if he could go much lower to accommodate Ozzy's limited range these days.........After hearing some of the clips from recent shows I think they made the right decision to hang it up after this tour as Black Sabbath...

Edited by classicrawker

lol classicrawker you just become a Sabbath hater for your old days?

shame

Iommi writing the same old heavy riffs?

really?

yeah, after all, he plays lead guitar so he is like every other lead player in the world, writing riffs and solos... all the same to me!!!11one!!!

The songs are mediocre but they are fit to every Black Sabbath albums? :lol:

Basic formula? like what? guitars, drums, bass and vocals? other than these, EVERY Sabbath record is different from EVERY ERA

Ozzy's live voice is shit since the 80's, (even before that) so it's nothing new...

Iommi starts t downtuning since 2012, you should hear some 2013 shows, Ozzy was god awful there, he is somewhat decent on these Chicago dates

let's face it: we all go to Sabbath shows because of the nostalgia and great guitar playing these days, not because of Ozzy's voice or "go crazy" antics....

They just know this and that is why they just play the classics

you start to become senile

Btw a new album can happen after next years of touring....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbaths-ozzy-osbourne-geezer-butler-talk-bittersweet-finale-20160120

well, Geezer didn't particularly want to do another album."

"I was just being logical," the bassist says with a laugh. "At the time, we were given six months to write and record an album and I said, 'There's absolutely no way we can do it in six months.'" He laughs. "Then they came up with, 'Well, you can do a blues album,' you know, just eight 12-bar blues songs and that's it. It's like, 'No. This is Black Sabbath. It's not the Earth blues band anymore.' It was ridiculous."

"Time ain't on our side," Osbourne says. "By the time we'd have written and recorded another album, it would have been another three years. … I'm not saying I'll never record with Tony or Geezer again, but I don't think I want to go touring again with Black Sabbath after this."

Butler, too, says, "There's nothing stopping us from doing another album after the tour." In fact, it would be good by his estimate because there would be no rush.

"We just couldn't possibly spend three years in the studio and then do a final tour," he says. Then he adds dryly, "We'll probably all be dead by then."

Edited by Strange Broue

lol classicrawker you just become a Sabbath hater for your old days?

shame

Iommi writing the same old heavy riffs?

really?

yeah, after all, he plays lead guitar so he is like every other lead player in the world, writing riffs and solos... all the same to me!!!11one!!!

The songs are mediocre but they are fit to every Black Sabbath albums? :lol:

Basic formula? like what? guitars, drums, bass and vocals? other than these, EVERY Sabbath record is different from EVERY ERA

Ozzy's live voice is shit since the 80's, (even before that) so it's nothing new...

Iommi starts t downtuning since 2012, you should hear some 2013 shows, Ozzy was god awful there, he is somewhat decent on these Chicago dates

let's face it: we all go to Sabbath shows because of the nostalgia and great guitar playing these days, not because of Ozzy's voice or "go crazy" antics....

They just know this and that is why they just play the classics

you start to become senile

Btw a new album can happen after next years of touring....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbaths-ozzy-osbourne-geezer-butler-talk-bittersweet-finale-20160120

well, Geezer didn't particularly want to do another album."

"I was just being logical," the bassist says with a laugh. "At the time, we were given six months to write and record an album and I said, 'There's absolutely no way we can do it in six months.'" He laughs. "Then they came up with, 'Well, you can do a blues album,' you know, just eight 12-bar blues songs and that's it. It's like, 'No. This is Black Sabbath. It's not the Earth blues band anymore.' It was ridiculous."

"Time ain't on our side," Osbourne says. "By the time we'd have written and recorded another album, it would have been another three years. … I'm not saying I'll never record with Tony or Geezer again, but I don't think I want to go touring again with Black Sabbath after this."

Butler, too, says, "There's nothing stopping us from doing another album after the tour." In fact, it would be good by his estimate because there would be no rush.

"We just couldn't possibly spend three years in the studio and then do a final tour," he says. Then he adds dryly, "We'll probably all be dead by then."

So I am a hater because I am speaking reality?

I am not attacking the current Black Sabbath as I would still go see a show just to see Iommi play but IMHO the new songs are not their best work and Ozzy is really struggling to sing the old songs based on the youtube videos. I have plenty of 70 era Sabbath bootlegs and even then he could have issues at times but the recent tours he is out of tune and singing in a key lower than the rest of the band. It sounds like bad Karaoke.

Regarding my comments on Tony's song writing style I was responding to Bran's comment that Sabbath was constantly evolving which I am not sure is true. Iommi writes heavy riffs and always has. Not much experimentation in his music IMHO. Reminds me of AC/DC where you could literally put all the albums on shuffle play and would have no idea which album the songs were off of due to consistent style of the music

You obviously don't understand what I mean by the songs being able to be used on any of their albums. It has nothing to do with the quality as there are filler songs on every Ozzy era album. It means the songs are basically the same style of heavy metal. IMHO you could take any of the BS songs with Ozzy singing and put them on any Ozzy era BS album and they would not be out of place.

Imagine if you took a ChiDem song and put it on AFD. Stylistically it would stick out like a sore thumb. IMHO it is not the same with Ozzy Sabbath. Most any song on any Ozzy era album could fit on any of the albums.

I don't say as a bad thing just an observation.

I happen to like some of the "13" album but just don't think the new songs are very memorable. Not terrible but on an old album they would be considered filler IMHO.

Listen I don't think any of the Stones post 89 albums are anything special and I think Keef Richards is really struggling with his playing the past tour. That does not make me a hater as I still love the Stones and went to a couple of dozen of Stones concerts the past 16 years so it is JMO... if you like the new BS songs and think they are something special too each his own............don't take it so personal mate.......... :lol:

• Like 1

"sabotage... what the fuck" "play something...." :lol: that guy is alright by me. seems to be a forgotten album, and to me its ozzy at his pinnacle, the guys vocals on that album are fucking amazing.

under the sun... that fucking riff and i absolutely love the outro to the song.

Edited by bran
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2016 at 8:20 AM, Powerage5 said:

Saw Amorphis open for Maiden when they played Helsinki in 2013. I thought they were dreadful.

really? i saw them some years back(2008?) and they were fantastic.love all their albums

Edited by bran