Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

New songs are pretty meh.

yeah they are. season of the dead has a cool riff at least. i thought cry all night was the best song(still mediocre), it sounds like an ozzy song though IMO

Edited by bran

Just listened to the new EP

I can see why these songs weren't released on the regular album, but Seasons of the Dead and Take Me Home (with a spanish guitar solo) is better than most of the deluxe edition tracks

Isolated Man is a bit generic, but the vocal effect are nice,, Cry All Night is just another version of God is Dead with a much better solo and different lyrics and end with the same effects as Dear Father, probably they would put this one out as the last track on the regular album, but they changed their minds....

The Live tracks are mostly faux studio vocals and some minor guitar overdubs, nothing interesting (at first i accidentaly downloaded a "fake " live version with some shitty youtube rips of the live songs so i heard the real vocals, they are horrible but the guitars sounded much better :lol:)

I will try and chase down a copy on my show, though

Edited by Strange Broue

Not terrible but I agree very generic stuff...... I guess Tony Iommi finally ran out of riffs................. :shrugs:

I don't think so... the riffs here are not generic, song structures are maybe generic for your taste

Compared to Iommi's classic riffs of the 70's Ozzy and 80's Dio albums they sound rather generic to me.....certainly nothing memorable about them like Paranoid, War Pigs, Sweetleaf, Wheels of Confusion, Snowblind, Hole in the Wall, Neon Nights, Heaven and Hell, Sign of the Southern Cross, etc. etc...........JMO.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8B4BdAs0h4

Edited by classicrawker

13 was Sabbath trying too hard to be early Sabbath. Didn't sound right to me. It's like they tried to create a 21st century version of specific songs like Black Sabbath, Planet Caravan, NIB, etc... It wasn't natural to me. Then you get Ozzy's talking voice and that production, it didn't really get to me. The bonus tracks were pretty bad so... I expected this to be shit. It's actually better than I expected. But still, this is worse than the worst of Ozzy era-BS's originals.

Well, blame Rick Rubin and age

:shrugs:

it's hilarious that you people want them to come out with another masterpiece in their late 60's

not expecting anything to be honest.......so should we say the new songs are great because of their age? just calling it as I see it...mediocre is mediocre no matter how old the artist is............ :shrugs: .

• Like 1

trust me iommi hasnt run out of riffs

the devil you know had riffs on top of riffs

the last riff is only about 5 or so years old. iommi knows how to right riffs, but when you have a producer as lazy and crazy as rick rubin who only wants you to "sound like sabbath" you are going to get generic stuff. sabbath was always organic and their sound was ever changing, plus you kind of how to work with what you have in terms of vocals, ozzy cant really do anything but the really slow doomy stuff since his range and his voice are completely shot to hell.

Well, blame Rick Rubin and age

:shrugs:

it's hilarious that you people want them to come out with another masterpiece in their late 60's

Other bands manage to come out with masterpieces in their 60's, why should Sabbath be judged differently? :shrugs:

sabbath just did it in 2009.....

• Like 2

Thanks, bran! :lol:

Here's some Chicago videos, Ozzy was MUCH better than Omaha

After Forever (he is on key and ON tempo, performance is actually enjoyable, imho, i would prefer this recording instead of what we've got on The End EP)

Under The Sun FULL performance with the outro solo for the first time in 15 years...

Hand of Doom (on some parts, he sounds like he was in his heydays)

I think this is the best what we can get from Ozzy in this last round

and i re listened the 4 new tracks, i would easily prefer these songs over Loner Live Forever or Dear Father or even God is Dead

Edited by Strange Broue