If it wasn't for the makeup, KISS would be nothing today.

ShadowOfTheWave

Kiss is something today?

yeah, a nostalgia act like GNR, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones etc etc.

Rock is dead for Pitchfork media people i guess that is why you're asking this question, because you don't have an opinion on your own

Fuck off with that. My not liking Kiss has nothing to do with Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, MTV or any other music review outlet. It has everything to do with me simply hearing their music, seeing their shit gimmick and coming to my own conclusion that they're a trash band for trash people.

Secondly, rock is not dead, not even for hipsters. Shit­rock is dead. There's a major difference.

Hmm i guess your fuck off is right and magisme's fuck off was wrong

I've reported your post just for curiosity and nothing happened

Nice

On topic: what you are calling rock music is actually pop rock music

s.h.i.t.r.o.c.k. was the real rock

If you are talking about post-rock, prog rock etc. then we would have an argument i guess

Btw for example Kanye West has a shit gimmick and he is a horrible human being, how come you don't see that?

So your argument is invalid (as always)

p. s.: congrats for the mod/amdin team to apply "Nobody puts baby in a corner is/" word fitler for s.h.i.t.r.o.c.k. but don't have time to deal with obvious violation of the rules

Edited by Strange Broue

So basically, your argument is that rock died when all of the bands like Crüe and Poison died out?

:lol:

And yeah, I am going to tell you to fuck off when you come in here and act like I'm parroting all of my opinions from a website I've visited maybe 5 times.

And finally, yes, I do notice Kanye's shit gimmick and personality. I just like his music.

Edited by bacardimayne

So basically, your argument is that rock died when all of the bands like Crüe and Poison died out?

And yeah, I am going to tell you to fuck off when you come in here and act like I'm parroting all of my opinions from a website I've visited maybe 5 times.

And finally, yes, I do notice Kanye's shit gimmick and personality. I just like his music.

1. Nope, that was not my argument

2. According to the magisme incident, telling other poster to fuck off here is violating the rules and the mods will not tolerate it anymore. This is clearly not the case for some people

3. Your opinion stricly goes forward with pitchfork and other hipster sites. This is clear than day

4. Good for you, i guess :shrugs: I do like Black Skinhead, that's a dope tune

People bitch that KISS is just a brand now, but it always was. Kiss became famous for their live show, and their makeup. It's their image that's sustained their popularity for decades, not their fucking music. Do you really think "Rock N Roll All Nite" and "Beth" would be considered all time classics today if they were recorded by the average looking rock band?

And yes, I realize their popularity lasted throughout the 80s without makeup, because they already had a successful name, built off their image. If they looked in 1974 like they did in 1983, they would be nothing today.

Say what you want about Kiss, but they have dozens of good songs

some of them are really good

Yes. Dozens of good songs. Just as much album filler though.

I say this as a Kiss fan. Their live show I saw in 2009 was awesome. But I feel if their shows and image at the start of their career weren't what they were (and I guess are today) they wouldn't be anywhere near as huge as they are today.

KISS has amazing hits, you can't deny they're iles ahead of bands like Motley Crue, Skid Row, Poison, and other shit like that. Their make-up generated the buzz they needed to get attention, and the icon status, especially for Gene. They were able to become a brand and get more money than bands that sold a lot mlre albums than them. But you cannot deny that even without the make up, KISS has the catalogue to back themselves up very easily, perhaps they wouldn't be half the band they are today, but they would certainly be big. And I don't see their makeups as gimmicks, as something that you shouldn't respect. It was a genius marketing move, it was taking Alice Cooper's concept to the next level and they were awesome at it.

2. According to the magisme incident, telling other poster to fuck off here is violating the rules and the mods will not tolerate it anymore. This is clearly not the case for some people

3. Your opinion stricly goes forward with pitchfork and other hipster sites. This is clear than day

So when did "the real rock" die? Did those mean grunge bands kill it in the 90s? :lol:

Rock is alive and well today, and not just in shit poprock bands like Nickelback and Three Days Grace. There are plenty of quality acts producing great material in the genre.

If you'd rather just keep yelling about Pitchfork and hipsters rather than replying in any meaningful way, go ahead. We both know I've never spent more than 5 minutes on that god-awful website or anything like it. If anyone who calls me a hipster actually saw my music library it'd be hilarious. Pretty much everything I listen to is mainstream and easily accessible. The only "hipster" quality I possess is a disdain for a few subgenres/styles of rock and pop music.

And as for my not being banned (or suspended, or warned, or even PMed) for telling you to fuck off, it's probably because you're not Fernando and anyone who reads the post can understand why I'd tell you to fuck off. Or no, the mods clearly favor me despite the fact that I'm admittedly one of the most toxic people on this fucking board. :lol:

People bitch that KISS is just a brand now, but it always was. Kiss became famous for their live show, and their makeup. It's their image that's sustained their popularity for decades, not their fucking music. Do you really think "Rock N Roll All Nite" and "Beth" would be considered all time classics today if they were recorded by the average looking rock band?

And yes, I realize their popularity lasted throughout the 80s without makeup, because they already had a successful name, built off their image. If they looked in 1974 like they did in 1983, they would be nothing today.

Say what you want about Kiss, but they have dozens of good songs

some of them are really good

Yes. Dozens of good songs. Just as much album filler though.

I say this as a Kiss fan. Their live show I saw in 2009 was awesome. But I feel if their shows and image at the start of their career weren't what they were (and I guess are today) they wouldn't be anywhere near as huge as they are today.

you are probably right

But, like Cosmo said,

KISS has amazing hits, you can't deny they're iles ahead of bands like Motley Crue, Skid Row, Poison, and other shit like that. Their make-up generated the buzz they needed to get attention, and the icon status, especially for Gene. They were able to become a brand and get more money than bands that sold a lot mlre albums than them. But you cannot deny that even without the make up, KISS has the catalogue to back themselves up very easily (...)

Did Mags get banned or something?

Kiss is something today?

yeah, a nostalgia act like GNR, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones etc etc.

Rock is dead for Pitchfork media people i guess that is why you're asking this question, because you don't have an opinion on your own

Fuck off with that. My not liking Kiss has nothing to do with Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, MTV or any other music review outlet. It has everything to do with me simply hearing their music, seeing their shit gimmick and coming to my own conclusion that they're a trash band for trash people.

Secondly, rock is not dead, not even for hipsters. Shit­rock is dead. There's a major difference

Am I trash if I look Kiss? =(

I like Kiss, but they are a guilty pleasure. I have fun getting drunk at their shows, listening to them, etc. I recognize how silly they are, though.

Their die hards can be scary

Case in point-

Kiss is something today?

Secondly, rock is not dead, not even for hipsters. Shit­rock is dead. There's a major difference.

Nice

If you are talking about post-rock, prog rock etc. then we would have an argument i guess

Btw for example Kanye West has a shit gimmick and he is a horrible human being, how come you don't see that?

p. s.: congrats for the mod/amdin team to apply "Nobody puts baby in a corner is/" word fitler for s.h.i.t.r.o.c.k. but don't have time to deal with obvious violation of the rules

Dude, you reported him for telling you to Fuck Off?

Get some thicker skin, man lol

Jesus...

Kiss is something today?

Nice

Dude, you reported him for telling you to Fuck Off?

Get some thicker skin, man lol

Jesus...

Fuck off ZoSo you cunt :lol:

That might be true, without make up or a certain look or show bands might not make it. There's a lot bands that dwindled away because they couldn't get it together.

Like Y&T, why arent they huge? They just missed out on airing a video once and it was gone.

Kiss realised they needed something to get noticed and had this Kiss army thing. A club vibe. And they work those fans. Good business sense.

That might be true, without make up or a certain look or show bands might not make it. There's a lot of bands that dwindled away because they couldn't get it together.

Like Y&T, why arent they huge? They just missed out on airing a video once and it was gone.

Kiss realised they needed something to get noticed and had this Kiss army thing. A club vibe. And they work those fans. Good business sense.

If you look at what was coming out of NYC in the early 70s, there wasn't much, even though new scenes were starting to form.

KISS Army was started by a couple of fans calling themselves that when they called radio stations requesting the music, but you already had The Beatles and a few others having a fan club or at least a newsletter.