Izzy Stradlin-117° AND Ju Ju Hounds Getting Vinyl Release

Is this the same label that just put out the Ritz show on vinyl?

I'll probably pick this up too.

No, different label. They're a really good label though. They have pressed a lot of albums for the first time on vinyl and they also reissue a lit of hard to find albums too.

I have 15-20 of their pressings and they all sound excellent so I'm expecting the same here.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same company that did 117 is now doing the Ju Ju Hounds album:

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/izzy-stradlin/ju-ju-hounds#.Vk8cfPmrSM8

I've never heard either but I'll probably pick these up eventually.

That is cool, the company who makes/releases these Vinyl's, do they have to take permission from Izzy/The Artist or the Record company?

Same company that did 117 is now doing the Ju Ju Hounds album:

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/izzy-stradlin/ju-ju-hounds#.Vk8cfPmrSM8

I've never heard either but I'll probably pick these up eventually.

That is cool, the company who makes/releases these Vinyl's, do they have to take permission from Izzy/The Artist or the Record company?

Yeah, absolutely. They have to get the rights for the reissue from whomever holds them currently.

I own several of their pressings and their generally excellent. Some in the vinyl community question their sources for the pressings. They're accused of not always using the master tapes, but they do always make every effort to track them down first. I don't have any problem with any of their reccords that I've heard though.

Speaking of Ju Ju Hounds...does anyone know why this album is not available on iTunes? Most (if not all) of Izzy's other albums are there, but not Ju Ju Hounds. I bought the Ju Ju album on vinyl when it first came out in '92. Still have the album, but don't currently have anything to play it on. It is by far my favorite Izzy album.

Edited by foghat43