What if there's a song in CD about Slash?

I remain convinced that The Blues is about Slash and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

For all the feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else? Doesnt sound like stuff youd write about another dude?

But I know what you mean on "how you left yourself behind" but I guess it's Seymour, she left her real self to go marry a billionaire.

But it does kind of also fit as about the band getting back on the street of dreams.

SOD, TWAT, Prostitute seem like the Seymour trilogy, with Better the recovery song.

But maybe they are all composites.

Sorry is about Slash. One of the worst songs I've ever heard. Pathetic effort from Axl.

Sorry is about you my friend and other GNR fans that bash Axl

Pretty much.

There maybe a line about shut up and sing that is Slash ref? I have no source again.

Basically get in the ring 2.

Edited by wasted

I never thought all the love I was lookin' for
Could ever be so close to me
But you're the only one
I have ever loved that has ever loved me
And now you've got the best of me

= Hello Slash my friend. You are the only one that I have ever loved and you were so close to me that I became blinded by your light. I also acknowledge that you loved me. But our love was so strong that it dived us apart and I am too stiff to let it go, so you truly got the best of me. The best as in I will never be thought of as just W Axl Rose or Axel Roses, I will be thought of Axl and Slash - the dynamic duo and forever people will want us to love each other publicly again. But I at this time love you - Slash - only in the privacy of my basement, where I secretly blast out the material we did together and privately think to myself - oh dear why did I let you get the best of me and oh man this DJ Ashba is horrific. But you know then it struck me, DJ Ashba left the band, Bumble-bee-man left the band, Tommy General Stinson left the band. I am not even sure who is in the band, but I know I have openings. "We're hiring" sing is hanging on my humble door. And I wonder - in my basement - could we be over it and could be love each other in the public lime light again... But then just then Paul Huge Tobias and Fernando Lebanon conference call me to inform me of what Ash - your brother, Slash - said about me. He said that I was a fat bastard. You and your family got the best of me. I feel bitter again, here in my basement. Another day then. There was a time...if the world, would be different, I would not feel so scraped and prostituted. Sorry.

• Like 1

Sorry is about Slash. One of the worst songs I've ever heard. Pathetic effort from Axl.

Crucify the dead was just as pathetic too :lol:

As a teenager, I would have creamed my pants at the thought of Ozzy and Slash doing a song together (that wasn't I Ain't No Nice Guy)...gee whiz what a fucking turd of a song Crucify The Dead is.

And I'd have loved for Slash to do a track that stuck it to Axl/am not a nutswinger.

• Like 1

Am I the only person who really likes this song? It doesn't sound like pre-93 Guns but people wouldn't be shocked if you told them it was guns - chorus is epic, sounds great live.

If the world - now if theres a song on CD that needed to be relagated to B-Side status, its that.

Am I the only person who really likes this song? It doesn't sound like pre-93 Guns but people wouldn't be shocked if you told them it was guns - chorus is epic, sounds great live.

If the world - now if theres a song on CD that needed to be relagated to B-Side status, its that.

I like Sorry. Great work from Buckethead. Edited by Free Bird

I remain convinced that The Blues is about Slash and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

For all the feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else? Doesnt sound like stuff youd write about another dude?

Yes. If you take it in context with the rest of the lyrics in the song, yes.

Yes. If you take it in context with the rest of the lyrics in the song, yes.

I think it's true that that line is the one chick lyric and maybe could sort of be about saving his emotions/lyrics for Slash or something.

A lot of the other stuff could be about the loss of the orginal band but Axl's determination to keep on.

Madagascar is like that too really.

Maybe thats why Duff played Chi dem, Better, TIL and Catcher not SOD?

Edited by wasted

Crucify the dead was just as pathetic too :lol:

As a teenager, I would have creamed my pants at the thought of Ozzy and Slash doing a song together (that wasn't I Ain't No Nice Guy)...gee whiz what a fucking turd of a song Crucify The Dead is.

And I'd have loved for Slash to do a track that stuck it to Axl/am not a nutswinger.

Haha I never knew there was so much hate for Crucify the Dead. I love that song!

I've always really liked sorry, I think it's one of the best in CD. I've never really understood the dislike it recieves, unless you do think it's about slash so you don't like it for that reason. But in its own I think it's a very strong track.

Bucket does Pink Floyd with Axl on top. What's not to like? and holy fuck the drums in the outro. Favorite part is Bucket's solo. Least favorite part: Axl's horridly childish lyrics that are not about Slash.

I've always really liked sorry, I think it's one of the best in CD. I've never really understood the dislike it recieves, unless you do think it's about slash so you don't like it for that reason. But in its own I think it's a very strong track.

Bucket does Pink Floyd with Axl on top. What's not to like? and holy fuck the drums in the outro. Favorite part is Bucket's solo. Least favorite part: Axl's horridly childish lyrics that are not about Slash.

Like the drumming in the studio but love Frank's additions live.

I think that some lines in most of the songs could be directed against Slash, but then again, that's how Axl writes his lyrics, in a way that you could relate them in most cases. I guess that's why I liked CD so much.
For instance, I think that the outro of SOD screams Slash:

"What this means to me is more than I know you belive

what I thought of you know, has caused more than it should for me

what I thought was true befor were lies I couldn't see

what I thought was beautiful, is only memories".

And Sorry, obviously, is a solid candidate, where for me, Axl describes how he percieved the breaking of GN'R.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Madagascar! Even the title of the song tells a lot how Axl felt. Madagascar, once a part of the mainland, but broke lose, and drifted so far away, no longer a part of the mainland.

Edited by - antem
  • Like 2

Like the drumming in the studio but love Frank's additions live.

Josh came up with it, Brain recorded, Frank played live. 3 drummers made it happen.

Personally, I feel Brain's Sorry drum outro is the strongest drumoment on Chinese. I saw Frank play it live in 2012. Not a fan, but he did it justice in his limited way you know.

Sorry is about Slash. How can anyone not see that?

Which is funny, because Sorry is the best song of ChiDem, and it took Slashs involvement for axl to write a good song ;)

What's scary is that Axl might actually believe it's not about Slash. How deep is your denial?

Edited by Rovim

I think there's a verse about Slash, a verse about the media, a verse about the haters in Sorry.

Just imagine the music video.

I always imagine the band playing on the moon with a montage of Slash pics for the solo. Satelites orbiting the moon are beaming footage of internet leakers to the FBI. Axl decking paparazzi at LAX footage. Final shot is Axl microwaving the hard drive containing an unreleased GNR video for Sorry. Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

CD is an old record, with songs written almost 20 years ago, why are we still discussing this shit?

CD should be forgotten, there's nothing good there, only bitterness and stupidity.

We're still discussing AFD and UYI (as fans, not the mainstream that propelled mentioned albums to the stratosphere).

CD is part of GNRs discography and history. And a great album as far as I'm concerned ;)

• Like 1

Sorry is about Slash. How can anyone not see that?

Which is funny, because Sorry is the best song of ChiDem, and it took Slashs involvement for axl to write a good song ;)

Axl said something like "this isn't about how you think" during a live performance of the song. I think that's the main thing that has some people think the song isn't about Slash