Tommy wants classic GNR lineup reunion

Eh, more humble and congratulatory than I expected. Not as damning as it sounds.

“I’ll be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you’ve gone on and done all these other things, you know, there’s a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the ‘Mats. It’s a good thing; it’s a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for ‘em, if it actually happens.”

Does sound like he's officially gone (and NuGuns is too).

Reunions are so common now it's not exclusive anymore. It's just do a reunion, do a solo record, go out on tour with a legacy band.

There's only a few artists in rock left. That's why I hope Axl sticks it out as GNR. I'm sure he could do a solo record, sing on Love/Hates new album, then come back to do GNR reunion tour. But it kind of loses something.

• Like 1

kind of a bummer that his reunion was short-lived but he never would have known if he didn't give it a shot.

it's pretty crazy that the band themselves are hoping for a reunion- bumble and dj are probably rooting for one as well.

it's also telling that he would say that, because if things weren't cool he'd be on the shit list for that comment for sure.

• Like 1

‘Cause we all left, we’ve left on friendly terms. It wasn’t like a bad thing. But another guitar player, DJ Ashba, I think he ‘officially’ quit to do something but, you know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff.

Looks like he confirmed the band disbanded

• Like 1

it's a good thing ! ^_^

Asked about the reports of a possible classic GN'R reunion, Stinson told The Current: "I'll be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because, you know, when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you've gone on and done all these other things, you know, there's a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the Replacements stuff... It's a good thing; it's a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for 'em — if it actually happens."

I dont think hes saying he WANTS it. It sounds like hes saying there would be nothing wrong about it if they did, and he'd be happy for them if they did, because he now knows how it feels to be reunited with the people u started out with and had ur original success with, after getting the Replacements back together last year.

He didn't confirm that the band has disbanded, he has reaffirmed that he has no idea what's going on - bit of a difference. Having said that maybe them not contacting him means things are either not ready, or the bands not doing any more work (which I just can't see as a possibility). It does look pretty bad for the current bass player for the band wishing they'd get back together during a time when there's so much speculation.

As for why Tommy had to step away after vegas and those shows? He was drinking a LOT! so my guess would be him taking care of that, probably causing trouble for him off the road too.

He didn't confirm that the band has disbanded, he has reaffirmed that he has no idea what's going on - bit of a difference. Having said that maybe them not contacting him means things are either not ready, or the bands not doing any more work (which I just can't see as a possibility). It does look pretty bad for the current bass player for the band wishing they'd get back together during a time when there's so much speculation.

I believe Axl put together a touring lineup for the CD touring, then disbanded that lineup when that touring was over. If he releases a new record, he will probably put together a new touring lineup to tour that record.

I believe Axl put together a touring lineup for the CD touring, then disbanded that lineup when that touring was over. If he releases a new record, he will probably put together a new touring lineup to tour that record.

You may be right. But let me ask you. Is that normal? Is that the right thing to do? Axl makes an album with a bunch of people but he goes on tour with others. And to make matters worst Axl keeps calling his band Guns N´Roses. Sorry but at this point I find it not only ludicrous but also an abomination.

You may be right. But let me ask you. Is that normal? Is that the right thing to do? Axl makes an album with a bunch of people but he goes on tour with others.

Is it normal? Not so much, but not unheard of.

Is it the right thing to do? Well, when the members from the lineup that made those songs either don't want to tour (Huge, Brain), or has left the band (Bucket, Robin), then I feel it IS the right thing to do, to allow people to be entertained by live versions of those songs.

I dont think hes saying he WANTS it. It sounds like hes saying there would be nothing wrong about it if they did, and he'd be happy for them if they did, because he now knows how it feels to be reunited with the people u started out with and had ur original success with, after getting the Replacements back together last year.

That's all I took it as.

• Like 1