14 year old arrested for making clock

Chris1989

A 14 year old Muslim boy made a digital clock, brought it into school and the teachers thought it was a bomb.

When 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed arrived at school on Monday morning with a digital clock he’d built from scratch, he was keen to show his teachers the fruit of his labors. Instead, he was pulled out of class and arrested for attempting to build a bomb.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Ahmed built the clock at home on Sunday night. It’s simple, but demonstrates that he knows what he’s doing: it was built from a small circuit board, power supply and digital display, all housed inside a case decorated with a tiger hologram (he is 14, give him a break). Ahmed showed his engineering teacher the clock, who told him not to show any of the other teachers at MacArthur High School in Irving.

Later in the day, Ahmed sat in English class. Sadly, the clock kept beeping, and a teacher insisted that she be shown what was causing the disruption. When Ahmed revealed the clock, the teacher took it from him.

Then, in the sixth period of the day, the school’s principal arrived in his class with a police officer. Ahmed was arrested and removed from school, and claims to have been interrogated by five different officers, all of whom asked him why he’d been trying to build a bomb. He also claims his principal threatened him with expulsion and that his fingerprints were taken.

It turns out, in a police report released last night, that three teachers from MacArthur High School were listed as complainants against Ahmed — they all thought he’d been trying to build a bomb. When the object was presented to him during questioning, a statement from the police explains that Ahmed “kept maintaining it was a clock” and “offered “no broader explanation.”

The same police statement points out that the clock “could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car.” In fact, Irving police may yet charge Ahmed with building a “hoax bomb.”

Ahmed’s father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, thinks the incident is a result of racial prejudice. “Because his name is Mohamed and because of September 11th, I think my son got mistreated” he told The Dallas Morning News.

It certainly seems that Ahmed is an innocent geek: he was a member of a robotics club at his middle school, and in a photo taken by his sister of his arrest, his bewildered expression is framed by the NASA t-shirt he was wearing on the day. There’s now a hashtag circulating on Twitter — #IStandWithAhmed —and many fellow nerds and geeks are offering him support.

Ahmed is now at home, though he’s currently suspended from school for three days. Perhaps some of his teachers should be suspended so they can spend a little time working out what the difference between a digital clock and a bomb is.

Edited by Chris1989

He was using it to time his strike on the Pentagon. Thank you USA by take care us.

ISIS is better than the old one.

In all seriousness, how fucked up is this?! Genius kid builds a clock and brings it to his new school because he wants to impress people and fit in, and instead they arrest him for bringing a "bomb"?! If this were a white kid with glasses and a pocket protector, sure he'd have his lunch money stolen right quick, but hard to imagine he goes to jail. This country sucks sometimes. Could we at least have the courtesy to use a dogwhistle for our racism? Ugh...

At least someone gets it.

https://twitter.com/potus/status/644193755814342656

• Like 2

A friend of mine one wrapped an empty can of Coke in a paper bag and stuck a few wires in it and left it in the school parking plot overnight. The last day of school was cancelled, everybody was pissed because that was the one day of school we all wanted to attend. Years later, he called a bomb threat on prom. He was never caught but we all knew it was him.

Anyway, none of the 5 Muslim kids in our grade got accused.

our schools(and country) are becoming retarded. kid builds a clock and its a bomb, kid eats a pop tart into "the shape of a gun" and is suspended, a little girl brings to school a wonder woman lunch box and its deemed "too violent" and is sent home.

A friend of mine one wrapped an empty can of Coke in a paper bag and stuck a few wires in it and left it in the school parking plot overnight. The last day of school was cancelled, everybody was pissed because that was the one day of school we all wanted to attend. Years later, he called a bomb threat on prom. He was never caught but we all knew it was him.

I like your friend :lol:

I like your friend :lol:

I could go on if you want. He was telling us how much of an asshole he is, even though we arleady knew he is. His girlfriend, whom we all liked would wake up him up serving breakfast and blow jobs and he repays her by cheating on her, constantly. He just likes to fuck everything up for everybody.

Anyway, this kid is a freaking genius, to build a digital clock and call it "easy". Yeah, as fucked up as this kid's day has been, he is going to get a ton of girls dirty pictures on his phone. He will get his 72 virgins without having to blow himself up.

Way to go, Ahmed you stud! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

In all seriousness, I could see how paranoid school administration could confuse this as a bomb

0AZEg1z.jpg

I'd be more worried about people who can identify a bomb cuz i cant, that just looks like a circuit board with a bunch of wires, a VCR looks something like that if you crack it open.

Does anyone on here know what a bomb looks like? Or do get our ideas from James Bond and Lethal Weapon films? :lol:

In all seriousness, I could see how paranoid school administration could confuse this as a bomb

0AZEg1z.jpg

I'd be more worried about people who can identify a bomb cuz i cant, that just looks like a circuit board with a bunch of wires, a VCR looks something like that if you crack it open.

Does anyone on here know what a bomb looks like? Or do get our ideas from James Bond and Lethal Weapon films? :lol:

CUT THE RED WIRE!!!!!

• Like 1