What if album had suprise release ?

Any release, surprise or not would be cool. I'd love it if they did it the way U2 did it so I could see everyone who thought it was bush league and a big insavion of privacy and right to choice for U2 to "force" their album onto everyone praise Axl for such a smart move. It would be awesome.

I just hope they don't sell out like U2 did. I think Axl has more artistic integrity to ever prostitute the band and the music the way U2 has over the past decade or so.

Axl has artisic integrity? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! . You are in such denial if you say you think GnR's career post 2000 has been better and filled with more integrity than U2. You keep thinking Axl's way is better and U2 fans will enjoy the 4 albums, 4 world tours, multiple dvd concert releases etc etc etc. U2 sold out and Axl has integrity? STFU man :lol::facepalm:

Hahaha, delusion at its finest. The world is not expecting an album from Rose. His latest album was an absolute turd, no reason to release a sequel -- unless he wanted to embarrass himself even more.

Positivity as always I love it!

I'm not being positive. I'm being realistic. I guess you don't know what "positivism" means? Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.

OK then take your reunion positivism and show me what you got.

Zero chances of a reunion ever happening. Again, realistic, not positive. Go read a book, buddy.

Hahaha, delusion at its finest. The world is not expecting an album from Rose. His latest album was an absolute turd, no reason to release a sequel -- unless he wanted to embarrass himself even more.

I'm not being positive. I'm being realistic. I guess you don't know what "positivism" means? Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.

CD was one of the most-selling records in 2008/2009. Of course a follow-up would sell. When other bands can release records, that sell far less than what CD did or what it is reasonable to expect a follow-up to CD will, then surely GN'R can release more music, too ;)

Any release, surprise or not would be cool. I'd love it if they did it the way U2 did it so I could see everyone who thought it was bush league and a big insavion of privacy and right to choice for U2 to "force" their album onto everyone praise Axl for such a smart move. It would be awesome.

I just hope they don't sell out like U2 did. I think Axl has more artistic integrity to ever prostitute the band and the music the way U2 has over the past decade or so.

Axl has artisic integrity? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! . You are in such denial if you say you think GnR's career post 2000 has been better and filled with more integrity than U2. You keep thinking Axl's way is better and U2 fans will enjoy the 4 albums, 4 world tours, multiple dvd concert releases etc etc etc. U2 sold out and Axl has integrity? STFU man :lol::facepalm:

I have a hunch you have no idea what "integrity" means :) It is not a measur of quality of action, but consistency of action and always being true to oneself without compromising. I have no idea about the integrity of U2 (I don't listen to that kind of music), but with the actual definition of integrity in mind, I think a case could be made that Axl is a man of integrity, whether you like what he does or not.

CD was one of the most-selling records in 2008/2009. Of course a follow-up would sell. When other bands can release records, that sell far less than what CD did or what it is reasonable to expect a follow-up to CD will, then surely GN'R can release more music, too ;)

I have a hunch you have no idea what "integrity" means :) It is not a measur of quality of action, but consistency of action and always being true to oneself without compromising. I have no idea about the integrity of U2 (I don't listen to that kind of music), but with the actual definition of integrity in mind, I think a case could be made that Axl is a man of integrity, whether you like what he does or not.

That is certainly too strict a definition of 'integrity'. There is certainly more than an implication of moral uprightness involved with the word 'integrity'. Individuals blessed with integrity are expected to possess certain moral/ethical virtues, as well as being consistent in those virtues. There is also a cultural context. For the music business specifically 'integrity' tends to be linked with a romantic ideal of the 'artist', creating 'art for art's sake', i.e. not for naked profit or advertisement. This is opposed to a more corporate model of the musical industry.

That is certainly too strict a definition of 'integrity'. There is certainly more than an implication of moral uprightness involved with the word 'integrity'. Individuals blessed with integrity are expected to possess certain moral/ethical virtues, as well as being consistent in those virtues. There is also a cultural context. For the music business specifically 'integrity' tends to be linked with a romantic ideal of the 'artist', creating 'art for art's sake', i.e. not for naked profit or advertisement. This is opposed to a more corporate model of the musical industry.

Interscope killed any chance of GNR's "integrity" when it came to Chinese Democracy. The Best Buy deal wasn't done because integrity was on the line. U2 were never told by record execs how to make their albums. They did remixes but Bono joked about needing a lot of drinks to get his ass off the barstool to dance.

/sigh

I'm just going to leave at my original point.

The demand for CD was not as high as the shipped numbers suggest. Low demand for that album does not look well for it's follow up especially when the band releasing it has had a decreasing audience and the album has MUCH less intrigue. Releasing the follow up album in a "surprise release" is a bad business decision.

Awhile back it was statistically proved that the album was in the 3 million ballpark. Wk originally was claiming 7 million.

But somebody worked the numbers. Basing it on how many units you needed to sell to break the billboard top 200 chart. And to break into billboard charts in other countries.

Some band sold like 8000 copies and made the top 200. So if CD hasn't entered the top 200 since 2009, then you know it is selling less than 8000 per week.

Then you can just do the math.

Whether you love the last band or not, love CD or hate it. The numbers don't lie.

If CD was selling 500,000 copies a year then it would have charted. At least once. Somewhere.

It's just unrealistic to think that 4-5 million people bought CD after it's initial six months of release. Casual fans were just downloading it. They weren't going to best but and paying twenty bucks.

To be honest I'm not sure why WK always lies about the sales numbers. Especially when he keeps complaining about people being negative. Apparently In his world it is better to lie than it is to not kiss ass 24/7

/sigh

The demand for CD was not as high as the shipped numbers suggest. Low demand for that album does not look well for it's follow up especially when the band releasing it has had a decreasing audience and the album has MUCH less intrigue. Releasing the follow up album in a "surprise release" is a bad business decision.

Awhile back it was statistically proved that the album was in the 3 million ballpark. Wk originally was claiming 7 million.

But somebody worked the numbers. Basing it on how many units you needed to sell to break the billboard top 200 chart. And to break into billboard charts in other countries.

Some band sold like 8000 copies and made the top 200. So if CD hasn't entered the top 200 since 2009, then you know it is selling less than 8000 per week.

Whether you love the last band or not, love CD or hate it. The numbers don't lie.

If CD was selling 500,000 copies a year then it would have charted. At least once. Somewhere.

It's just unrealistic to think that 4-5 million people bought CD after it's initial six months of release. Casual fans were just downloading it. They weren't going to best but and paying twenty bucks.

To be honest I'm not sure why WK always lies about the sales numbers. Especially when he keeps complaining about people being negative. Apparently In his world it is better to lie than it is to not kiss ass 24/7

It re-entered during 2011 I think after the powers that be cut the price. I don't lie I make estimations based on not lots of info based on current sales.

/sigh

It re-entered during 2011 I think after the powers that be cut the price. I don't lie I make estimations based on not lots of info based on current sales.

Oh you do lie, you lie to youself, daily.

/sigh

No offense. But your estimate is ludicrous.

I say that with the caveat that CD is one of my favorite albums of all time.

/sigh

Oh you do lie, you lie to youself, daily.

Honesty Is No Excuse.

/sigh

No offense. But your estimate is ludicrous.

I say that with the caveat that CD is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Fair enough like I said who knows an exact figure. I won't make a personal crusade into denying a group of hired hands sold millions of copies of an album.

Edited by wkuk04

Your crusade is to make shit up and then label the people that disagree as haters. That's pathetically childish.

Why stop at millions of albums? Why not billions? That's even more positive isn't it? Shit, let's go for trillions!

Edited by Rustycage

Your crusade is to make shit up and then label the people that disagree as haters. That's pathetically childish.

Why stop at millions of albums? Why not billions? That's even more positive isn't it? Shit, let's go for trillions!

I don't label people who constantly drag a discussion into a knuckle dragging session, including you chief.

I don't label people who constantly drag a discussion into a knuckle dragging session, including you chief.

Subtle but proved my point quite nicely. Thanks.

No worries captain. I don't lose sleep over how much cd sold or how many times its been played on Spotify or listen to Whitesnake in my undies or how dare buckethead wear a bucket on his head on stage with gnr, (his name...take a hint) or maynard, apollo & rusty pretending to be mygnr's A-Team. Its not a crime to look out my eyes without rose tinted glasses. But I am so pleased you guys think a surprise release would be beneficial It gives me faith in you.

Edited by wkuk04

No worries captain. I don't lose sleep over how much cd sold or how many times its been played on Spotify or listen to Whitesnake in my undies or how dare buckethead wear a bucket on his head on stage with gnr, (his name...take a hint) or maynard, apollo & rusty pretending to be mygnr's A-Team.

Wait... tell me that one again about how you aren't labeling people that disagree with your lies.

We lose sleep over it? You seem to be the one taking it so personal as your responses show.

Spotify? That was another poster trying to do the very thing you're doing here and that is to hopefully convince people that CD is a huge success.

Listens to whitesnake in their undies? Is that a mix of being condescending and with homoerotic fantasies of the people you disagree with?

What is wrong with Buckethead? He is talented and deserved every second of spotlight in GNR. I find it funny that you took one sentence to build this strawman and respond to it. Very simplistic.

WTF is mygnr A-Team? There are simply lies and truth and you're doing nothing but making shit up and then rambling about men's underwear. Trust me, it wouldn't take an A-Team to take down your silly argument.

Edited by Rustycage

No worries captain. I don't lose sleep over how much cd sold or how many times its been played on Spotify or listen to Whitesnake in my undies or how dare buckethead wear a bucket on his head on stage with gnr, (his name...take a hint) or maynard, apollo & rusty pretending to be mygnr's A-Team.

Wait... tell me that one again about how you aren't labeling people that disagree with your lies.

No.

We lose sleep over it? You seem to be the one taking it so personal as your responses show.

I don't lose sleep over it.

Spotify? That was another poster trying to do the very thing you're doing here and that is to hopefully convince people that CD is a huge success.

I don't deny it wasn't a success unlike you and a few others.

Listens to whitesnake in their undies? Is that a mix of being condescending and with homoerotic fantasies of the people you disagree with?

You calling me about labelling people, why you labelling homosexual folk?

What is wrong with Buckethead? He is talented and deserved every second of spotlight in GNR. I find it funny that you took one sentence to build this strawman and respond to it. Very simplistic.

Nothing wrong with Buckethead. His sound on GNR, made it sound up to date & not 80's rock.

WTF is mygnr A-Team? There are simply lies and truth and you're doing nothing but making shit up and then rambling about men's underwear. Trust me, it wouldn't take an A-Team to take down your silly argument.

I love it when a plan comes together...

It can never be a surprise, for CD we were given every year a month or a season for its release, it kept on delaying and delaying, then later on in 2008 it was released, so that was a surprise, but well no promotion, hardly any talks about it from Mr. Rose, so yeah that was a surprise.

For CD 2 or whatever it will be called, every year we are hearing the same thing, so even if we are given a release date, that will be surprising.

Edited by Slash787

Back to a more coherent and relevant discussion.

Surely if CD had sold that many more albums, it would have achieved an additional x# status.

1x Platinum in America (between 1-1.9 million)

3x Platinum in Canada (240,000-319,000)

1x Platinum in Australia (70,000-139,000)

1x Gold in Germany (100,000-199,000)

1x Platinum in Iceland (10,000-19,000)

1x Gold in Japan (100,000-249,000)

According to the album certifications, even if you bloat it to the highest possible amount, it has sold 3 million records. The Best Buy deal inflated the numbers in America(the largest contributor to the "sales" figures) and your wishful thinking that millions more lined up for the album are groundless.

Unless you want to claim that the certifications are wrong, you're completely full of it.

EDIT for more clarity: As of 2011, we know that Best Buy still had a million copies of CD still left over from the 1.6 million copy deal. That is when they marked it down to 1.99 for clearance. We also know a large portion ended up on dollar store shelves. As of 2011, where was that huge demand you are talking about? (Hint: It doesn't exist because you're lying) Outside of America, every other market would need to achieve double the current certification just to sale another 1 million. That is combined! AFAIK, the certifications are up to date and it is safe and more realistic to conclude that CD did not sell another 1 million records after the RIR disaster, the "You, me" disaster or the Golden Gods disaster. In case the bubble was too thick, they were jokes in the minds of the masses.

For an album that cost over 13 million dollars to make, that is NOT a success. If it were a new band with a typical album that would look pretty good. For CD and it's pricetag along with being a heavily anticipated Guns N Roses release, that doesn't look good. Again, the point is if CD did not deliver as expected, WTF makes anyone think that it's follow up would benefit from a surprise release coupled with all of the disasters still fresh in the public mind?

Edited by Rustycage