Incredibly Shit Songs

Len Cnut

He wanted to be a proper actor like Brando or Dean. He did not want his music in his films - even on the four films which he made before joining the army which are all good-excellent. Flaming Star and Wild in the Country, which he made soon after being demobbed, were the two films which came closest to his desire, but even with these two the producers insisted on a distinct Elvis title track with which to market the films around. They are both very good dramatic pieces. The musical-comedies (GI Blues, Blue Hawaii and Viva Las Vegas) however took over and around '62 Parker realised he could make these same movies by slashing the budget to a pittance. Blue Hawaii was big budget you see and there is nothing inherently wrong with films like that: they are what they are being mainstream comedies. But following the budget cut, you begin to see the really awful Elvis films, e.g. Kissin' Cousins and Harum Scarum.

There were a few better films before the Comeback such as Charro!, in which he has a beard, and Change of Heart. He wanted to return to film work with Barbara Streisand's A Star is Born but again, Parker shafted him and Kris Kristofferson got the role.

Fuck me your old man got about a bit, writing for Eastenders, fending off the IRA, no wonder you cant sit still without the use of skunk :lol: My old mans like that, fantastic driver, massive car enthusiast...and me, his boy, couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse :lol:

Writing pays peanuts and the man was born in 1939 and this was in 2002/2003...

He was a regular writer for the HudLines, this radio comedy show with Roy Hud and others around then too for BBC Radio.

In my time I've seen him go from disc jockey for a hospital radio station when they still had them to working on the board of education first for Croydon then nationally, then after that he retired from that into comedy writing and writing in general.

Before my time he was a pop star :lol:, actor and even drove The Northern Line, as well as James Bond type shit.

It is told by others that my father was one of the ones who had to take control around here incase society ever collapsed; Apparently the government does think of things like that and my father was one of them; This is back during that whole cold war thing though.

He also invented the photo copier and composed one of Australia's patriotic songs for them when they went independent when he was in the Writer's Workshop in London and ghost wrote for Johnny Cash and Cliff Richards.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Fuck me your old man got about a bit, writing for Eastenders, fending off the IRA, no wonder you cant sit still without the use of skunk :lol: My old mans like that, fantastic driver, massive car enthusiast...and me, his boy, couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse :lol:

He was a regular writer for the HudLines, this radio comedy show with Roy Hud and others around then too for BBC Radio.

In my time I've seen him go from disc jockey for a hospital radio station when they still had them to working on the board of education first for Croydon then nationally, then after that he retired from that into comedy writing and writing in general.

Before my time he was a pop star :lol:, actor and even drove The Northern Line, as well as James Bond type shit.

It is told by others that my father was one of the ones who had to take command around here incase society ever collapsed;

He also invented the photo copier and composed one of Australia's patriotic songs for them when they went independent from the Writer's Workshop in London and ghost wrote for Johnny Cash and Cliff Richards.

Are you serious?!? Pop star? Whats his name man? PM me if you don't wanna bait yourself up.

He wanted to be a proper actor like Brando or Dean. He did not want his music in his films - even on the four films which he made before joining the army which are all good-excellent. Flaming Star and Wild in the Country, which he made soon after being demobbed, were the two films which came closest to his desire, but even with these two the producers insisted on a distinct Elvis title track with which to market the films around. They are both very good dramatic pieces. The musical-comedies (GI Blues, Blue Hawaii and Viva Las Vegas) however took over and around '62 Parker realised he could make these same movies by slashing the budget to a pittance. Blue Hawaii was big budget you see and there is nothing inherently wrong with films like that: they are what they are being mainstream comedies. But following the budget cut, you begin to see the really awful Elvis films, e.g. Kissin' Cousins and Harum Scarum.

There were a few better films before the Comeback such as Charro!, in which he has a beard, and Change of Heart. He wanted to return to film work with Barbara Streisand's A Star is Born but again, Parker shafted him and Kris Kristofferson got the role.

Harum Scarum was fuckin' dreadful, weren't it? :lol:

Elvis as an Arabian Sinbad type character. Kissin' Cousins is as bad. It is the twin film which sees Elvis with a dead squirrel on his head - still a more convincing wig than Donald Trump's or Elton's. He was in a film with Bill Bixby and Nancy Sinatra called Girl Happy (I think); Bill Bixby would play Dr Banner in The Incredible Hulk television series.

It is told by others that my father was one of the ones who had to take command around here incase society ever collapsed;

He also invented the photo copier and composed one of Australia's patriotic songs for them when they went independent from the Writer's Workshop in London and ghost wrote for Johnny Cash and Cliff Richards.

Are you serious?!? Pop star? Whats his name man? PM me if you don't wanna bait yourself up.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209228-rock-stars-dancing-like-your-dad/

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209228-rock-stars-dancing-like-your-dad/

Its true what they say about skunk and your memory :lol:

Its true what they say about skunk and your memory :lol:

I was so high and happy in Amsterdam for 2 nights/3 days, that I was honestly starting to forget my life in England...

Came home, took me about 12 hours to readjust to my country. :lol: