Reunion Tour / Dream setlist?

Idk about a set list for a proper arena tour, but Id think the appropriate way to start would be a small surprise acoustic set at the Troubador or something, where Axl can sing relatively low to not only warm up his voice for future "bigger" shows, but also avoid ridicule once the footage of the gig goes viral (it'd be his first public performance with Slash since 1993 so it'd be bound to go viral).

Choosing songs that are easier for him to sing (with the exception of the AFD big three cause they kinda have to be there) for a debut gig, that practically everyone on the Internet will see, would help to decrease the chances of him fucking up. Then if they do a proper arena tour he can slowly work his way back to singing the high-pitch stuff.

So for this hypothetical debut acoustic club gig, I'd say something like this:

1.You're Crazy

2.Mr. Brownstone

3.Patience

4.Used to Love Her

5.Slash solo

6.Civil War

7.Welcome To the Jungle

8.Sweet Child O' Mine

9.Knocking On Heaven's Door

10.Nightrain

Encore

11.Paradise City

"Coma/Locomotive/Breakdown/Prostitute/Don't Damn Me!!!!!"

Can we be realistic? IF a reunion ever happens, it'll be the setlist Axl used in 2002 minus the CD songs. So basically AFD minus Anything Goes and You're Crazy, and add Patience and November Rain and YCBM.

And maybe we'll get some stuff that came back in recent years like Don't Cry or Civil War or Estranged.

Depends on how long they're willing to play. How many shows they'd actually play. Who knows. Axl has to actually agree to do it first.

• Like 1

1. Jungle

2. Its so easy

3. Brownstone

4. YCBM

5. Patience

6. Live and let Die

7. Out ta get me

8. My Michelle

9. Nice Boys

10. Mama Kim*

11. Don't cry

12. Civil War

13. Used to love her

14. You're Crazy (acoustic then electric)

15. SCOM

16. Dust n bones

17. Pretty tied up*

18. Hair of the dog*

19. Down on the farm*

20. November Rain

21. Dead Horse

22. Rocket Queen

23. Knockin

24. Coma

Encore

Nightrain

Estranged

Paradise city

Also have Locomotive, yesterdays, move to the city, and black leather ready for possible alternatives for the asterik songs.

I'd be pretty freaking pleased with a show similiar to this.

Ah fuck, I forgot about breakdown, id want that in there somewhere as well.

1. Jungle
2. Its so easy
3. Brownstone
4. YCBM
5. Out ta get me
6. My Michelle
7. Nice Boys
8. Don't cry
9. Used to love her
10. You're Crazy
11. SCOM
12. Bad Obsession
13. Pretty tied up
14. Yesterdays
15. November Rain
16. Rocket Queen
17. Knockin
18. Coma

Encore:
Nightrain
Paradise city

Maybe a couple of new songs...

Edited by IZZYISGNR

In unsorted order:

Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Out ta Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, Reckless Life, Patience, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Double Talkin' Jive, Locomotive, Right Next Door to Hell, Don't Cry, Don't Damn Me, You Could Be Mine, Better, There Was A Time, Madagascar, Shackler's Revenge, Estranged, Perfect Crime, Civil War. And 5 unreleased, new songs.

• Like 2

Haven't we discussed this somewhere before?

Well from the usual setlist, I would like to see You're Crazy, Think About You, Double Talkin Jive, 14 years, Locomotive and Yesterdays to be added.

From CD, hate me or not, I would like to see Better, Street of Dreams, Madagascar and This I love on the setlist.

Edited by Slash787

A couple of Slash's Snakepit songs and Fall to pieces would be great.

Yeah that would be great, I would like to see Gotta Say and Sweet Cares from Izzy's albums to be added.

From Slash, I would like to see Ghost, Anastasia, Crucify the dead (yeah that would be weird lol) and You're A Lie.

Firstly, new songs, the more the merrier.

Secondly, mix it up. In my opinion there are only 8-10 'must play' staples to build the setlist around.

Jungle

ISE

Brownstone

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child

November Rain

Nightrain

Patience

Paradise City

Estranged, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen and Civil War are borderline 'staples' and should usually be played but one or two can be dropped, especially when you are playing the same venue on consecutive nights. Everything else is perfectly dropable. The remaining twenty+ songs therefore can come from the entirety of their discography, songs like Dead Horse, Don't Damn Me and 14 Years. Don't be afraid to play Estranged and Civil War one night, and Locomotive and Coma the next, or Don't Cry and Rocket Queen one night, and Yesterdays and Think About You the next. It is not that a big discography. You could easily learn 35-40 songs from which to craft a 20-25 song setlist. Failing that, you could do what they did on the Illusion's tour and have three quite different setlists (1991-92-93), but still chucking in the odd surprise here and there, e.g. Coma, Locomotive. Either way is preferably to those stodgy nugnr sets.

Thirdly, keep the covers to a minimum. Preferably no Knockin' on Heaven's Door or Live and Let Die but GN'R seem to think crowds need these songs in their life so there is not much else to do as they are a stubborn band! But if it was left to me, drop 'em.

And lastly, keep CD and solo songs to a minimum. Nobody wants to see Slash play Scraped. Or if you are going to do it, stick to the absolute minimum and use them in solo spots, an instrumental Anastasia/Godfather for Slash's; Sweet Caress and Seattle Head for Izzy and Duff's. You could make a concession for one of the superior CD songs (e.g. Better or TWAT) I suppose.

A couple of Slash's Snakepit songs and Fall to pieces would be great.

I would prefer no covers at all.

Uh uh, *cough*,

In unsorted order:

Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Out ta Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, Reckless Life, Patience, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Double Talkin' Jive, Locomotive, Right Next Door to Hell, Don't Cry, Don't Damn Me, You Could Be Mine, Better, There Was A Time, Madagascar, Shackler's Revenge, Estranged, Perfect Crime, Civil War. And 5 unreleased, new songs.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Rehearse a catalog of say 50+ and play at least 10 different songs each night. Ya have to play the obvious, Jungle, SCOM, Patience, NR, PC, YCBM and more etc....but with the rest make 10-12 interchangeable each night. A solid 22 song set, 3-4 encore songs and of course have 3-4 audible's ready. And other the Street of Dreams we really don't need much else off of CD played. Maybe Better.

I'd want a mix of new and old. Something like this

1. Nigtrain

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Better

4. Patience

5. It's so Easy

6. Street of Dreams

7. Drum Solo

8. YCBM

9. Jungle

10. Madagascar

11. Live and Let Die

12. Slash solo/Civil War

13. DTJ

14. Axl piano solo/November Rain

15. Slash solo/Sweet Child

16. Don't Cry

17. KOHD

Encore

18. Estranged

19. Paradise City

It wasn't impossible to imagine Duff agreeing to play ChiDem songs. And then he did just that.

It is impossible to imagine Slash playing those songs, though. I bet the only way he'd play them is if Axl agreed to do VR or Conspirators songs, which Axl would never do.

Doesn't matter, this reunion will never happen. Sorry guys.

Welcome to the jungle

It's so easy

Mr brownstone

Rocket queen

Estranged

Out ta get me

Civil war

Patience

Dead horse

Sweet child of mine

Think about you

You're crazy (acoustic/electric)

Yesterdays

You could be mine

Don't cry

Pretty tied up

Bad obsession

Street of dreams

It's alright

November rain

Nightrain

Encore

Chinese democracy

Better

Whole lotta Rosie

Paradise city

1. Pretty Tied Up

2. Nightrain

3. It's so Easy

4. Dead Horse

5. Move to the City

6. Nice Boys

7. Estranged

8. Patience

9. Double Talkin Jive Mfkr

10. 14 years

11. Human Being

12. Don't Cry

13. My Michelle

14. Mr. Brownstone

15. Locomotive

16. One in a Million

17. You could be Mine

18. Dead Flowers

19. The Garden

20. So Fine

21. Out to get me

22. November Rain

23. Rocket Queen

24. Dust N Bones

I strongly suggest this list as Duff and Izzy can chip in for Axl and puts emphasis on songs that have been least played by NU GNR while keeping some of the meat and potatoes in.