Pearl Jam

AxlsMainMan

Ten is one of the best records of all time.

Musically and thematically Ten is a great album from front to back. Production wise its probably their worst.

Did the remastering make a significant difference? I never got around to checking it out.

Not really.

That's unfortunate. I thoroughly enjoyed and noticed a significant difference with The Beatles remasters aside from The White Album.

Musically and thematically Ten is a great album from front to back. Production wise its probably their worst.

Did the remastering make a significant difference? I never got around to checking it out.

A bit. They removed a lot of that corny 90s reverb it was drenched in, so it sounds a little leaner.

• Like 1

Yes. It actually did make a big difference.

Anyone else throw up in their mouth when they saw Eddie Vedder and Beyoncé duet @ Global Citizen?

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, QOTSA Supergroup Has Been Formed, Debut Single Coming This Friday
Ten Commandos is the name of a rock supergroup project featuring Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd, drummer Matt Cameron of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, Mark Lanegan of the Screaming Trees, frequent Queens of the Stone Age collaborator Alain Johannes, and Dimitri Coats of OFF!.

According to the latest announcement, the gang is set to unveil their debut single "Staring Down the Dust" on October 9, and follow it up with a full-length release in November.

The band's story dates way back to 2008, while the first concrete reports of the band being active surfaced last year.

Mr. Coats, who will be handling the vocal duties in the band, previously commented: "There was just an instant chemistry and a really creative and open situation where everybody's passing around the guitar and throwing in ideas. I sort of felt like I was in the grunge Beatles."

Describing the vibe of the tunes, the musician added "It's a little bit like 'Superunknown,' that kind of era of Soundgarden, mixed with Alain's kind of Stevie Wonder vibe."
Edited by AxlsMainMan

Anyone else throw up in their mouth when they saw Eddie Vedder and Beyoncé duet @ Global Citizen?

Fuck yeah. That was just strange and very un-PJ.

They did a rendition of 99 Problems with Jay-Z a few years ago. :shrugs:
True. I mean they've always played with people, but rocK & rap always have a relationship so I can kinda dig that. But Bae?

Slash should form supergroup with Zach de la Rocha.

is Zach even still making music these days?

One time there was a supposed solo album that Trent Reznor was producing. But I haven't heard anything about him in a long time.

Fuck yeah. That was just strange and very un-PJ.

They did a rendition of 99 Problems with Jay-Z a few years ago. :shrugs:
True. I mean they've always played with people, but rocK & rap always have a relationship so I can kinda dig that. But Bae?

One time there was a supposed solo album that Trent Reznor was producing. But I haven't heard anything about him in a long time.
Isnt he an activist or something?

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I've seen from him recently is his verse on Run the Jewels' Close Your Eyes.

Which was a straight fire verse.

Hell yeah. I'd love for him to put out a solo album of straight rapping like that.

Edited by chevelle

i really miss the early 90s PJ.

Everything about Eddie was so enigmatic. His lyrics were relatable and the music behind it was just so powerful.

But his voice! His voice is what made everything so special. Even if you made fun of it because he sounded like he had marbles in his mouth, it is still today one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard.

I think the performances is what really turned me on to them. Not only was Eddie absolutely fucking crazy and unpredictable, but you could see the passion in his face. You could tell that there was some sort of hurt behind that voice the way he portrayed it in his face when he sang.

Ten is defiantly one of those albums that anyone can relate too. As the years went by though, PJ gained a following and Eddie had nothing left to prove.

Anyway, speaking of Ten, i feel like Porch is one of the most overlooked songs on that album and it is one of the most powerful on that whole album

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1