Your concerts in 2016

Val22

Saw Megadeth last night. Good show, good setlist except no Tornado of Souls. For some reason they're not playing it every night.

Highlights for me were In My Darkest Hour, She-Wolf, Dawn Patrol/Poison Was The Cure, The Threat Is Real, Fatal Illusion, Peace Sells, Dystopia, Holy Wars, A Tout Le Monde, and Trust.

• Like 1

Seen Noel Gallagher last week. He played Listen Up! :) and Sad Song. Loads of Oasis actually, more than I expected. His own stuff was absolutely brilliant aswel. 

So now I've seen one Gallagher! Liam needs to do something again and get his arse up here, caused I missed him last time. 

Just took a look and here's what I've got tickets to for now:

Dixie Chicks 06/04
Florence + The Machine 06/11
The Purple Xperience 06/18
GN'R / AiC 06/23
GN'R / AiC 07/03
Duran Duran / Chic 07/11
Zakk Wylde 07/28
Adele 09/06
Leon Bridges 09/30

So i saw Jungle Rot, The Acacia Strain and Dying Fetus this past weekend.. What. The. Fuck. by far the dumbest fucking show i've ever been too. There weren't a lot of people because Bullet For My Valentine and Asking Alexandria were playing down the road, so most metal fans were at that show. If anyone here is familiar with the differences in fan participation between death metal and death core, you'll realize that 1 of the 3 bands that i listed is not like the other. The Acacia Strain had by far the most people turn out for them. While everyone was moshing and circle pitting for Jungle Rot, when The Acacia Strain came out, it turned into a goddamn karate dojo. There were so many hardcore dancers. 

Now for the die hard death metal fans, they had no idea what the fuck was going on. Some thought everyone was fighting, some tried to mosh normally. it was a cluster fuck to say the least. After about 2 or 3 songs, 2 little muscular death metal fans started flipping off the hardcore dancers and trying to push them to the ground and hurt them. While no one was stopping this, the hardcore dancers kept coming up to the death metal people and dancing right in front of them, resulting in multiple fights and injuries. In a vain attempt at trying to hurt everyone in the front, one of the 2 muscular dudes runs up and pushes everyone up against the stage (there was no barrier) and falls to the floor.. Everyone looks down at him when he doesn't get back up and his fucking knee cap is hanging off the side of his leg... no one attacked him or singled him out, just instant karma. 2 of his buddies came out of nowhere and put him around there shoulders and walked him to the back. Meanwhile a 7foot something gets on stage and tries to hardcore-style stage dive literally wiping out everyone on that side of the stage probably causing multiple injuries. 7foot something dude then goes to the bar and grabs a bar stool and starts hardcore dancing with that, then literally gets speared Edge-style by a death metal fan thinking he's some sort of terrorist trying to hurt everyone. This was getting fucked, and we still had one band left :lol:

Walking outside between bands for a smoke break, most of The Acacia Strains fans were leaving and talking shit about all the death metal people. While waiting, an ambulance shows up and takes away our muscular friend. Walking back inside the venue, you could tell that most people left or were leaving. Dying Fetus started and the crowd didn't go as crazy as i thought. There was some moshing here and there. Another 7foot dude, not the one that was previously mentioned, who was drunk as all hell got cut on the elbow and just so happened to be wearing a white shirt so blood was everywhere. 7foot dude #1 then takes 7foot dude #2 and starts swinging him around and trowing him at random people while he just fell to the ground because he was so drunk. Multiple people started doing that dumb bullshit where they like have a pushing/wrestling contest in the middle of the pit. 7foot dude #1 comes up to one of those groups and literally gave both of them a stone cold stunner. funniest shit i've ever seen. He then pins one of them, while about 5 dudes come out of nowhere to count the pin, then pins both of them while everyone cheers and counts then pin. Some dude also passed out in the pit and he did the 5 Knuckle Shuffle to him, while another kid got on his hands and knees and started praying to Dying Fetus, 7foot dude RKOed him, then rolled him over while 7-8 dudes came out of nowhere and jumped on him. Seriously some funny shit. In between songs, the crowd started chanting ECW. This big black dude pulled the nearest trashcan and tried to crowd surf it, but there was no one there to surf over, so he just threw it and all of its contents came tumbling out. That finally elicited a response from one of the bands singers telling the crowd that we are a bunch of crazy fuckers. 

By far one of the weirdest concerts ive ever been too 

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

i got warped tour this monday. Hope to see Whitechapel for the 3rd time and Chelsea Grin for the 1st 

I've always wanted to see Whitechapel. Phil Bozemen is one of my vocal influences and Chelsea Grin sounds like they would be fun to see live. Didn't know they were on Warped this year.

On June 26, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Death Star said:

I've always wanted to see Whitechapel. Phil Bozemen is one of my vocal influences and Chelsea Grin sounds like they would be fun to see live. Didn't know they were on Warped this year.

phil absolutely crushed it as always

July 13th - Duran Duran w/ Nile Rodgers & Chic (Toronto)

July 16th - Slash ft. Axl Rose and the Gunners (Toronto)

September 11th - AXL/DC

Then in October I've got Halestorm with Lita Ford and Our Lady Peace with I Mother Earth, but the dates of both gigs are escaping me at the moment.

On 2016-06-29 at 11:54 AM, James Bond said:

July 16th - Slash ft. Axl Rose and the Gunners (Toronto)

SARG, doesn't quite have the same ring to it :lol:

All I've got planned is GNR on August 12 in Seattle and Alice Cooper in October in Victoria, at the 'small' arena (capacity is a little under 3,000 I think). There's so many concerts I want to go to in Vancouver or Seattle though... fuckin' GNR, taking all my concert money again :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Saw Blink 182 last night and they headlined and only played an hour and 20 minutes and Tom Delonge was greatly missed. 

Money well wasted. Ah well. 

Not a fan of theirs, but I'm sorry to hear that!

3rd GNR show (chicago night 2) of the year was the best yet probably. GNR has dominated this year for me and I'm fine with that. Blown almost all of my gig budget on them lol

What I've got left this year:

7/12 - Guns N' Roses (Pittsburgh)

7/20 - Iron Maiden (Nyon)

7/22 - Iron Maiden (Milan)

7/23 - Anthrax (Milan)

7/24 - Iron Maiden/Anthrax/Sabaton/Saxon (Rome)

7/26 - Iron Maiden (Trieste)

7/27 - Iron Maiden (Split)

7/30 - Iron Maiden (Bucharest)

8/2 - Iron Maiden (Luxembourg)

8/4-8/6 - Wacken Open Air

8/25 - KISS (Rochester)

9/6 - AC/DC (Cleveland)

9/8 - AC/DC (Detroit)

9/10 - Slayer/Anthrax (Cleveland)

9/11 - AC/DC (Buffalo)

9/14 - AC/DC (New York)

9/16 - Anthrax (Rochester)

9/17 - AC/DC (Washington DC)

9/20 - AC/DC (Philadelphia)

11/11 - Tower Of Power (Hampton Beach)

11/12 - Tower Of Power (Providence)

12/28 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

12/29 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

12/30 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

What I've got left this year:

7/12 - Guns N' Roses (Pittsburgh)

7/20 - Iron Maiden (Nyon)

7/22 - Iron Maiden (Milan)

7/23 - Anthrax (Milan)

7/24 - Iron Maiden/Anthrax/Sabaton/Saxon (Rome)

7/26 - Iron Maiden (Trieste)

7/27 - Iron Maiden (Split)

7/30 - Iron Maiden (Bucharest)

8/2 - Iron Maiden (Luxembourg)

8/4-8/6 - Wacken Open Air

8/25 - KISS (Rochester)

9/6 - AC/DC (Cleveland)

9/8 - AC/DC (Detroit)

9/10 - Slayer/Anthrax (Cleveland)

9/11 - AC/DC (Buffalo)

9/14 - AC/DC (New York)

9/16 - Anthrax (Rochester)

9/17 - AC/DC (Washington DC)

9/20 - AC/DC (Philadelphia)

11/11 - Tower Of Power (Hampton Beach)

11/12 - Tower Of Power (Providence)

12/28 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

12/29 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

12/30 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston)

Decided one reunion gig wasn't enough, eh? Lol. Hope you get a good price. Maybe you'll get a pit upgrade!

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Decided one reunion gig wasn't enough, eh? Lol. Hope you get a good price. Maybe you'll get a pit upgrade!

The only reason I decided to do a second one is Pittsburgh is almost definitely gonna have the upper bowl closed. I can still get a $24 ticket on TM. So yeah, if I can get a halfway decent seat for $24, then why not?

Saw Neil Young/Promise of the Real last month in Leeds. Sublime. On this particular tour, Rebel Content, he has been pulling out songs from his 1968 debut that he has never, or rarely played, before, stuff like 'Here We Are In the Years' and 'I've Been Waiting For You' - obscure gems from Time Fades Away and On the Beach also, e.g. 'LA', 'Don't Be Denied', 'Revolution Blues' and 'Vampire Blues'. My show held the first performance of 'If I Could Have Her Tonight' (unless we believe anecdotal evidence that it was performed solo in 1968)!! It is as if Promise of the Real have prompted him to delve into the darkest recesses of his deep cuts - granted, Shakey has always been partial to variable song selection!

I've been listening to the bootlegs non-stop from this tour also, including the show I went to. Promise of the Real are now my second favourite Neil band (after The Horse).

AC/DC - Las Vegas, February 5th
Guns N' Roses - Las Vegas, April 8th
Guns N' Roses - Las Vegas, April 9th
AXL/DC - New York, September 14th

I scored the AC/DC, GnR, AXL/DC  hattrick this year. 

• Like 3

Saw Duran Duran for the first time last night. Nick Rhodes wasn't there due to a family emergency in London. Not sure if he would've upped the show or not, but I just thought they were OK.

Going to see Culture Club this Sunday and I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for that.

Did T in the Park. The rain!...Jesus it was bad.

Only managed the saturday So missed out on The Stone Roses :( couldnt make the other days so went to see The Last Shadow Puppets, who were really fucking good!(you should check out their cover of Moonage Daydream (glastonbury has a good video)), and Calvin Harris - his sound was really poor compared to Glasgow Summer Sessions last year so we left half way through. 

Gonna see Stereophonics on thursday... Theyre pretty pish nowadays but theyve got some classics.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Saw Duran Duran for the first time last night. Nick Rhodes wasn't there due to a family emergency in London. Not sure if he would've upped the show or not, but I just thought they were OK.

Going to see Culture Club this Sunday and I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for that.

Just okay? That's disappointing! I absolutely loved them back in March (and I see them again tomorrow). Nick is the controller and the mastermind (not to mention a big part of their image) so it'll be weird not seeing him there but nevertheless I hope I enjoy it as much as I did the first time around. I think these are the first shows he's missed in his entire career. Both him and Simon were always the constants throughout the line-up changes.