Your concerts in 2016

Val22

Just now, James Bond said:

Just okay? That's disappointing! I absolutely loved them back in March (and I see them again tomorrow). Nick is the controller and the mastermind (not to mention a big part of their image) so it'll be weird not seeing him there but nevertheless I hope I enjoy it as much as I did the first time around. I think these are the first shows he's missed in his entire career. Both him and Simon were always the constants throughout the line-up changes.

I think Nick not being there took a lot out of it for me. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't great. I could very well be the victim of getting my hopes up too high in the first place. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I think Nick not being there took a lot out of it for me. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't great. I could very well be the victim of getting my hopes up too high in the first place. 

I guess I'll count myself lucky that I caught them with Nick a few months ago.

My original plan is still in place though - I'm counting Duran Duran as my opener for Guns and skipping out on Billy Talent.

• Like 1

Some pics from North Sea Jazz Festival last weekend: 

13575763_10153694560085924_2072759262894 

CC Smugglers

13582103_10153694560090924_1902245873015 

13603724_10153694560080924_3123645383002 

Pokey LaFarge

13613633_10153694560535924_1513756298697 

13585052_10153694560540924_4125589641925 

Buddy Guy 

13580456_10153694560640924_1783178589050 

13603527_10153694560800924_8554516409968 

The Roots

I only managed to get tickets for Friday. Would have loved to be there on Sunday too and see Gregory Porter, Joe Bonamassa and Walter Trout. But then again I've seen Bonamassa a couple of time and I'm seeing Trout in November anyway. Might still get tickets for Porter in Amsterdam in November. Anybody seen him? Is he good live? 

Edited by username

I think I enjoyed my Duran Duran show more than @RussTCB did. :lol:

After the buzz kill news that Nick Rhodes had to tend to emergency family business back in England, I think Simon and the boys still delivered. Simon, John and Dom really held down the fort all night. I have to give credit to MNDR or whatever her name is for her keyboards. It couldn't have been easy learning all of Nick's cues at such short notice but if I closed my eyes I wouldn't have known the difference. After seeing them twice this year now (luckily, the first time was with Nick), I'd easily rank them as one of my favorite live acts. A high energy, pop/rock show with everybody singing every note. Great crowd! A surprising mix of ages too.

After the big question mark that was Tokimonsta kicking things off with a laptop and screensaver graphics, Nile Rodgers and Chic delivered a nice opening set even if not completely my cup of tea. The guy is legendary and even came out to sign stuff for fans at the front.

Next up - Guns N' Roses!

So far this year just Black Sabbath ,Guns in Vegas and Iron Maiden as far as arena shows.Doing Guns again in August and most likely going with my girlfriend and a group to Pat Benatar.Had tickets to Kroq weenie Roast had to sell them day before ,kind of glad I did RHCP had to cancel just before showtime 

Bought my ticket today for Yelawolf's next tour (the guy in my avatar :lol:). Still debating whether to try and get a Gojira ticket too, but it's a month before Yela and both shows are in Vancouver (AKA an expensive ferry ride away), so it'll be a game-time decision on that one. As of now, this is all I've got lined up for the rest of the year:

GNR - August 12, Seattle
Alice Cooper - October 18, Victoria
Yelawolf - November 13, Vancouver

Runrig at the Edinburgh Castle. Pretty amazing! I'm not a big fan of their albums but live they simply become magic. There are other acts that sound better live than in the studio but I don't think there are any that improve to the extent that Runrig does.

Saw Deftones for the third time on Tuesday and had a fucking blast. Probably the best time I've seen them yet (partly because I didn't have to defend my tiny ex at this one, unlike the last two). Actually had a few surprises setlist wise and I spent the whole night on the rail, even high fived Chino when he dived in the crowd. Great night all around.

13912707_10209514807804971_1499046724903430696_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

They've been one of my favorite hard rock bands for years, the best live shows in the game with a totally underrated discography

Nice! They used to be one of my all-time favourite bands!

I just never digged the new lineup and albums, to me personally its been boring since 2004.

The music they put out in the 70's, 80's and 90's is still some of my favourites though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Nice! They used to be one of my all-time favourite bands!

I just never digged the new lineup and albums, to me personally its been boring since 2004.

The music they put out in the 70's, 80's and 90's is still some of my favourites though!

Sonic Boom & Monster are alright for new material, but the band focused almost entirely on the 70's and 80's during their concert, only exception being Psycho Circus

Paul Stanley's voice is getting a little shot, but Gene still sounds great for his age and they put on a great show for the crowd

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2016/amsoil-arena-duluth-mn-33fcb8c1.html

Edited by Gackt

12 hours ago, Gackt said:

Sonic Boom & Monster are alright for new material, but the band focused almost entirely on the 70's and 80's during their concert, only exception being Psycho Circus

Paul Stanley's voice is getting a little shot, but Gene still sounds great for his age and they put on a great show for the crowd

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2016/amsoil-arena-duluth-mn-33fcb8c1.html

Last time I saw them was in 2010, looks like somewhat the same setlist!

They always put on a good show.