Disheartening Adler interview - Slash/Duff doubt sobriety

"I love those guys, and I always will, but Duff, he doesn't think I'm cool," Adler said. "He doesn't think I'm a cool guy. This is what people tell me. And he doesn't think I'm cool, and that I'm not that great of a drummer. And Slash, he doesn't believe that I have 21 months and 21 days sober."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-roses-steven-adler-slash-and-duff-mckagan-dont-believe-i-am-21-months-sober/

He was great in Guns, his big smile etc....but drugs ruined his whole deal. Still like him and wish him the best, but no way he could survive a tour sober. Maybe a guest appearance at a gig or 2, that's it. Wouldn't be healthy for him.

And yeah- I doubt it's been 21 months sober. *I have no idea,. Don't know the dude, but just based on his track record.

• Like 1

Yeah well Axl would rather go with Matt than Steven.

Steven is a nice guy, I love him as a drummer, but he really needs to keep quiet in many cases, I can understand where he is coming from, he see's a friend in Slash and when Slash ignores him for whatever reasons, then Steven feels bad.

My suggestion to Steven would be that if you are actually sober and not going crazy, then give a call to duff and try to meet him, arrange for a couple of shows and show you are sober and all well.

I guess after reading this, Slash and Duff will keep more distance with Steven.

and the people who are saying Axl din't come to HOF cause of Steven, well I don't think so, he wouldn't have come anyways.

Yeah well Axl would rather go with Matt than Steven.

Steven is a nice guy, I love him as a drummer, but he really needs to keep quiet in many cases, I can understand where he is coming from, he see's a friend in Slash and when Slash ignores him for whatever reasons, then Steven feels bad.

My suggestion to Steven would be that if you are actually sober and not going crazy, then give a call to duff and try to meet him, arrange for a couple of shows and show you are sober and all well.

I guess after reading this, Slash and Duff will keep more distance with Steven.

and the people who are saying Axl din't come to HOF cause of Steven, well I don't think so, he wouldn't have come anyways.

per haps but after adler caled the current lineup at the time scabs, until then axl was open minded to it

Well, they are scabs. :shrugs: Steven never cared to walk on eggshells around Axl. I doubt Axl was ever open to the HOF situation. He would have never agreed if they wouldn't let him perform with his band instead of the inductees. The "scabs" were also never going to be inducted.

Steven would be the easy scapegoat there.

• Like 2

That sad truth is Adler couldn't handle a reunion. While it wouldn't be 1988 again, in a lot of ways it would probably feel like it was, and as a result he would probably fall off the wagon. I just don't think he could handle that kind of a rush, not without some kind of substance. In the end, I think he would start affecting the shows. I know a lot of folks around here really want a true appetite reunion, but I just don't think it's in the cards. Sorum is as close as it would get imo. Clearly not just Axl, but Duff and Slash all have doubts about him. Where there's smoke....

• Like 2

adler would be a major liability, just look at the way he talks, it's like hes 5 years old

he is so fucking stupid, he just talks and talks on whatever comes to mind, digging he's old grave

him mentioning Duff is judgemental is nails in the coffin, no shit he would be upset with you - running around like a drunk idiot, when Duff is now the complete opposite

Furthermore, Adler cannot be himself without Guns, meaning, this is the only thing he is holding on to for hope - he needs other shit to keep his mind on

complete fuckign idiot but what a great drummer back in the day

it's like he knows they aren't going to give him the nod so he's getting in his little gay cheap shots before

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

adler would be a major liability, just look at the way he talks, it's like hes 5 years old

he is so fucking stupid, he just talks and talks on whatever comes to mind, digging he's old grave

him mentioning Duff is judgemental is nails in the coffin, no shit he would be upset with you - running around like a drunk idiot, when Duff is now the complete opposite

Furthermore, Adler cannot be himself without Guns, meaning, this is the only thing he is holding on to for hope - he needs other shit to keep his mind on

it's like he knows they aren't going to give him the nod so he's getting in his little gay cheap shots before

Bro, can you low down the language you are using? and he is still a great drummer, check out his performances from Adler's Appetite or ADLER.

• Like 1

The drummer situation has always been one of the major problems with a GNR reunion. Given that we're all operating under the assumption that talks about a reunion have taken place on some levels, this interview and Frank still expecting to tour with GNR again add up...

In an ideal world Steven would be the preferred choice but then when it comes to the UYI tracks it's still not the 'proper' line up. And if Duff does doubt his sobriety and reliability when it comes to completing a world tour, then sadly that's something he shares with the rest of us.

I think it would be a case of history repeating itself. A reunion that starts with the AFD line up will end up without Steven and Izzy before long.

Bro, can you low down the language you are using? and he is still a great drummer, check out his performances from Adler's Appetite or ADLER.

maybe he's still a great drummer, but it still doesn't change the fact that he has zero tact - absolutely zilch

everytime he fucking speaks he pisses all of his ex bandmates off - over and over again

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Shut the fuck up Steven. First of all, he's going through things he THINKS he hears from other people. Thats never a good first sign. Second of all, they have reason to doubt your sobriety. They love you like a brother and you have repeatedly relapsed and let people down many times over, even once making it a spectacle on television. Obviously thats the addiction and sometimes a person can't do anything about that, but if thats the case YOU can't be upset that they don't trust your sobriety. Either thats your doing or its out of your hands, but even out your hands you have still relapsed. For them to just blindly trust you would be stupid of them. THEY are former junkies too!

Steven needs to shut his mouth. We all love ya dude, and your drumming on Appetite is outstanding. But you're lucky with what you've gotten so far, you're EXTREMELY lucky people bended over backwards to let you play during the HOF (which Sorum EASILY could have done) and you should thankful that people still care who you are. Opening your mouth anymore about the subject is only gonna make things worse, so for all of our sake, whether you're included in the reunion or not, just shut the fuck up.

• Like 2

A solution to the drummer sitaution should be for GNR to play a single show with the classic Appetite line up in a big stadium. And then for the tour replace Adler with Matt/Frank and if Izzy doesn't want to do the tour replace him with Gilby/Fortus.

• Like 2

Have you seen the language people use to talk about the new band or its members / ex-members?

On topic yeah, he should just shut up. He's not helping himself at all. And in the article what he says IS why they don't trust him.

In the end I pity the guy. He's made a fool of himself so many times...

Here was what stands out to me with his clearly damaged outlook

"I would probably feel like I would wanna kill myself, but I wouldn't. I would probably just kill them. [Laughs] 'Cause if I'm not doing it, they're not doing it. If I'm going down, they're going down."

I cringed reading this. Really he needs to stop talking about the others like this in public if he wants to retain friendships - I can see why Slash is 'busy' (to be fair though Slash is permanently working or on tour). His words about Duff conveyed really badly too although I can see from his perspective he views him as someone who should understand his addiction but doesn't seem to realise that Duff is a long time sober now, those days are probably a distant memory by now.