Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk discussing possible reunion.

Interesting that he kind of dumped on Duff and Slash... but then sort of tidied it up..

I honestly cant see him being on any great long reunion tour if it were to happen... i think his best chance is a couple of one off shows... there is just too much uncertainty over him and a lot of bullshit that the rest of them would want to avoid legally and/or personally...

• Like 1

Haha it's amazing how scared everyone is of mentioning Axl's name, it was like Duff this, Slash that...but nobody speculated on the most important member and his relationship with Steven. Axl's the wildcard here, he'll decide what happens and everyone will live with his decision.

The rumor that Steven heard they are already rehearsing seems ridiculous. Slash still has a lot going on this year, and I don't think they have been getting together to go over this, I imagine if its happening that these guys are talking over the phone and just trying to put the pieces together before getting together to play.

This interview won't set well with Duff, Slash, or Axl. They can handle people saying things negative about them but I promise you they won't like the feel of this interview and how it seemed like Trunk was taking advantage of Steven in a way. Essentially building him up and having him go after the other guys. I'll probably get called out for saying it but it seemed wrong to me. I understand they have known each other for a long time but you are messing with a guy who is unstable and possibly setting him up to see his dream slip away, Trunk just egged him on and it came across poorly in my opinion.

• Like 1

I like Matt more. Not sure why. Probably because I loved the UYI era of Guns.

Also Matt isn't whiny?

Sorry if its been posted already, I checked for it. Link below.

Summarizing, Steven hasn't heard anything official, only rumors. Trunk has heard some interesting things from a "very reliable source."

He sounds like he's dancing with Mr. Brownstone again. He's high there.

I wonder how accurate Trunk's hunch is of there being some kind of "all-star" tour in the works. At this point I don't really see what the big deal is with just using the UYI guys and having izzy and Steve come up on just a few occasions

Trunk did report that there was stuff going on behind the scenes quite a few months before Slash came out and admitted that he buried the hatchet with Axl. I would guess to create the most positive publicity they would want it to be the Appetite 5 starting out. Izzy is probably the biggest wild card of the bunch. It's not a real GN'R reunion without him. Band died when he quit in 1991.

Edited by GNRfan2008

I wonder how accurate Trunk's hunch is of there being some kind of "all-star" tour in the works. At this point I don't really see what the big deal is with just using the UYI guys and having izzy and Steve come up on just a few occasions

I love Eddie Trunk, but his hunches are fucking annoying me. A year ago he says "I hear there's something deep in the workings going on" (or something like that), then totally backs off and I said "I've just always said I THINK they'll get back together. I know nothing." Two completely contradictory statements, but fine I'll live with it. But he's been saying the second one for awhile now, so if he's going to now say he has actual sources that are really saying these things then he better be damn right. Or else he's just spreading gossip as well and is just as likely to blow the whole thing as anyone else. So put up or shut up Eddie, cause you're getting to be as annoying as Steven with GNR talk (I love everything else you do though).

As for Steven, I haven't heard the interview but no, I don't think he's high. Him and Eddie are old friends, and while Steven may have fallen off the wagon, maybe even recently, there's no way he'd show up high to an interview with a friend that has continually supported his sobriety. So either you're reading the interview wrong or just trying to make Steven look bad by making it up. But I doubt he's high on the air.

A reunion tour with no new album or songs would be extremely disappointing.

That old guys did several hundred shows together, millions of people have seen them live, and there are hundreds live performances on YouTube.

A reunion is nothing for me unless it involves new material. I'm not paying extra money to see Slash and Duff play It's So Easy live for the 500th time in their careers.

All Star tour as in there being another big name band included or in the GnR "band" featuring several performers?
  • Like 1

That old guys did several hundred shows together, millions of people have seen them live, and there are hundreds live performances on YouTube.

A reunion is nothing for me unless it involves new material. I'm not paying extra money to see Slash and Duff play It's So Easy live for the 500th time in their careers.

All Star tour as in there being another big name band included or in the GnR "band" featuring several performers?

GNR band featuring several performers. Eddie claims to have heard a possible plan of a reunion tour focusing mainly on the AFD guys but also including some of the UYI and CD line-ups to "help round off the sound," as he put it.

Personally that just sounds like a waste to me. Why have Fortus when u already got Izzy and/or Gilby? Why have Frank when u already got Matt and maybe also (tho unlikely) Steven? I'd say just pick a solid line-up and stick with it and just have izzy and Steve come up for a few tunes every once in a while

Accd to Trunk "my source says certain venues are reserved for next year".... Interesting.

That is indeed quite a bold statement, to say the least. I know some say he's blown things out of proportion in the past, but considering that he's one of a few to be on good terms with most of the Classic line-up, I don't think he'd be saying something so distinct unless there was really something to it. I just hope my gut feeling is right and that he really is telling the truth there

Edited by rocknroll41

GNR band featuring several performers. Eddie claims to have heard a possible plan of a reunion tour focusing mainly on the AFD guys but also including some of the UYI and CD line-ups to "help round off the sound," as he put it.

Personally that just sounds like a waste to me. Why have Fortus when u already got Izzy and/or Gilby? Why have Frank when u already got Matt and maybe also (tho unlikely) Steven? I'd say just pick a solid line-up and stick with it and just have izzy and Steve come up for a few tunes every once in a while

Interesting.

Would Slash, Duff and Izzy agree to that? Doesn't seem likely.

And that would sure cut into the paychecks of everybody. Splitting that paycheck with 10 guys instead if just five.

And yea, it just seems dumb. People either want a reunion or for Axl to release new music and tour. I don't think people would rather see a GnR show with 12 different members. That's about the least rock n roll idea I've heard in a long time.

Personally I believe that the most likely lineup that we're going to see is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Pittman and Frank. I think so because of this quote by Axl:

"Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

"I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion."

Steven Adler is pretty much out of the question, because none of the guys seem to consider him reliable. But if there's a reunion, I'm sure Adler is welcome to jam with them occasionally as a quest.

• Like 2

Adler's only chance is if he butters up Slash, Izzy, and Duff...then get the three of them to work on Axl. Seeing as he is bashing Slash/Duff, I'd say his chances are around a billion to one at this point. Dude just can't get out of his own way.

I wonder if this is all an act to make people cool-off on the classic reunion speculation. If it is in the works, Axl probably wouldn't want the surprise ruined. And if it is in the works, Steven would probably be used sparingly anyways (due to his issues) with Matt as the primary drummer?

I'm probably wrong, but if I wanted to keep this a surprise and talk was getting to be too much following Slash's revelations that he and Axl have talked, throwing some things like this out there wouldn't be a bad idea for getting the speculation to drop a bit

Edit: After listening to the interview I don't think that anymore ^^^^^^

Steven saying that Slash probably wouldn't let him know, because Slash knows he'd say something, sounds like a reasonable answer though

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Personally I believe that the most likely lineup that we're going to see is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Pittman and Frank. I think so because of this quote by Axl:

"Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

"I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion."

Steven Adler is pretty much out of the question, because none of the guys seem to consider him reliable. But if there's a reunion, I'm sure Adler is welcome to jam with them occasionally as a quest.

this is a very insightful post.. and it's very relevant to what's possible in the near future.. i think you may be right with this one..

Interesting info in that quote. When did Axl say this?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Here's the link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

Here's the link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

Thanks. That's crazy that as far back as 2011 he discussed that any sort of reunion would be with Slash and Duff over others like Izzy and Steven. And it makes sense. I get what Axl was saying