Gun Control/Rights Thread

RussTCB

There is a funny meme or whatever you call it that says the government did such a wonderful job with their war on drugs, we should all trust that they will do a great job if they they now go after gun ownership.

Clearly allowing tragedies like this or Newtown to continuing happening is the answer.

If any of you crazy fuckers ever flip and go out and turn over a bunch of innocent people I just wanna make it clear here and now for the record that nothing i have ever said on this forum has been geared towards or designed to provoke this kind of reaction, Miser, I'm looking at you :lol: Peace Love and Ringo boys and girls, keep some sunshine on your face, none of your lives are worthless and neither are none of your neighbours, thank you!

Edited by Len B'stard

Guns don't kill people, people kill people...................... yet the country with the most perverse attitude towards gun in the world is the leader among gun related deaths. All the cute catch phrases mean fuck all when the reality is America's attitude towards guns is completely fucked up and until that changes this shit will always happen and in fact just continue to get worse while the rest of the world actually moves towards preventing these types of things and has been relatively successful in doing so. Something has got to give in the USA at some point and I'm not even talking about a gun ban(which I'm not for), simply talking about an an attitude adjustment.

• Like 1

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51444

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

ROSEBURG, OR—In the hours following a violent rampage in southwestern Oregon in which a lone attacker killed 13 individuals and seriously injured 20 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Thursday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Ohio resident Lindsay Bennett, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past six years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 1

There is a funny meme or whatever you call it that says the government did such a wonderful job with their war on drugs, we should all trust that they will do a great job if they they now go after gun ownership.

Clearly allowing tragedies like this or Newtown to continuing happening is the answer.

Said nobody ever.

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

If 20 children being murdered is not going to change things, nothing will. We can talk about background checks and mental health all day long, but there are people who go their whole lives without any red flags, so even if we have better background checks and mental health care, it is still, forgive the expression, like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

There is only one hard solution and everyone is afraid to talk about it. Sometimes, you just have to make sacrifices.

• Like 3

It's hard to say what the problem is, and harder to say what he solution is.

But a couple of things never change and one is liberals thinking gun control will help, the other being gun owners claiming all guns are ok.

Both being wrong, IMHO.

ironic that there were 20 gun murders in the city I live in over the last 2 months, but somehow the fact that they were separated and not all related to the same incident and somehow therefor they are not mass shootings, or addressed.

No one has any answers, but I have one.

You have 2 months to turn in your unregistered weapon.

Starting in two months if you are caught in possession of an unregistered weapon, maybe doing nothing else wrong, just a traffic stop or bag search and one is found on you or with you.... 15 years, no questions, no parole.

If you get caught with one in the commission of a crime, robbery, dealing drugs, assault, whatever,

25 years no questions no parole.

If you kill someone with a gun, tried and executed, no questions no parole.

In addition at the end of that two month amnesty to get rid of them, if anyone turns someone in that has one $10,000.oo dollar reward, annonomously.

So the entire culture of having a gun will turn from cool to fool.

People having guns will be or should be known as just a fool headed for disaster, no other way to put it.

The rest is just obvious, background checks and mental health follow ups on disturbed people, mainly loners and people of the creepy ill.

And I see no good reason for anyone to own an assault weapon, ban those entirely.

Because you are not going to outlaw handgun or hunting rifle ownership in this country, no way no how,

Edited by shades
  • Like 3

It's hard to say what the problem is, and harder to say what he solution is.

But a couple of things never change and one is liberals thinking gun control will help, the other being gun owners claiming all guns are ok.

Both being wrong, IMHO.

ironic that there were 20 gun murders in the city I live in over the last 2 months, but somehow the fact that they were separated and not all related to the same incident and somehow therefor they are not mass shootings, or addressed.

No one has any answers, but I have one.

You have 2 months to turn in your unregistered weapon.

Starting in two months if you are caught in possession of an unregistered weapon, maybe doing nothing else wrong, just a traffic stop or bag search and one is found on you or with you.... 15 years, no questions, no parole.

If you get caught with one in the commission of a crime, robbery, dealing drugs, assault, whatever,

25 years no questions no parole.

If you kill someone with a gun, tried and executed, no questions no parole.

In addition at the end of that two month amnesty to get rid of them, if anyone turns someone in that has one $10,000.oo dollar reward, annonomously.

So the entire culture of having a gun will turn from cool to fool.

People having guns will be or should be known as just a fool headed for disaster, no other way to put it.

The rest is just obvious, background checks and mental health follow ups on disturbed people, mainly loners and people of the creepy ill.

And I see no good reason for anyone to own an assault weapon, ban those entirely.

Because you are not going to outlaw handgun or hunting rifle ownership in this country, no way no how,

Who are you and what have you done with Shades? :lol: seriously though, you made a lot of really good points there. :thumbsup:

I saw the footage of Obama whining that these shootings have become routine and he can't do anything about it because congress is cock blocking him. I wouldn't mind early elections lol, get this guy out of office. He has zero credibility on the matter.

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

Fuckin 4chan.. Ive checked it out a couple times cause of all the stories that seem to come from there, and that place is just a breeding ground for evil. The stuff that you see n read on there, n the fuckin wierdos that are on there, just blows you away. It just breeds all of humanity's worst qualities. Whenever ive been on, n thats really not a lot, ive seen multiple stories of guys murdering people/gfs, carrying out shootings etc and then they post the shit on 4chan afterwards n shit. Its just unreal. You go about your day sometimes, thinking, this world isnt that bad... Then you remember theres a place like 4chan. Mental.

I've no problem with the idea of a place like 4chan where sort of anything goes, say what you want etc., but it attracts the worst sort of folk.

Edited by MrShankly

Now they are asking all the politicians running for President what they would do to stop this?

There is nothing you can do that will protect everyone 100% of the time.

Even if you have armed guards in all the schools, there's no guarantee that it would stop these crazy people.

It's sad but true.

I know living in Dallas, there's not much security anywhere. I mean you can go into a movie theatre or a mall and no one is looking at anyone's handbags or backpacks at all.

The DWF airport doesn't even have the people who give you the tickets for parking anymore. you could easily drive a car there and leave it and no one would know anything.

It's a scary world we live in. It sucks but face it, there is no way to stop everyone who plans on doing something evil.

I can't imagine what these family members are going through. To lose a child has to be the worse thing in the world.

And that teacher who saved his students and lost his life, what a brave man he was.