Axl Rose is Not Guns N' Roses says Jessie Hughes

Jessie Hughes from the hard-rocking Eagles of Death Metal has accused Axl Rose of buying into the myth that he is he living incarnation of Guns N’ Roses.

"Axl Rose unfairly – and incorrectly – is identified as ‘Guns N’ Roses.’ And I take umbrage to that. To me, Guns N’ Roses is Duff McKagan, Izzy f**kin’ Stradlin, Slash, and Steve Adler, and then Axl. When Axl was alone in the band, it was just ‘G n’ R.’ The ‘uns’ and the ‘oses’ became Velvet Revolver"

“I think if Guns N’ Roses really wants to play again, then Axl should grow the f**k up, and let THE Guns N’ Roses play. And that ain’t gonna happen unless it’s the actual members. Unless you want to turn Guns N’ Roses into a band like Menudo, or if it’s trying to turn it into Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. I mean, the Ringling brothers are dead, but you can still go to their circus, I guess.”

“You know what man, every year, since Axl Rose fired us from the tour, I have sent him a very sincere request – around Christmas time – inviting him to come in the studio and record two Christmas songs, and be released as ‘The Pigeons Of Sh*t Metal.’ And I always close it with a very judgmental, ‘Because I want you to know Axl, I’m willing to forgive you, and I feel like the rest of the world is, too.'”

“Nobody gets more excited about the thought of the Appetite for Destruction lineup coming back together than me. I would retire from touring because I wouldn’t want to go up against that. You know what I’m saying? And then I would follow them like I was a Deadhead. Like I would just go to every show.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2464658/axl-rose-is-not-guns-n-roses-snarls-spurned-guitarist/

I wonder if it's true about Tommy throwing his bass down (who invited them on the tour) when Axl made the comment, storming off stage, and Axl throwing the bass at Stinson after he said that. This would have been the Cleveland 2006 show if you want to track a bootleg of it down.

Edited by dalsh327

I think Axl WOULD have the right to call it GnR without the other guys if:

- He had founded the band from the start, and owned the name from the beginning or;

- Everyone left, not because of him, but for other reasons, leaving him alone to go on with the project, and there was no contract saying he could or could not continue with the brand name.

Since none of those conditions were actually granted, on the contrary, actually, well, you get it...

• Like 1

Two bands giving up touring for a GNR reunion. Axl must do a lot of thinking,

Imagine a world where GnR is GnR, Corey Taylor doesn't tour anymore and neither does the Pigeons of Shit Metal... hell,more bands should do this. Throw in Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine while you're at it!

• Like 1

I don't know, man. Corey is one of the best frontmen out there and few bands can play a show with the same intensity as Slipknot. Eagles of Death Metal and the other bands you mentioned suck but Corey and his bands are awesome. :)

I agree Slipknot puts on a hell of a show but I'm not a huge fan of Corey... Or Slipknot's music

He is absolutely right. That said, it is not his fault that he's legally able to call his ridiculous band "Guns N' Roses." The man had no shame in prostituting and ridiculing the name, but he owns it. All we can do is sit, watch, and laugh.

Hey, you better watch it. Fernando won't ever come back here and give us valuable information if you keep talking like that. ; )

Jessie Hughes from the hard-rocking Eagles of Death Metal has accused Axl Rose of buying into the myth that he is he living incarnation of Guns N’ Roses.

"Axl Rose unfairly – and incorrectly – is identified as ‘Guns N’ Roses.’ And I take umbrage to that. To me, Guns N’ Roses is Duff McKagan, Izzy f**kin’ Stradlin, Slash, and Steve Adler, and then Axl. When Axl was alone in the band, it was just ‘G n’ R.’ The ‘uns’ and the ‘oses’ became Velvet Revolver"

“I think if Guns N’ Roses really wants to play again, then Axl should grow the f**k up, and let THE Guns N’ Roses play. And that ain’t gonna happen unless it’s the actual members. Unless you want to turn Guns N’ Roses into a band like Menudo, or if it’s trying to turn it into Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. I mean, the Ringling brothers are dead, but you can still go to their circus, I guess.”

“You know what man, every year, since Axl Rose fired us from the tour, I have sent him a very sincere request – around Christmas time – inviting him to come in the studio and record two Christmas songs, and be released as ‘The Pigeons Of Sh*t Metal.’ And I always close it with a very judgmental, ‘Because I want you to know Axl, I’m willing to forgive you, and I feel like the rest of the world is, too.'”

“Nobody gets more excited about the thought of the Appetite for Destruction lineup coming back together than me. I would retire from touring because I wouldn’t want to go up against that. You know what I’m saying? And then I would follow them like I was a Deadhead. Like I would just go to every show.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2464658/axl-rose-is-not-guns-n-roses-snarls-spurned-guitarist/

Jesse who?

Ah, ok. I google'd him.

It's funny how he's so high and mighty about it now, yet he didn't mind opening for Axl to get some publicity for his band.

Ps.

I'm not saying he's wrong. Just that he needs to stop being a hypocrite.

• Like 1