Axl Rose is Not Guns N' Roses says Jessie Hughes

Why should we care what this guy says?

This is also true....

In fact why should we give a damn what rockstar saying anything about Axl, or GNR?

Most of the time, these are just opportunities for a clickbait article, promotion for an upcoming album/tour from those artists

This is just marketing, nothing more. Maybe they honestly speak what they are thinking about Axl/GNR but the whole point of these articles is what i just wrote

Bless him. You can tell being fired by Axl was the most exciting thing ever to happen to him.

I think Axl should take up the Christmas single offer - they could all wear Welcome to the Jingle jumpers.

No, not really. The dude estabilished relative success with a joke sounding band and some decent songwriting skills ( and yeah, Josh Homme's talent was not hurt either)

This dude is regularly collaborate with other people, so the Christmas song idea is not anything unusual from him

I actually wonder if people who talk shit about this guy, knows that the QOTSA frontman is the other stable band member/collaborator or if they like QOTSA and yet don't like Pigeons of Shit Metal :lol:

No one heard of them until they were kicked off the tour (other than it being one of Homme's side projects), so I'm sure Jesse is happy they got publicity out of it, but how much of a fuckup do you have to be to get kicked off a Guns N' Roses tour?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse started talking shit about GNR loud enough for Axl to hear. You have to be a real fuckup or an ungratefui prick to lose that gig.

o really?

Remember how GNR was talking shit about Iron Maiden and get kicked out from that tour? :lol: or the touring with Mötley Crüe/performing with Vince Neil and then Shotgun Blues? or the stadium tour with Metallica or touring with Faith No More?

or how Axl wanted tour with Kurt and Kurt just mock him, because he doesn't give a fuck about GNR?

The world doesn't revolve around Axl's opinion about some band (and this is vica versa)

Edited by Strange Broue

My personal view may differ from most. I believe that the original GNR is not an individual person. It took all of them to make the band what they did. Popcorn aka Mr. Alder chose to not only put his self in danger but to put the band in danger my his choice of submission to his addictions. Not saying he was the only one using but he was the first to become a non functioning addict and had to be sacrificed so that the band could continue. It does not make him any less a part of the GNR foundation.

Due to the paths they all traveled to climb the hill of fame I feel that it bonded them for life. I see the new GNR as a business and the old GNR as more of family toward one another.

My personal view may differ from most. I believe that the original GNR is not an individual person. It took all of them to make the band what they did. Popcorn aka Mr. Alder chose to not only put his self in danger but to put the band in danger my his choice of submission to his addictions. Not saying he was the only one using but he was the first to become a non functioning addict and had to be sacrificed so that the band could continue. It does not make him any less a part of the GNR foundation.

Due to the paths they all traveled to climb the hill of fame I feel that it bonded them for life. I see the new GNR as a business and the old GNR as more of family toward one another.

Slash was so junked up he was seeing little demons. He ran through a holiday resort stark bollock naked, fleeing these little demons.

Slash was so junked up he was seeing little demons. He ran through a holiday resort stark bollock naked, fleeing these little demons.

Drugs will make you see crazy shit. lol I honestly dont know many who lived thru the 80's my self included who never fought addiction. Its a mental war that cant be fought physically. they seem to have rose above it

The old guns started as a band / gang and eventually morphed into big business when the success hit, they all splintered in different directions and the gang mentality was no more. Going back on old interviews they were just as likely to swipe at each other as they were to say something about another band. The new Gnr are a continuation of that business, they never were or ever will be a gang or bonded in the same way, but they perform at a high enough standard that it doesn't really matter if they hang backstage or not.

Totally agree on the Steven thing, even though I will always say that he is a great drummer (for what it is that he does).

The old guns started as a band / gang and eventually morphed into big business when the success hit, they all splintered in different directions and the gang mentality was no more. Going back on old interviews they were just as likely to swipe at each other as they were to say something about another band. The new Gnr are a continuation of that business, they never were or ever will be a gang or bonded in the same way, but they perform at a high enough standard that it doesn't really matter if they hang backstage or not.

Totally agree on the Steven thing, even though I will always say that he is a great drummer (for what it is that he does).

well said! i also contribute the rise to fame at such an accelerated level coupled with the young age of all the band as another factor in the destruction of the original GNR. Fame is awarded to all at a very large price. The famous loose the privacy many of us take for granted. Simple things like going to Walmart or the ability to fight your own inner demons without public view does not exist for the famous. If you or I fall prey to our own weakness no one knows but those who saw it happen but for them it becomes world news. Fame is highly over rated in my opinion. I enjoy busting a laugh at people in Walmart dressed in camo sleepy pants with furry ninja turtle house shoes that simple sight is something the famous can not view.

If Axl became distant...wouldn't you want to distant yourself from heroin, crack, & coke users? I know I would. It is amazing that none of them ended up dead.

addiction is a bitch you distance is all you can do or you will be drug down your self. people use free will to justify or feed the addiction and all those in their life suffer because they cant same them.

• Like 1

Yet he never missed a show and showed up to rehearsals and was able to play....... :shrugs:

Yet he never missed a show and showed up to rehearsals and was able to play....... :shrugs:

You just get into the high and create the sounds it simply becomes a way of life. Anyone who has ever had an addiction knows you push hard to stay functioning while you use. Once you pass the point of being able to work shit goes down hill fast. In the beginning before GNR was big back when they were just trying to make it is when the addictions began. The amount of success and money they got came quick. The culture shock and the power they struggled with did alot to feed the dysfunctional life they led while trying to find some sort of balance and adjusting to how life was going to be. I admire them for finding the best calm they could for the storm that of life that engulfed them. Personally I dont know how anyone would be able to handle all that change.

It's like people that have been whining and crying for decades that KISS isn't KISS without Ace and Peter; the band's still gonna go on like clockwork as long as Gene and Paul are alive :lol:

As in the functioning of my innards after a dodgy Prawn Madras?

It's like people that have been whining and crying for decades that KISS isn't KISS without Ace and Peter; the band's still gonna go on like clockwork as long as Gene and Paul are alive :lol:

This is a very true point. In all honesty I would never completely rule out a reunite however I wont believe there will be one until I see it fall right out of both Axl and Slash's mouth. I am more than certain that if there was one it would gross more if not as much as the use your illusion tour. But on that same note, Im old school GNR I am 48 yrs old and spent 10 yrs working in the music industry between the 80-90's. Based on my own view of the business I can honestly say that there does come a time when MUSIC is not all that matters. There comes a time when the price of fame has robbed you of all your privacy and the money becomes in many ways an embarrassment. They come to a point to where some sort of normalcy in life is all they desire so it is just my opinion for what its worth but I say if they did to a reunite tour it would be the last kind of like one goodbye kiss for all of us who stuck with them.

More irrelevant musicians saying extreme things like "I'll quit if GNR reunites" to get their irrelevant names in headlines.

He is pretty relevant so as Corey Taylor (not only the rap and hip-hop and pop artists are relevant)

Btw the "ill'l l quit" part was from the Corey interview, this article is messed up

This whole idea of "relevant" is laughable btw

More irrelevant musicians saying extreme things like "I'll quit if GNR reunites" to get their irrelevant names in headlines.

thats ok they should quit if originals come back slash and duff can hold their own with the guitars

If only Axl had Adderall.

Yeah I guess it still hurts what Axl saidn about his band.

But he has new album coming out so he takes an easy route to promote it - talking shit about other musicians. Also I love how he puts Axl in the last place in GN'R. And Axl like almost every singer and major songwriter is responsbile for GN'R music to resonate with people.

Right, Jesse Hughes, of the world famous side project of some guy, is relevant, but only Pitchforkers know of Fetty Wap.

well, yes

on another note: i really don't understand this constant demand for "relevancy" here on a GNR forum in 2015...

Y'know this is a forum for a rock band, therefore even Jesse Hughes can be relevant on a rock bands forum (as it seems, most of the fans hate him here, not my problem)

Why don't you go to the RELEVANT artists forums and mock literally everyone over there?

Btw Fetty Wap has nothing to do with this topic and you still mad at my response over borki's trolling on a another GNR forum, congrats

I guess the name war ended well for both of you

Edited by Strange Broue

Right, Jesse Hughes, of the world famous side project of some guy, is relevant, but only Pitchforkers know of Fetty Wap.

well, yes

on another note: i really don't understand this constant demand for "relevancy" here on a GNR forum in 2015...

Y'know this is a forum for a rock band, therefore even Jesse Hughes can be relevant on a rock bands forum (as it seems, most of the fans hate him here, not my problem)

Why don't you go to the RELEVANT artists forums and mock literally everyone over there?

Btw Fetty Wap has nothing to do with this topic and you still mad at my response over borki's trolling on a another GNR forum, congrats

I guess the name war ended well for both of you

Let me break down why you're wrong about everything, as usual.

-I'm not demanding relevancy. I'm simply pointing out the trend of irrelevant musicians talking about GNR to get their names in the headlines. I'm not calling them good or bad, just saying that the reason they do this is to elevate their irrelevant names. Even if he were relevant to us rock fans, my point remains, as no one in the real world cares about him, and he's clearly just latching onto the GNR train to get some publicity. It's not about what I think, it's about the facts.

-Fetty Wap's song "Trap Queen" hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and he's performed it on Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and the BET Awards. But I guess only Pitchfork readers know what those are? I brought him up because it's an example of your blatant stupidity in regards to what's relevant and what "only hipsters know about/listen to". The fact that Broski is the one who initially mentioned him means nothing. I can use someone's point without liking the person.

Now I wait for you to come back, fail to read/understand my post due to your illiteracy, and reply with more nonsense.

Edited by bacardimayne