Terminator Franchise (New film on the way)

RussTCB

Terminator Franchise on Hold Indefinitely
News Simon Brew 10/2/2015

It looks like Terminator Genisys may indeed have done major damage to plans for a new Terminator trilogy...

If all had gone to plan, then this summer’s Terminator Genisys, directed by Alan Taylor, would have been the catalyst for a new trilogy of films in the series. Genisys directly teased the next installment, and the like of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Matt Smith were contracted to star in it.

But all did not go to plan.

Terminator Genisys attracted, with good reason, some of the most savage reviews of the summer, and the $150 million blockbuster (not including marketing) didn’t break the $100 million mark in the US. More recently, it’s proved a hit in China, although Paramount gets a lower percentage of the ticket take there. But still, its global box office take of $440 million (a quarter of which came from China) could have been enough for Terminator Genisys 2 to happen.

However, the dislike for the new movie may have dealt a fatal blow.

The Hollywood Reporter is now saying that the Terminator movie franchise is “on hold definitely.” There’s been no formal announcement from Paramount or producer David Ellison, but things would need to get moving soon to have a further Terminator adventure in cinemas in two years. Yet it looks like the new trilogy plans may have gone the same way as Terminator Salvation and its planned follow-ups.

Where that leaves the Terminator movies long term remains to be seen. It was a costly endeavour just to get the rights to make them, so we’d assume we’ve not seen the last of the series. But the fact that the less good Terminator films now seem to outnumber the good ones is telling in itself.

We’ll keep you posted…

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/terminator/249498/terminator-franchise-on-hold-indefinitely

Yeah the new Terminator movie was not up to the mark, it was a one time watch, TBH I wouldn't mind another Terminator movie, I really love the Franchise and I was eagerly waiting for it, lets hope we get another movie by 2018 or so.

Not surprised in the least. I figured the disappointing box office and awful reviews would take their toll on the franchise. Talk about a mess of a franchise. I always liked T3 but as far as trying to make sense of a timeline I think I'll pretend only 1 and 2 exist.

They could have came to this conclusion with Salvation.

definitely. just let the franchise die already although it wont they will no doubt reboot, remake, reinterpret it for decades to come.

Batman was in the shitter as well. I think the terminator universe is interesting and there's maybe more there to say. We never got a great modern Terminator movie. It would be a shame to never get that.

Edited by Rovim

For some reason they are hung up with having Arnold in these movies. He's getting old, his film career has been over since 1999. If they are going to reboot it, find someone else.

Arnold is probably the only thing that actually saved this movie. They saw what happened when they made one without him and it ended up even worse.

• Like 1

For some reason they are hung up with having Arnold in these movies. He's getting old, his film career has been over since 1999. If they are going to reboot it, find someone else.

Arnold is probably the only thing that actually saved this movie. They saw what happened when they made one without him and it ended up even worse.

I think what happened was not because Arnold wasn't there. The movie sucked. Still doesn't change the fact he's getting old, he is not and never was a good actor and the franchise can go on without him imo.

It just takes a lot of elements to make it work. Like what Nolan did with Batman. (first 2 movies)

Edited by Rovim

Oh he was in it. Remember?

This is all I want:

FIkOBdmjz3Ndno_1_a.jpg

Really hoping Genisys won't stop this becoming a reality :(

i have been hoping for this forever

king conan with arnold would be terrific

They made a new Conan in 2011. It sucked

that was the worst movie ever

the first one with arnold is great

there is so much terrific conan material out there that can be taken to the screen...

and arnold is a perfect fit

• Like 1

It shouldn't be called The Terminator if it doesn't has Arnold in it.