Terminator Franchise (New film on the way)

RussTCB

• 4 weeks later...

John Connor is so dead. So dead. Written out like a useless sitcom character.

Which makes sense. The common factor of all three poor Terminator films is they were about John Connor; the messiah. I don't think that ever really translated, though. John Connor works as a myth but not as the lead of a film.

On 2018-08-02 at 4:04 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Is he in the new film? Are they gonna explain his elderlyness using the same excuse they did for the last reboot? Organic tissue or whatever?

James Cameron said they might explore the idea of Arnold’s character being the architect of the T-800 in order to explain why his likeness was used for all of them. Otherwise I expect a similar organic tissue explanation, which I actually didn’t mind. Photos of him are starting to pop up from the set and he looks just as good as he did in Genisys. He’s back in the gym too so I reckon all is well with his heart.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:04 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Is he in the new film? Are they gonna explain his elderlyness using the same excuse they did for the last reboot? Organic tissue or whatever?

well, that's actually something explained in the first film. The T-800 was starting to smell, its flesh was descomposing. So the skin it's alive, it can age.
@James Bond comment it's totally true and very interesting, and I always felt curious about that detail. I remember they were thinking on hiring Robert Patrick for T Salvation 2, they wanted him to be a scientist.

Arnie is growing a beard now and he is not dyeing his hair, so... we are getting a bearded terminator, or he is going to be a human in this movie (or both, who knows)

I have my own theory. He is a T-800 that was sent before the one in T2 and he has been secretly taking care of Sarah/John for a lifetime

• 3 weeks later...

Outside of Cameron, the one thing that gives me lots of hope is the fact that production is running for close to six months. That's a long shoot in today's age. It suggests they are going to take lots of time to get things done instead of filming the whole thing in eight weeks in front of green screens.

What is worrisome is that there's been so many writers on the film that there's a real danger that it will wind up coming off like a Transformer movie. All you really needed was a good concept and Cameron to write the whole thing. 

On 2018-09-07 at 12:54 PM, appetite4illusions said:

Outside of Cameron, the one thing that gives me lots of hope is the fact that production is running for close to six months. That's a long shoot in today's age. It suggests they are going to take lots of time to get things done instead of filming the whole thing in eight weeks in front of green screens.

What is worrisome is that there's been so many writers on the film that there's a real danger that it will wind up coming off like a Transformer movie. All you really needed was a good concept and Cameron to write the whole thing. 

That’s one of my concerns too. Lots of writers so even though the story is Cameron’s you can’t help but feel like he should have written the whole script too.

• 3 weeks later...