Rolling Stone published letter to Indonesian President from Axl your thoughts?

Axl all but begged for the Indonesian President to spare the people rather than use them to prove a point or a cause of fear. The President executed all but the woman involved. Sadly that in my view is mis=use of ones power that is granted as part of the position in life. I feel so sorry for these people who knows the lives they could have changed by the story the could have told. These people could have been a positive role model to others that could be headed down a wrong path in life. The fact that a single man who bleeds red and puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us used his fame to lend aid to others is the best you can do. Being rich and famous and not helping others would be a selfish and shallow existence.

I have said before that I feel that the old mature Axl is a different man than big bad rocker dude Axl. I read the letter today and I was left almost in tears at the compassion he showed for people he had never met. I my self believe in forgiveness and giving people a chance to prove they have changed. It is a simple task that so many choose to not allow others.

This is a side to the once renowned hot head that I like. I like the new humble caring man way better than the man he was back in the day. I feel that he has found inner peace and this comment is coming from a person that is half Irish and half Indian coupled with the fact that I am a born and bred Texan. I know all about inner wars within ones own skin. It is not easy to overcome wars within self or family weather your a victim or the started of the feud.

Im all for positive life changes from anyone and everyone.

Axl all but begged for the Indonesian President to spare the people rather than use them to prove a point or a cause of fear. The President executed all but the woman involved. Sadly that in my view is mis=use of ones power that is granted as part of the position in life. I feel so sorry for these people who knows the lives they could have changed by the story the could have told. These people could have been a positive role model to others that could be headed down a wrong path in life. The fact that a single man who bleeds red and puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us used his fame to lend aid to others is the best you can do. Being rich and famous and not helping others would be a selfish and shallow existence.

I have said before that I feel that the old mature Axl is a different man than big bad rocker dude Axl. I read the letter today and I was left almost in tears at the compassion he showed for people he had never met. I my self believe in forgiveness and giving people a chance to prove they have changed. It is a simple task that so many choose to not allow others.

This is a side to the once renowned hot head that I like. I like the new humble caring man way better than the man he was back in the day. I feel that he has found inner peace and this comment is coming from a person that is half Irish and half Indian coupled with the fact that I am a born and bred Texan. I know all about inner wars within ones own skin. It is not easy to overcome wars within self or family weather your a victim or the started of the feud.

I feel the need to point out that Axl is the same man he's always been, or at least the same man he's always shown to the public. If you have a negative opinion of him as a young man then you only know the media's side of the story and never paid close attention to his lyrics and the things he says in interviews.

I feel the need to point out that Axl is the same man he's always been, or at least the same man he's always shown to the public. If you have a negative opinion of him as a young man then you only know the media's side of the story and never paid close attention to his lyrics and the things he says in interviews.

oh no i dont hold a bad opinion of him in your years. I have been a fan of his in beginning it was the music that drew me to him but the more I saw videos of interviews or attended concers the more i respected him for his strength that it took to come out about his childhood situations. Im a firm believer that if you confess something that caused you to have problems then the thing that caused the problems no longer has the hold on you that it once did. what i was referring to is that i like this new axl because he seems to have calmed the inner wars that raged inside of him. he seems more at peace. that is all i ment the angrgy or depressed axl was taking over while he was healing. im sure that there is some mental anguish in him but i see where he has fought and won the wars that were causing the outburst

Edited by skybluzcu

I wouldn't call it misuse of power as much as it is misguided and not wanting to come off as weak. If he didn't let it happen, they'd probably kick him out of office.

So when someone like Springsteen or Dixie Chicks or whoever has been politically controversial, should they use that fame to voice an opinion or should they just "shut up n' sing"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3061755/Inside-Indonesia-s-war-drugs-President-says-crack-ice-heroin-epidemic-ravaging-country-4-MILLION-addicts-rich-powerful-avoid-death-sent-rehab.html

I think he's grown -- as most people do, if they want to keep thriving. He's the same person, but you don't hear about him engaging in some of the more destructive behaviors he had in the past. And he copped to those on his own. In fact, he's said himself that he has done a lot of therapy, both conventional and unconventional, to work on issues he feels he has, like anger management and attitudes toward women. Just looking at him in interviews from 1987 to 1991 to the recent Jimmy Kimmel one, he seems as though he's more settled within himself and that's been a work in progress.

As far as his letter goes, it's great that he's politically aware and felt strongly enough to write about it.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

I think he's grown -- as most people do, if they want to keep thriving. He's the same person, but you don't hear about him engaging in some of the more destructive behaviors he had in the past. And he copped to those on his own. In fact, he's said himself that he has done a lot of therapy, both conventional and unconventional, to work on issues he feels he has, like anger management and attitudes toward women. Just looking at him in interviews from 1987 to 1991 to the recent Jimmy Kimmel one, he seems as though he's more settled within himself and that's been a work in progress.

As far as his letter goes, it's great that he's politically aware and felt strongly enough to write about it.

you verbed that so much better than me. thank you. i like the new axl and admire the strength it took to come out in the eye of the public. once you voice the demons that have a hold on you then they no long have the power over you they once had. to me, he has grown and i can see from what i see it is for the best.,

To me that personal growth is on CD and that's why or part of why I like it. People may not agree with what he does or like the music but he's grown as an artist and that is cool, it's like you're on a journey. I'm still interested in what he puts out because it's relevant or he can touch on things you might relate to.

• Like 1