Gilby Clarke on the Reunion: "I don't think it's going to happen"

Why would Gilby have anything to do with a reunion anyway. It's either a full reunion with Izzy included or a half-reunion with Slash, Duff and Fortus. A half-reunion with Gilby wouldn't make any sense. The general public doesn't care about Gilby any more than they care about Fortus.

^This

It shouldn't be overlooked that Axl always considered Gilby to just be a temp.

• Like 1

If Izzy bails out, then they should really call Gilby, he can actually play

Trunk may be blowing hot air, but I HOPE he's right, because I'd love to see Gilby and Matt come out and do some breaks like this. And whether it's UYI or AFD lineup, Dizzy will be involved either way.

Why would anyone want a hack like Fortus over Gilby Clarke?

Man I hope you're kidding..

No I'm not. Fortus is a reminder to Slash etc of the hideous 'nugnr' era. He is inherently an 'Axl man'. If you are doing a reunion then do it right and sweep away the garbage hack era. Gilby recorded a studio album and was chosen by Slash. He toured with the old band behind one of the old band's albums so therefore at least carries a connection with that era.

• Like 1

No I'm not. Fortus is a reminder to Slash etc of the hideous 'nugnr' era. He is inherently an 'Axl man'. If you are doing a reunion then do it right and sweep away the garbage hack era. Gilby recorded a studio album and was chosen by Slash. He toured with the old band behind one of the old band's albums so therefore at least carries a connection with that era.

So Slash might get a sore ass if Fortus is around to remind him that Axl's band used to exist? That's your reason? :lol:

So Slash might get a sore ass if Fortus is around to remind him that Axl's band used to exist? That's your reason? :lol:

In a sense, yes. Why would anyone want to combine leeches with a reunited line-up like some freakish Frankenstein monster hybrid. i do not want to see any of these nugnr wankers near legends like Slash and Duff. Slash has never played with Fortus. Why should he be expected to play with somebody he has never played with?

• Like 1

I doubt Gilby would be asked back. I never really think of him as a GNR member, just a fill in for Izzy.

If he was just a 'fill in for Izzy' then what does that make nugnr members who have never even played on a studio album? The 'fill in for Izzy' is just Axl revisionism. When Slash recruited him he intended him to be a full time member.

the truth of the matter is there hasn't been any reunion talk

the fact Axl has started to let go of the grudge against Slash is amazing enough

you gotta give Axl some breathing room for awhile you don't want to pressure him with reunion talks and i think band members know this so its probably not even been brought up yet

it will in due time but i don't think it happens this year(2016)...i see 2017 being possible

In a sense, yes. Why would anyone want to combine leeches with a reunited line-up like some freakish Frankenstein monster hybrid. i do not want to see any of these nugnr wankers near legends like Slash and Duff. Slash has never played with Fortus. Why should he be expected to play with somebody he has never played with?

Because that's fucking business. Why should Fortus lose the job when he's more than capable if Izzy isn't up to it? Would Slash really be so petty as to bitch about Fortus, a guy absolutely no one (bar you and Miser) has ever had a negative opinion towards, simply because he performed with Axl prior to the reunion?

I mean, I can see the logic behind "Gilby was in the old band and Fortus wasnt", but "no Fortus because he dared to play with Axl before" not so much.

And lol at calling Duff a legend.

• Like 1

Because that's fucking business. Why should Fortus lose the job when he's more than capable if Izzy isn't up to it? Would Slash really be so petty as to bitch about Fortus, a guy absolutely no one (bar you and Miser) has ever had a negative opinion towards, simply because he performed with Axl prior to the reunion?

I mean, I can see the logic behind "Gilby was in the old band and Fortus wasnt", but "no Fortus because he dared to play with Axl before" not so much.

Fortus has never played with Slash. Surely the experience with Slash and Tobias will teach you that you cannot just chuck one guy in the same band with another and expect them to gel? Fortus would not be losing his job since a 'reunion' would entail just that, a reunion, i.e. a wiping of the slate of the era of hacks.

Duff wrote It's So Easy. 'Lol'' all you want.

Fortus has never played with Slash. Surely the experience with Slash and Tobias will teach you that you cannot just chuck one guy in the same band with another and expect them to gel? Fortus would not be losing his job since a 'reunion' would entail just that, a reunion, i.e. a wiping of the slate of the era of hacks.

Duff wrote It's So Easy. 'Lol'' all you want.

Slash wanted Fortus to be in his band tho.

• Like 1