Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses

Oct 02, 2015

Despite being told not to bring up his main band, Fortus was happy to talk about them (he mentioned them first, just saying!)

100% ROCK: Yeah, there’s talk of your other band – who I’m not allowed to mention – releasing some [music] next year. We’ll have to see if that comes out, hey?

Richard: Yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, I have no idea what’s going on. There’s been a lot of talk about stuff. We’ve been talking. The world’s been talking. Who knows what’s going to happen. I have no idea.

100% ROCK: Time will tell!

Richard: I really have no idea what’s going to happen. I do know that Guns wants to do something next year, so I’m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

100% ROCK: Excellent. I appreciate your time. Maybe we can talk about your other band next year if something’s happening on that front?

Richard: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. You know, I’m not opposed to talking about [Guns n’ Roses]. There’s so much speculation going on right now that I don’t want to get myself into trouble and I really don’t know anything at this point.

http://magazine.100percentrock.com/interviews/201510/139422

Geez. Somebody just man up and give an update already!

Man up? He just said he knows nothing... if he had something to say that had any solidity to it he would say it. The guy might get an update from GnR management every 6 months, and that update is "we might do some work next year, keep you posted" what's he supposed to say? "yeah, the new album is out in March, and our tour starts in June" yeh, great... only problem is plans like that are totally up in the air and he would look like a complete ass when things don't happen, fans would be pissed and media would jump on it as "the first of many delays of the next GnR album".

If you're looking for solid news, looking at Frank, Richard, Pitman, Stinson, Dizzy or whoever is not going to get you anywhere. When did Fernando say the 3-4months line? June? July? either way we should be hearing something from that camp either this month or next, if the 3-4 month prediction is to be believed.

Edited by Tom2112

I do know that Guns wants to do something next year, so I’m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

They really need to change the Wikipedia page now. There is only one current member of GNR. Officially. And that will remain the case whether or not he chooses to take Richard, Slash, both or neither on tour with him next year.

My favorite part is "he was happy to talk about it" followed by several versions of "I don't know" lol

Exactly. Either he brushed it off or finaly a member of GnR was honest. Oh wait is he even a member of GnR? :lol:

MOST. FUCKED. UP. BAND. EVER.

• Like 2

Sounds like Izzy is back in the mix and Fortus will be on standby. If a reunion doesn't happen now then I'd be shocked. Too much of the information coming in lately points to the old lineup getting together

Lol, Fortus said he doesn't really know what's happening, as he's said in nearly every interview over the past few years, and that means that Izzy must be back?

You can tell Richard don't give a monkeys really, if i get the call great, another paycheck, i don't suppose it matters to a guitar for hire who he's standing onstage with, it's just getting paid to play isn't it? As long as you can play and enjoy it and get paid. And thats not a knock on his artistry, if anything its a measure of respect, the man just appears to want to play, which is more than can best said for some folk, fair play to him i say.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

You can tell Richard don't give a monkeys really, if i get the call great, another paycheck, i don't suppose it matters to a guitar for hire who he's standing onstage with, it's just getting paid to play isn't it? As long as you can play and enjoy it and get paid. And thats not a knock on his artistry, if anything its a measure of respect, the man just appears to want to play, which is more than can best said for some folk, fair play to him i say.

And he has is own band doing his own original music which is getting great reviews everywhere. Who gives a fuck about Axl's washed up performances of songs that don't sound anything like GNR?

On a related note, FERNANDO and BETA I still haven't heard from you guys - let me know where to send my demo reel, I'll take half the pay Richard gets.

Edited by OmarBradley

And he has is own band doing his own original music which is getting great reviews everywhere. Who gives a fuck about Axl's washed up performances of songs that don't sound anything like GNR?

On a related note, FERNANDO and BETA I still haven't heard from you guys - let me know where to send my demo reel, I'll take half the pay Richard gets.

And as his manager/agent i expect my 15%

• Like 1

I'm trying to stay optimistic.
I'm pretty fucking excited about all the prepp Axl is doing entirely on his own. Who needs a band, right?! On a diet losing weight and rearanging the webstore. Meanwhile he's very buzy writing personalized autographs. Where do we go from here? I'll jump in excitement when New music and/or New tour will be announced. Not seeing it going in that direction though.....

Edited by Ender04
  • Like 1

Sounds like Izzy is back in the mix and Fortus will be on standby. If a reunion doesn't happen now then I'd be shocked. Too much of the information coming in lately points to the old lineup getting together

Yup. Or Fortus is 3rd string with gilby being a 2nd string pick.

Geez. Somebody just man up and give an update already!

Legally they probably can't. It has nothing to do with "manning up"

Edited by Billsfan

I do know that Guns wants to do something next year, so I’m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

They really need to change the Wikipedia page now. There is only one current member of GNR. Officially. And that will remain the case whether or not he chooses to take Richard, Slash, both or neither on tour with him next year.

You can create an account log in and have at it anytime!

I simply LOVE how so many people here were going on and on about "4tus" and how he'll absolutely be part of a reunion and blah blah.

Fortress is just another employee. He's 100% meaningless when it comes to decisions for "GNR". Those decisions belong strictly to Beta, Fernando, and (waaaaaayyyyyy down the ladder) Axl Rose.