2016 RNRHOF thread

Silent Jay

Another year of no Crue or Kiss nominations. HOF is doing a fine job. Hopefully NWA and NIN get in this year.

As far as I know, Kiss has already been inducted.

Yeah wasn't it last year or the year before?

Anyway, hoping NIN gets it.

I guess it was the year before, If NIN gets in, it will be only Trent or we can expect Robin or other members to be inducted?

Kiss did get in? Gay.

Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter were there together on stage, they gave their speeches but they dint perform cause Paul and Gene wanted to perform with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer or whatever his name is.

I wonder how long it can carry on for, this hall of fame. I mean as a genre its at best dormant, in terms of producing 'greats', 15 years from now when they've scraped the bottom of the barrel giving membership to the fuckin' Spin Doctors or whatever, what then?

• Like 1

It would be interesting If Deep purple gets inducted, but im 100% sure that Ritchie Blackmore won't show up.

If they don't induct Steve Morse, I doubt any of them are showing up.

Yeah well that is a question, who will be inducted. But I do have a feeling that the "Current" line up would show up.

Deep Purple. Steve Miller. Smiths. NIN. NWA.

I wonder how long it can carry on for, this hall of fame. I mean as a genre its at best dormant, in terms of producing 'greats', 15 years from now when they've scraped the bottom of the barrel giving membership to the fuckin' Spin Doctors or whatever, what then?

The nominees will be like:

Counting Crows. Matchbox 20. Alanis Morrisette. Creed. Korn

• Like 2

Why do you think they're holding off on so many obvious choices for induction?

After much deliberation, my votes are for:

NIN

NWA

Chic

Deep Purple

Cheap Trick

Edited by bacardimayne

As long as Deep Purple weren't inducted. this whole RNRHOF thing remains a joke

(if we have got any intentions to take the HOF seriously)

Anyway NWA got nothing to do with rock at all so i really don't understand why anybody wants them inducted

Really? Deep Purple is the hill you're willing to die on?

I'm not necessarily for the idea of rap artists in the HOF, but if Run DMC and Public Enemy have been nominated/inducted, NWA sure as fuck deserves it.

Anyway NWA got nothing to do with rock at all so i really don't understand why anybody wants them inducted

I'm not necessarily for the idea of rap artists in the HOF, but if Run DMC and Public Enemy have been nominated/inducted, NWA sure as fuck deserves it.

Exactly. If they're gonna go down that road, then N.W.A deserves it more than anyone.

My votes:

N.W.A

Deep Purple

Cheap Trick

Chicago

Nine Inch Nails

Those were the first mistakes.... that's all (but yeah if we followed the HOF logic, then yeah, NWA deserves it, because they were one of the biggest impacts in hip-hop as far as i know)

You can say Run DMC collaborated with rock artists first, but even that is a stretch, imho

aaand yeah, Deep Purple needs to be inducted before any artists in the whole world

Edited by Strange Broue

I guess no one wants to induct a band that had so many lineup changes like Yes and Deep Purple. I guess they couldn't let the music and influences speak for itself.

Now they are trying to get viewers by letting rap groups in.

They've been trying to induct more rap groups for the past 10 years. On principal, I'm against it, but if they really want to include rap then there's no one more deserving than N.W.A.

• Like 2