2016 RNRHOF thread

Silent Jay

It seems the members who contributed in Deep Purple are getting nominated and not just the "Classic Lineup" or the Mark 3 lineup or whatever its called. Glenn Hughes got nominated, so they will have to nominate Steve Morse also.

I hope Moz and Johnny dont turn up. Also i dont think hip hop should be entered, hip hop genre didnt exactly get much help from rock fans in the early days so fuck em, let em draw water from their own well.

He'll write them a letter to join Axl's and Johnny's, of course he'll mention the NY Dolls being snubbed. Even if Mike Joyce didn't go, he's not going to an event where they serve meat. Marr's been singing Smiths songs at his shows so they don't have to worry about finding someone. Usually the "Seymour Stein" connected bands that were on Sire get in, and that's the case with The Smiths.

Fan votes:

• Chicago-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-Vote.jpg Chicago 15.93% (3433307 votes)
  • YES-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VOTE.jpg.24x Yes 15.67% (3376310 votes)
  • Rock_Hall_2016_Nominee_The_Cars_VOTE.jpg The Cars 15.65% (3372696 votes)
  • Deep-Purple-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VOTE Deep Purple 15.54% (3349828 votes)
  • Steve-Miller-Band-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominee Steve Miller 15.41% (3321210 votes)
  • Janet-Jackson-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VO Janet Jackson 13.29% (2865022 votes)
  • Chaka-Khan-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VOTE. Chaka Khan 1.46% (315690 votes)
  • Cheap-Trick-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VOTE Cheap Trick 1.25% (269566 votes)
  • NWA_2016_Rock_Hall_Nominee_VOTE.jpg.24x1 N.W.A 1.18% (255164 votes)
  • Spinners_2016_Rock_Hall_Nominee_VOTE.jpg The Spinners 1.11% (238572 votes)
  • Chic_2016_Rock_Hall_Nominee_VOTE.jpg.24x Chic 0.99% (213861 votes)
  • Smiths_2016_Rock_Hall_Nominee_VOTE.jpg.2 The Smiths 0.89% (191930 votes)
  • los-lobos-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-VOTE.j Los Lobos 0.58% (124200 votes)
  • JBs-2016-Rock-Hall-Nominees-Vote.jpg.24x The J.B.'s 0.56% (121662 votes)
  • Nine_Inch_Nails_2016_Rock_Hall_Nominee_V Nine Inch Nails 0.47% (100979 votes)

Most of the bands GNR covered on TSI still haven't been inducted by the Rock Hall.

Rightly so. Nazareth, Fear, and the UK Subs don't really have a place there, especially not with some of the glaring omissions they still have.

I'll give you the Misfits though.

• Like 2

I take it we are now interpreting 'rock n' roll' very loosely by inducting all of these shitty rap groups.

Run DMC and Public Enemy shitty rap groups?!? Why you ignorant north country swine, apologise immediately! :lol:

Yea um, Madonna was inducted, rock n roll hasn't mattered to them for a long time.

• Like 1

I take it we are now interpreting 'rock n' roll' very loosely by inducting all of these shitty rap groups.

Run DMC and Public Enemy shitty rap groups?!? Why you ignorant north country swine, apologise immediately! :lol:

Yea um, Madonna was inducted, rock n roll hasn't mattered to them for a long time.

Which goes back to what i was saying, which is that there isn't enough greatness in rock n roll to warrant a hall of fame with annual inductions. Once every 5 years maybe, i dunno but annually, who the fuck are you gonna put in there?

Run DMC. Are those the chaps who did the Aerosmith thing? Fuckin awful.

Run DMC. Are those the chaps who did the Aerosmith thing? Fuckin awful.

I dont think they'll ever be your thing so I'll refrain from posting videos trying to convert you but in their field they are absolute titans. Actually, yknow, i dont think Ive ever asked but what do you make of hip hop? Have you ever liked any? What do you think of MCing as a craft, patterns of rhyme and battling? DJing too, as well as the fundamental hip hop concept of mixing two or more discs/songs to create a new one? I'd be interested to know.

Musically speaking what turns you off about it, or have you never given it much thought? (I say that because we dont tend to necessarily examine something we have an immediate dislike for), i mean do you find the rhythms of it alien, do you find it un-musical? Im interested because you specified it was the actual music that turned you off.