Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

I wonder why they should play festivals here in Europe I guess they are able to sell out stadiums in every country anyway...

Stadiums in Europe? about 60000 people? i would love to,but in 2010 in spain there were 10000 people and place was not packed...... i doubt Gnr playing in the same stadium like 93 in madrid.I really hope them to do it,but they are not as same level

The source quotes a Independent article that said according to the Sunday Mirror 2 months ago (a tabloid that is convinced the world is set to end every few days due to Meteors/Blood Moon and that Messi/Ronaldo are totally going to join United every summer).

• Like 3

I'm probably reading into it too much...

But~! Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist) in a recent interview talked about how he (Todd) will have a window of free time in 2016 for solo stuff.... because of Alter Bridge and "other stuff." OTHER STUFF!!!!

Reunion... starts... mothafuckin...

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

I wonder why they should play festivals here in Europe I guess they are able to sell out stadiums in every country anyway...

Stadiums in Europe? about 60000 people? i would love to,but in 2010 in spain there were 10000 people and place was not packed...... i doubt Gnr playing in the same stadium like 93 in madrid.I really hope them to do it,but they are not as same level

If a promoter is really willing to pay up to 1.5 mil for that concert he should expect at least 30.000+ people - that means stadiums.

Current day GnR don't pack 60000 people (well sometimes, but it's not the usual), a reunion? that's the top level. They would instantly be back to huge stadiums (sold out stadiums).

Can someone just find Axl? There is no way that guy has spent the last year and a half at his house.

I've spent the last two years at mine; why couldn't Axl? :P

Why I think there's not much validity to this rumour: $1.5 million. No way a reunited GNR plays one show for $1.5 million. Five to seven times that price sure, but for $1.5 million? Don't think so.

Can someone just find Axl? There is no way that guy has spent the last year and a half at his house.

Why I think there's not much validity to this rumour: $1.5 million. No way a reunited GNR plays one show for $1.5 million. Five to seven times that price sure, but for $1.5 million? Don't think so.

I could see that figure being accurate but it isn't first appearance accurate. If they get 1.5 for each appearance after the first one then that would be good. You do over 100 shows and your talking some serious money. There will be merchandise sales that will sky rocket also.

The first show they do will be big bucks. And maybe 1.5 is low for each appearance after, but right now if they are serious about this than they just need to test the market and see where the money is. 1.5 might be one of many offers. No telling what someone will offer them. I imagine it the offer will come from an agency in the form of $500 million for 60 shows.

A whole one and a half million dollars?

Is the concert promoter Dr Evil? :lol:

See potential here.[/quote

Didn't slash and friends get 1.5mil to play oversees before he put out the solo album? Seems low to me.

I was refering to the One and Half Million you know that you are. You know we tried to pay you but you were much too shy, you were much shy-a-a-aaaiii.

I read once that they were getting 1 mil per member per show at some point? Maybe Rio? But a lof it got soaked up by their lifestyle, late fees and Axl theme parties he never attended. So Slash said he basically made no money off the Illusion tours.

No. It was in 2009 when Frankie Perez sang and ozzy played a song in Norway under Slash and Friends and he got $1.65mil for the quart festival show.

Edited by jmapelian

I'm out of the loop. How official is it that "nugnr" is over (nugnr being defined as any axl rose experience without salsh)? I saw somewhere they officially broke up after Vegas? Has this been confirmed?

can't confirm anything with this f'ing band.

tommy says they all sort of "left it" in vegas

not a peep from axl or camp

I'm wondering if the story leaked earlier than we got it, to industry people, that Slash and Axl were talking again, which prompted promoters to move in with offers on the off chance.

It seems as though the more traction the story gets, the more we hear about promoters from around the world putting offers in. It might simply be a case of festivals throwing their hats in the ring just in case a miracle does happen.

The hope I hold is that, no one has categorically shot this down yet from any camp, so maybe they are waiting for a full set of offers to come in, before deciding if its the right move personally and financially.

One thing is for sure, there are bound to me twists, turns, on's and off's to this story. The festival circuit tends to force the hand of a band to make announcements when it comes to touring plans, earlier than they'd like to, so at least that could help push a decision through.

This is exactly what popped into my mind when I read the original post and after more than a decade on this forum and longer than that as an eager fan, I'll stick with the assumption that we're bang on unless otherwise confirmed officially.

But none the less, with Axl and Slash talking again and DJ and BBF being out...kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

A8R

Edited by Allen8R

When I first heard this story I thought it was the normal bullshit and I've been waiting for a statement from Axl saying "It's all lies, Slash is a prick etc".

But there's no smoke without fire, and at some point, money talks surely doesn't it?

Grimo.

I imagine it the offer will come from an agency in the form of $500 million for 60 shows.
Lol.

No.

This isn't 1992.

A whole one and a half million dollars?

Is the concert promoter Dr Evil? :lol:

See potential here.[/quote

Didn't slash and friends get 1.5mil to play oversees before he put out the solo album? Seems low to me.

I was refering to the One and Half Million you know that you are. You know we tried to pay you but you were much too shy, you were much shy-a-a-aaaiii.

I read once that they were getting 1 mil per member per show at some point? Maybe Rio? But a lof it got soaked up by their lifestyle, late fees and Axl theme parties he never attended. So Slash said he basically made no money off the Illusion tours.

No. It was in 2009 when Frankie Perez sang and ozzy played a song in Norway under Slash and Friends and he got $1.65mil for the quart festival show.

Slash got 1.6 million for which festival!?!?!?

Slash fee never exceeded 80-100k