Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow

Silent Jay

I was just coming here to post this as well. Beat me to it.

Holy shit. I'm curious to see who's in the band, given that half of the original lineup (including the band's most famous member) is dead. I trust Blackmore to put together a lineup worthy of the name in any event. Logistics can come out later; right now, let us simply bask in the glory of Ritchie coming back to rock n' roll!

Yeah I read in several interviews he was planning on doing about half a dozen shows as Rainbow. One of the reasons he cited is he has the outset of Arthritis and wanted to do Rock one more time before it effects his playing ability.

In this interview it sounds like it is a brand new band with an unknown singer.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ritchie-blackmore-rock-concert-confirmed/

Not surprised he is playing Germany as that is almost his adopted country as he loves it there.

Wish he would the shows bringing in different guest like Coverdale Hughes and others past members to sing their songs but he is a stubborn bastard and not easy to work with so I guess we have to take what we get.

I would go just to see him one more time as he is an amazing guitar player but for me it really is not Rainbow without Ronnie James and Cozy on drums.

Edited by classicrawker

I feel like this is way too late.

by about 5 years :(

the first 3 rainbow albums(and the live albums) are so damn good and some of my favorite albums of all time. it truly was a super group especially the long live rock n roll album. dio/blackmore/powell/daisley some of the most talented musicians in rock right there. i just truly wish something could have happened when ronnie and cozy were still alive or in the very least dio/blackmore/daisley.

the last blackmore interview i read he said he had found a young "undiscovered" up and coming singer who was a cross "between ronnie james dio and freddie mercury" who he said would become famous for his voice. its cool blackmore is coming back to rock(i do like blackmores night as well) but to me rainbow will always be the first 3 albums. down to earth was a decent album and eyes of the world is one of my favorite rainbow songs(graham bonnet has a fantastic voice) and i also liked the last rainbow album strangers in us all with doogie white, but i always hoped ronnie and ritchie would comeback and do an album and a tour.

• Like 3

I feel like this is way too late.

by about 5 years :(

the first 3 rainbow albums(and the live albums) are so damn good and some of my favorite albums of all time. it truly was a super group especially the long live rock n roll album. dio/blackmore/powell/daisley some of the most talented musicians in rock right there. i just truly wish something could have happened when ronnie and cozy were still alive or in the very least dio/blackmore/daisley.

the last blackmore interview i read he said he had found a young "undiscovered" up and coming singer who was a cross "between ronnie james dio and freddie mercury" who he said would become famous for his voice. its cool blackmore is coming back to rock(i do like blackmores night as well) but to me rainbow will always be the first 3 albums. down to earth was a decent album and eyes of the world is one of my favorite rainbow songs(graham bonnet has a fantastic voice) and i also liked the last rainbow album strangers in us all with doogie white, but i always hoped ronnie and ritchie would comeback and do an album and a tour.

This is exactly everything I'd say on the matter as well.

so here is the lineup:

ronnie romero- vocals (lords of black)

ritchie blackmore- guitar(we already know lol)

david keith- drums(blackmores night)

bob noveau- bass(no clue)

jens johansson- keyboards(dio/stratovarius)

having johansson on keyboards is fucking awesome, he would own on gates of babylon or tarot woman.

never heard of lords of black before but the guy has some pipes, reminds me of jens carlsson of persuader, music is pretty good as well.

edit:i guess their debut came out last year, been listening to it, its pretty fucking good.

Edited by bran

''Playing the classic rock anthems of Rainbow and Deep Purple'' made me a bit nauseous. Are Team Brazil working for Blackmore one wonders?

still not as bad as geoff tate

"queensryche: starring geoff tate the original voice"

While I am hoping Blackmore enjoys the limited shows, and they sell out so he will want to do more here in the States, I would respect him if this is it as he would be doing things on his terms.

That being said, having seen Deep Purple MKII and other versions with Ritchie live and the Dio version of Rainbow, I would go to see Ritchie play as he is a guitar hero of mine regardless of who is in his band.

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

While I am hoping Blackmore enjoys the limited shows, and they sell out so he will want to do more here in the States, I would respect him if this is it as he would be doing things on his terms.

That being said, having seen Deep Purple MKII and other versions with Ritchie live and the Dio version of Rainbow, I would go to see Ritchie play as he is a guitar hero of mine regardless of who is in his band.

he is my all time favorite. him and iommi are tied :lol:

Edited by bran