Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow

Silent Jay

ronnie romero did a very good job on catch the rainbow, did dio justice. watching the band is just awkward. i know jen's from a bunch of bands including dio, but it just feels strange watching them.

stargazer sounded pretty good too, but man ritchie sounds like he is playing at half speed.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

01. Highway Star (DEEP PURPLE cover)
02. Spotlight Kid
03. Mistreated (DEEP PURPLE cover)
04. Since You Been Gone (Russ Ballard cover)
05. Man On The Silver Mountain
06. Catch The Rainbow
07. Difficult To Cure
08. Perfect Strangers (DEEP PURPLE cover)
09. Child In Time (DEEP PURPLE cover)
10. Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
11. Stargazer
12. Black Night (DEEP PURPLE cover)
13. Smoke On The Water (DEEP PURPLE cover)

Edited by Silent Jay

16 hours ago, bran said:

ronnie romero did a very good job on catch the rainbow, did dio justice. watching the band is just awkward. i know jen's from a bunch of bands including dio, but it just feels strange watching them.

stargazer sounded pretty good too, but man ritchie sounds like he is playing at half speed.

God I miss Ronnie and  Lemmy... and yeah there is the making of a great band :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well, the singer is decent. Blackmore seems bored and is playing a lot of bum notes.

Blackmore's not bored, he's just unable to play that stuff anymore. His speed and precision have left him.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Blackmore's not bored, he's just unable to play that stuff anymore. His speed and precision have left him.

Ritchie has the outset of arthritis in his hands which is one of the reasons he wanted to do this tour before he couldn't play anymore.......and let's not forget the man is 71 yrs old now......IMHO, while the tempo is incredibly slow, his playing is not half bad considering it is his first rock show in a couple of decades.....Hopefully he and the band will loosen up as they get more gigs under their belt.....also not impressed with the drummer...he really misses Cozy Powell as well.........

.If you want to hear bad go listen to some of the Stones American tour shows from the last tour and how Keef struggles to play most of the songs.........has to suck for a legendary guitar player to get old and not have the dexterity of their youth  anymore...........

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bran said:

perfect strangers sounds really bad

He may be acceptible on the Dio songs but that singer can't sing the Gillan songs worth a shit...............

Off topic looks like drummer ian Paice of Deep Purple has had a mini stroke.........sad to see my classic rock heroes getting old and having health issues

JUNE 16, 2016

To all the people who were expecting to see Deep Purple in Sweden and Denmark this week I would like to let you know the reason the shows were not possible, and also to stop all the speculation and rumours.
Thanks to all the people who have shown concern and sent their best wishes.
These are the first shows I have missed with DP since its formation in 1968.
And I’m sorry for myself!
So sorry for not being able to play for you.
So now I have a set of tablets which have to be taken every day to ensure it doesn’t happen again!
After both CT and MIR scans there was found to be no serious or permanent damage.  As of this moment all I am suffering is a slightly numb right side of  the face a tingling sensation in my right hand. My dexterity in the hand is coming back quickly and I fully expect to re  commence touring next month.
So I had myself admitted to hospital where I was diagnosed with having suffered a “mini stroke”, or TIA. The hospital staff in Stockholm were amazing and started my treatment straight away.
On the morning of the 14th of June I woke up to find that the right side of my body was feeling numb and I could not control my right hand and  fingers.

-Ian Paice.

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

.If you want to hear bad go listen to some of the Stones American tour shows from the last tour and how Keef struggles to play most of the songs.........has to suck for a legendary guitar player to get old and not have the dexterity of their youth  anymore...........

8 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Ritchie has the outset of arthritis in his hands which is one of the reasons he wanted to do this tour before he couldn't play anymore.......and let's not forget the man is 71 yrs old now......IMHO, while the tempo is incredibly slow, his playing is not half bad considering it is his first rock show in a couple of decades.....Hopefully he and the band will loosen up as they get more gigs under their belt.....also not impressed with the drummer...he really misses Cozy Powell as well.........

the rising/long live rock n roll lineups were truly a supergroup. 

8 hours ago, classicrawker said:

He may be acceptible on the Dio songs but that singer can't sing the Gillan songs worth a shit...............

Off topic looks like drummer ian Paice of Deep Purple has had a mini stroke.........sad to see my classic rock heroes getting old and having health issues

JUNE 16, 2016

To all the people who were expecting to see Deep Purple in Sweden and Denmark this week I would like to let you know the reason the shows were not possible, and also to stop all the speculation and rumours.
Thanks to all the people who have shown concern and sent their best wishes.
These are the first shows I have missed with DP since its formation in 1968.
And I’m sorry for myself!
So sorry for not being able to play for you.
So now I have a set of tablets which have to be taken every day to ensure it doesn’t happen again!
After both CT and MIR scans there was found to be no serious or permanent damage.  As of this moment all I am suffering is a slightly numb right side of  the face a tingling sensation in my right hand. My dexterity in the hand is coming back quickly and I fully expect to re  commence touring next month.
So I had myself admitted to hospital where I was diagnosed with having suffered a “mini stroke”, or TIA. The hospital staff in Stockholm were amazing and started my treatment straight away.
On the morning of the 14th of June I woke up to find that the right side of my body was feeling numb and I could not control my right hand and  fingers.

-Ian Paice.

damn hope he will be ok.