Rick and Morty

Snake-Pit

I've heard of this, but never gave it a chance until this morning.

It made me laugh so hard, we now have thread...

Rick and Morty.

I mean, I've watched that Back to the Future documentary 'Back in Time' like 3 times now, once all the way through.. But almost at the beginning they're talking about Rick and Morty, and how it's frustrated creator modeled the duo on Doc and Marty from Back to the Future as a big F' you to sci-fi time and everything - and it really works.

I saw 4 episodes this morning in this order;

The Pilot

Rixty Minutes

Lawnmower Dog

Episode 1 of the 2nd Season (Where I streamed Rick and Morty never had a name for the first 2 episodes, I don't think).

and that last episode with all the timelines doubling due to indecisiveness as a storyline was great but when all those timelines doubled real quick over if it was Phillips or Flathead like that..

That was funny.

Rick and Morty is a funny show.

I just found this on YouTube...

I wanted something I could post/share here, to give you a visual or whatever...

And this clip was so funny, it made it to my Facebook!

Edited by Snake-Pit

It's absolutely brilliant! I thought there already was a thread because i know I've discussed it on this forum, but I guess it's been in the TV show thread.

Before there was Rick and Morty on TV there was "The real animated adventures of doc and mharti". Check it out

"I actually made this as a way to poke fun at the idea of getting cease and desist letters. At the time (October 2006) I had nothing to lose and my original intention was to call this "back to the future: the new official universal studios cartoon featuring the new Doc Brown and Marty McFly" and then I'd just sit back and wait for a letter from their lawyers to arrive. That's actually why it's so filthy. I was just looking to "cupcake" a big studio.
Then, as I began editing the radio play and boarding it, the two characters ended up becoming something different than just a bad impression of Doc and Marty from BTTF. They slowly became two of my favorite characters that I've ever voiced. I backed down on the cease and desist bait and changed the spelling of their names and whatever else I could still change. I mean, it's still ultimately a back to the future joke/ (parody?), but to me all these years later, these two characters have become something of their own. You'll see as you go through this website that these voices pop up in several of my failed pilots."

• Like 1

Why don't you watch it in order? :P

Why doesn't anyone do anything?

IDK, I guess I judged books by their covers and thought Rixty Minutes sounded cooler than Lawnmower Dog way before I saw a video on YouTube telling me the pointlessness of some of their episode titles.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...