If Guns N' Roses Reunites Gilby Clarke Hopes He Could Be Part Of It

Times Of India : Gilby Clarke Interview

October 9, 2015

The burning question that all GnR fans want to know. If the original GnR could reunite, would he join them?

Gilby Clarke: "Of course, it was a great band. If Slash and Duff came back it would be special. I would hope I could be a part of it if that ever happened. I had a great time during those years. We were young and didn't give a shit what anybody thought. Most people's memories are of the drama and negative shit. I remember being a part of a very powerful musical unit. Everybody cared deeply about the live shows and the music that was recorded. I enjoyed that. I really felt we were on the same page musically and were passionate about our performances."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/music/news/Gilby-Clarke-Ive-always-been-a-big-Cheap-Trick-fan/articleshow/49274225.cms

• Like 1

If Guns N' Roses Reunites Richard Fortus Hopes He Could Be Part Of It

Corrected for Rusty and Barcardi's benefit.

Except noone ever said Fortus should be instead of Gilby, crybaby. The point is NEITHER truly matter in a reunion and with Axl involved, the choice between the two would likely be Fortus.

Why did you decide to come into this topic and start this shit up again? Does it bother you that bad?

Well in actual fact I think Gilby, having been treated like excrement by Axl, is unfairly undervalued (by yourself) and mocked (by Barcardi). I do not know why? Maybe he shagged your sister, but I cannot think of a more innocuous and agreeable chap, from a band which consisted of mostly wankers, than Gilby Clarke.

• Like 2

Since when did that become a burning question?

It's a Gilby Clarke interview. If you could ask him one question right now, what would it be?

But regardless of his answer, even if Izzy declined to participate in a reunion tour, the best Gilby could hope for would be a guest slot. They didn't even want him in Velvet Revolver.

Edited by Stress Fracture
  • Like 1

Maybe people are fans of more than just the UYI tour. Is that when you jumped on? In the grand scheme, Gilby doesn't mean a thing to what GNR were. Neither does Fortus.

But by your logic only 'Axl and Slash' matter? I mean 'Guns N' Roses' must have been a 'band' at one stage and not merely a duo (or for that matter an Axl dominated solo act)?

My favourite line-up and era is that of the 1980's and that would be my preferred line-up.

• Like 1

K. Don't need you to agree. I find it pathetic you had to use this topic to stir the same old argument that was discussed weeks ago. Get over it.

In actual fact I was just joking with with my reference to Fortus. I am in agreement that we've exhausted the topic.

For reunion you need the og 5 but the money will be the same and for the fans and media just having Slash and Duff back would be great. Also kind of more realistic in terms of long tours playing the whole of GNRs catalog. But of it's Vegas Residence to celebrate AFD get the OG 5.

Maybe people are fans of more than just the UYI tour. Is that when you jumped on? In the grand scheme, Gilby doesn't mean a thing to what GNR were. Neither does Fortus.

But by your logic only 'Axl and Slash' matter? I mean 'Guns N' Roses' must have been a 'band' at one stage and not merely a duo (or for that matter an Axl dominated solo act)?

My favourite line-up and era is that of the 1980's and that would be my preferred line-up.

I think Rusty has a point, most people would be more excited about Slash and Axl, the rest of the band could be current Guns and people would still be over the moon. And, it wouldn't be a full reunion by any means but a reunion can be between two people (that hypothetical situation would be Axl, Slash and Dizzy reuniting) it doesn't necessarily have to have every past member for it to be called a reunion. If they were trying to call it a classic era line up then they need all the old crew.

My favourite line up is also the 80s band, but I love / like almost all of the line ups... wasn't a fan of the 99-04 line up but I've been fairly happy since '06.